TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purchases after March 1 from a dealer lot, what did you pay?

VEGASTY

i felt this may be good idea to post for who did not pre-order and not purchased yet, to assist what the s-gt is really going for so they can get fair price. I have truly appreciated all the help received from many here in answering my newbie questions before my purchase. so big thanks to all and SAI.

I for one visited an Orange County, CALIF dealer 3 times numerous email and calls, so they new i was serious. I called and asked due to the fact you have more coming can i get at sticker, they said NO, best is $4,000 over. i said thanks and then drove 25 miles and purchased a black one on dealer lot at msrp sticker, $40,900 with shaker 1000, sirius, March 25.

There are plenty out there at MSRP now, which is unusual since the car has only been in production for a few months. And I believe you will soon be able to buy them below MSRP very soon. There's just too many "new" Mustangs out there, and more to come too, that will also affect pricing somewhat. Glad you snapped one up at MSRP! Now, enjoy!!

There are plenty out there at MSRP now, which is unusual since the car has only been in production for a few months. And I believe you will soon be able to buy them below MSRP very soon. There's just too many "new" Mustangs out there, and more to come too, that will also affect pricing somewhat. Glad you snapped one up at MSRP! Now, enjoy!!

I looked in two locations within 75 miles of each other. They both held firm at 41500 so that is what I paid. One place in Denton was holding firm at 44500.

i dont see why anyone would pay over sticker, these cars are not going to be THAT collectible.

perhaps in 30 years...but that is a risky bet.

My only desire is to be able to enjoy the car and sell it without the usual depreciation hit that say a regular GT stang would take.

After a while these dealers will be letting their cars go at sticker or less.

its supply and demand, there is plenty of supply so the prices will reflect that.

Michael10128 - right on! Enjoy it today, buying this car as an investment for 30 years down the road? This is what I plan on doing, an everyday driver in the summer months and when I get tired of it, hope to not lose as much as an ordinary car.

I bought a white 5-speed for MSRP; took delivery mid March. Ordered it in January from a Philadelphia dealer. No options ordered although I've heard of some with Navigation, Satellite Radio, etc. Can that be added after the fact?

I totally agree with you michael10128.......Most of these car's will never have a value as the older shelby's do. In order for the car to have a real collectors value, it would have to be something really rare about the car....low build number's aren't even cutting it anymore.

I purchase an 04 mach 1, brand new with 60 miles on it. I remember being so excited to own what i thought was going to be a rare car do to the low build numbers. Currently the car only has 4000 miles on the odometer, but yet i know i can't sell it for a premium. There are just so many mustang's anymore, even the mach's are now a dime a dozen.

I tried and failed to purchase a GT500. They were very difficult to find in my area and they wanted anywhere from $10K to $20K over MSRP if you did locate one. So, I decided to try for the Shelby GT. These are also somewhat difficult to find but my local dealer located an area dealer who was not going to order the car they were allotted. So, I was able to order one that way – the last day to order one was supposed to be March 28. I paid MSRP for a car for the first time in my life. I see some appear to be going for a few thousand over sticker on e-bay.

According to the info I found, Ford will build up to 10,000 of these cars but no more. I agree that the Shelby GT will not be as collectable as the original or the 500 but I will never sell mine and the grandkids may get a decent price for it down the road. In the meantime I am going to have some fun with it. Its stable mate will be a restored 1964 Galaxie 500.

I totally agree with you michael10128.......Most of these car's will never have a value as the older shelby's do. In order for the car to have a real collectors value, it would have to be something really rare about the car....low build number's aren't even cutting it anymore.

I purchase an 04 mach 1, brand new with 60 miles on it. I remember being so excited to own what i thought was going to be a rare car do to the low build numbers. Currently the car only has 4000 miles on the odometer, but yet i know i can't sell it for a premium. There are just so many mustang's anymore, even the mach's are now a dime a dozen.

I am sorry to disagree with your logic, but the Mach 1 was NEVER meant to be a collecters item.

"Low build numbers" are not the same as a "LOW BUILD NUMBER" there is no way for you to know what number your car was in the series. Anyone with a Shelby GT will know what number the car is. The lower the number the more value it has. (ie my car is # 0022 and I dare anyone to find a lower number) in the long run such a low number adds value to the car.

Reasons why the Mach 1 was not a collectors item:

1) Too Many Built

2) Too Many Variables in the build (ie colors, 2 different HP ratings)

3) The car was a Ford Factory Built car

4) No sequential numbering.

On the other side of the coin take a look at the 2000-2001 Bullit (yes its spelled correctly with one t)

There were about 3000 of those built each one having a numbered plate with a sequential build. There were only 2 colors available. The cars were also sleepers rates at only 275 HP hot rod mag tested them against the current 320 HP cobra and the Bullit was the faster car.

These cars although they have gone down in price a 10 point in the wrapper car will still bring mid to high 20k range. About what it was new.

In my opinion (15 years with Ford) the Shelby GT will not only be an investment but in the long run hold its value better than the GT500 will.

Thats all!

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

.....I think they will be 2008 models. The 2007 build year is closing. There has been no news about Shelby GTs in 2008. Shelby is going to build 500 2007 GT-H convertibles, 1,000 2008 GT500KRs, up to 1,000 40th Anniversary 2007 GT500s, and still about 4,000 more 2007 Shelby GTs. Alot of work ahead of them.

With the build year coming to a close in about three weeks and only about 1200 done as of now; is the build of 6000 ShelbyGTs going to be split over 2007 and 2008 ?

With the build year coming to a close in about three weeks and only about 1200 done as of now; is the build of 6000 ShelbyGTs going to be split over 2007 and 2008 ?

It looks like the number produced to date is somewhere around 1700 give or take. We had #1378 posted here and if you account for a week of shipping time etc. and the average of 60 units per day I've seen quoted here. That means to complete the remaining 6000 approx., again t 60 per day, would take 15 weeks putting the last unit off the line around late-June early July.

Now having said that the 6000 number is, like the 60 per day, is just a number. The actual number will depend how many cars actually get ordered, could be more, could be less.

An early June date is well within in the 07 model year as far as feeding SAI from Flat Rock. The last 07 production run is the first week of June with order books closing in early May so a 4-6 week SAI production run once shipped from Flat Rock puts the customer ship right around late June early July!

In other words, it's going to be tight but can be done!

It looks like the number produced to date is somewhere around 1700 give or take. We had #1378 posted here and if you account for a week of shipping time etc. and the average of 60 units per day I've seen quoted here. That means to complete the remaining 6000 approx., again t 60 per day, would take 15 weeks putting the last unit off the line around late-June early July.

Now having said that the 6000 number is, like the 60 per day, is just a number. The actual number will depend how many cars actually get ordered, could be more, could be less.

An early June date is well within in the 07 model year as far as feeding SAI from Flat Rock. The last 07 production run is the first week of June with order books closing in early May so a 4-6 week SAI production run once shipped from Flat Rock puts the customer ship right around late June early July!

In other words, it's going to be tight but can be done!

I am not sure where some of you get your numbers from? Shelby in vegas and The Ford plant have nothing to do with each other.

I have my 3rd Shelby GT was delivered to Vegas on Friday. It will be numbered somewhere about 2500-2600 (info comes from Shelby directly) which means that if they are producing cars in the 1700-1800 range right now (info also comes from Shelby) there are 800 cars waiting there to be converted.

Ford can produce a HELL of alot more cars that Shelby can with that being said and a "Plant Build Out" somethime in June That means that Shelby will still be working on and delivering cars to dealers and end users well into september and even maybe october.

I still have CSM#0022 for sale @ $39,000 Brand New No Miles!

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

I am not sure where some of you get your numbers from? Shelby in vegas and The Ford plant have nothing to do with each other.

I have my 3rd Shelby GT was delivered to Vegas on Friday. It will be numbered somewhere about 2500-2600 (info comes from Shelby directly) which means that if they are producing cars in the 1700-1800 range right now (info also comes from Shelby) there are 800 cars waiting there to be converted.

Ford can produce a HELL of alot more cars that Shelby can with that being said and a "Plant Build Out" somethime in June That means that Shelby will still be working on and delivering cars to dealers and end users well into september and even maybe october.

I still have CSM#0022 for sale @ $39,000 Brand New No Miles!

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

Jason,

I'm not sure what you read into my post? Not sure how you saw me making a connection between Ford and SAI?

I'll try to explain again.

We agree that they are around the 1700 point right now. If the 6000 number holds true and Shelby can convert 60 units per day, while Ford keeps shipping to full the lot, they could convert the remaining 4200 units in 15 weeks which is the end of June early July. If my information is correct and the last week to build a GT is the first week of June, then given SAI's goal of a 4-6 week Flat Rock to customer perfectly aligns to the end of June Early July. No where near September/October. If it were, as you suspect, September, that would mean SAI would be sitting on cars in Vegas for three months, and October four months, and that's just not going to happen.

IMHO!

Will be hard to say what the finally tally will be in all reality.........when ford built the mach 1's, ford built 9,652 units 2003 Mach 1, which was supposed to be the only year, but they built another lot of mach 1's, which came to 7,182 units 2004 Mach 1's........

With those type's of numbers, you would really think the car would be rare........so not really sure even if they keep the gt numbers down to 3k, if the car's will really be that rare........What i would say though, is if you do buy the Shelby GT, drive it, enjoy it, and don't wait for it to be come a highly sought after collectible. I didn't do that with my mach 1, which only has 4,000 miles on it, and i kind of regret not driving it alot over the past few years.

Jason,

I'm not sure what you read into my post? Not sure how you saw me making a connection between Ford and SAI?

I'll try to explain again.

We agree that they are around the 1700 point right now. If the 6000 number holds true and Shelby can convert 60 units per day, while Ford keeps shipping to full the lot, they could convert the remaining 4200 units in 15 weeks which is the end of June early July. If my information is correct and the last week to build a GT is the first week of June, then given SAI's goal of a 4-6 week Flat Rock to customer perfectly aligns to the end of June Early July. No where near September/October. If it were, as you suspect, September, that would mean SAI would be sitting on cars in Vegas for three months, and October four months, and that's just not going to happen.

IMHO!

The point that I was trying to achive was that the plant can out produce SAI. Right now SAI is 800 units behind Plant production. If that keeps up (Barring and further slow downs) in 3 months when the Plant is done producing cars SAI will be well over 2000 behind.

I dont think that SAI is producing 60 cars a day. If i remember correctly it takes them 5 and 1/2 hours to produce 1 S-GT so even if they ran 2 shifts a day I seriously doubt that even SAI has the ability to upfit 30 cars at one time.

If they are 2000 units behind when the Plant stops in june and they can produce 20 cars per day (simple math says this would be about right.) then they will take 100 days (3 months) to catch up and finish, having said this the last cars would land in the September timeframe.

If I am off and someone can explain to me how SAI can produce 60 a day I would love to see the math.

Jason

The point that I was trying to achive was that the plant can out produce SAI. Right now SAI is 800 units behind Plant production. If that keeps up (Barring and further slow downs) in 3 months when the Plant is done producing cars SAI will be well over 2000 behind.

I dont think that SAI is producing 60 cars a day. If i remember correctly it takes them 5 and 1/2 hours to produce 1 S-GT so even if they ran 2 shifts a day I seriously doubt that even SAI has the ability to upfit 30 cars at one time.

If they are 2000 units behind when the Plant stops in june and they can produce 20 cars per day (simple math says this would be about right.) then they will take 100 days (3 months) to catch up and finish, having said this the last cars would land in the September timeframe.

If I am off and someone can explain to me how SAI can produce 60 a day I would love to see the math.

Jason

The cars are not on the rack for 6 hours they do the striping and interior stuff on the ground. They have at least 10 or more lifts, it can be done.

The cars are not on the rack for 6 hours they do the striping and interior stuff on the ground. They have at least 10 or more lifts, it can be done.

Amy/John Walker Forgetting about the mod shop. Realistically, how many cars can be upfitted per day on average if the striping and interior stuff is already done ?

Forum question- Do you guys and gals think people are going to want to buy 07 Shelby GTs and GT 500s in August /September when the 08 GT500KR and who knows what else is right around the corner ? Opinions ?

Amy/John Walker Forgetting about the mod shop. Realistically, how many cars can be upfitted per day on average if the striping and interior stuff is already done ?

Forum question- Do you guys and gals think people are going to want to buy 07 Shelby GTs and GT 500s in August /September when the 08 GT500KR and who knows what else is right around the corner ? Opinions ?

of course they will. Not everyone wants or can afford a KR or a GT 500. There will always be someone who will buy anything from shelby. Just like Ford said,,, A steed for every need...

"Ford has committed to at least one new Mustang ‘feature’ vehicle per year. For 2007, it is the Shelby GT, and for 2008, there will be at least two including the Shelby GT500KR and the previously announced Mustang Bullitt."

I really don't think there will be a Shelby GT for 08 based upon the way Ford is wording Press Releases, but like I said there is wiggle room here. Should things slow down at SAI and Ford continues to see a slide in Mustang sales, they may re-release the SGT, who knows. No matter what the plan of record is right now things can change. Ford got a lot of good press off the SGT but they won't get that again for a simple repeat. These cars are incremental revenue for Ford the real play is PR and dealership foot traffic and an SGT for 08 will be yesterday's news.

IMHO!

"Ford has committed to at least one new Mustang ‘feature’ vehicle per year. For 2007, it is the Shelby GT, and for 2008, there will be at least two including the Shelby GT500KR and the previously announced Mustang Bullitt."

I really don't think there will be a Shelby GT for 08 based upon the way Ford is wording Press Releases, but like I said there is wiggle room here. Should things slow down at SAI and Ford continues to see a slide in Mustang sales, they may re-release the SGT, who knows. No matter what the plan of record is right now things can change. Ford got a lot of good press off the SGT but they won't get that again for a simple repeat. These cars are incremental revenue for Ford the real play is PR and dealership foot traffic and an SGT for 08 will be yesterday's news.

IMHO!

Paid MSRP 40,405.00 from a dealer 0545

Another dealer just down the street had another black 5 speed for 5,000 over sticker with less options.

Sarasota Florida

Jason

Do we even know that they will sell all 6000 SGT? You are assuming that they will. A lot of the eBay listings are not selling, the ADM's hurt sales, and many people don't even know about the car. I also thought that all the 07 car orders had to be completed soon. I even heard that Ford dropped the auto trans req. with every other order. Why did they do that? Maybe they haven't been getting the orders Ford was expected? SAI may not have any problem meeting June if they only produce 4500-5000.

I purchased #109 on April 6th for MSRP, $40,080. The dealer wanted $4,000 over but after telling them that I would be driving one that night one way or another they sold it to me for sticker.

As for future value, who knows? First and foremost I don't think any of these cars will hold their value like the older cars have. In the 60's people were not all that concerned about preserving the cars. How many Mustangs, Camaros, Hemis, Shelbys, and Trans Ams were trashed and disposed of? The few cars that were left became highly valuable for various reasons but mainly because of scarcity. Secondly, the high prices the older cars are commanding today are causing people to snatch these new cars up and hold on to them. In 30 years there will still be plenty of 07 GT500s and SGTs around because people have preserved them due to the skyrocketing value of the few remaining 60's super cars.

I know my 94 Cobra conv sold for $26,000 with a $5,000 ADM new. 13 years later it is just now starting to come back to it's original value (MSRP) and there were only 1000 of them made. Being a pace car has helped but there has definately not been a great ROI as of yet.

I guess my $.02 worth is this; Buy them, drive them, enjoy them, cherish them, and pass them on. Henry Ford built his cars to be driven, do what the man intended you to do with them. Drive the wheels off them!

Now this is completely off topic (sort of) but since there are dealers on this thread I thought I might ask anyway.

I am looking at buying a 2007 GT. No options except for an automatic transmission. Sticker says Total Vehicle & Options = $26270. I have the X-plan option where I work. Dealer says that X plan price is = $25358. Does not sound right to me but that is why I'm asking.

Anybody?

Archived