TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Order Guide

GT-350_merged

For those that have not seen this, enjoy!

Don't want to rain on anything and I've always hoped and thought an SGT brochure was needed, but I am VERY VERY VERY doubtful this is from Ford or Shelby. It looks like something an enthusiast patched together. It's chock full of branding issues and poor execution of design. There is simply NO WAY this came from Ford marketing.

IMHO!

Don't want to rain on anything and I've always hoped and thought an SGT brochure was needed, but I am VERY VERY VERY doubtful this is from Ford or Shelby. It looks like something an enthusiast patched together. It's chock full of branding issues and poor execution of design. There is simply NO WAY this came from Ford marketing.

IMHO!

Amy or anyone at Shelby want to reply or if there is a better version PLEASE post........

It is actually from Ford, sent to the dealers so they know how to order their Shelby GT's. They do throw them together fairly quickly, but all the important stuff is there. Quite nice actually, compared to some of the sales addendums they've received in the past with other models.

It is actually from Ford, sent to the dealers so they know how to order their Shelby GT's. They do throw them together fairly quickly, but all the important stuff is there. Quite nice actually, compared to some of the sales addendums they've received in the past with other models.

OMG! You think this is 'nice'? It's junk! I'll make one and post! This is terrible! I guess it's ok given it was never supposed to be customer facing but they couldn't be bothered to even keep the same font, color and size from one page to another! The boxes aren't even aligned and in some places touch. This is amateur hour! An embarrassment but given everything else... <_<

You should be doing the artwork and sales lits for Ford MattChicago! But I still say it's "nice", as remember, these sales cards were not for public view, but for Ford sales people only, to help them get the right codes for ordering their SGT's. Since there was no intention of producing a typical sales brochure (for the general public), it hardly has the polished look that you're probably seeking.

I've seen the sales cards for the 35th anniversary Mustang (1999), Bullitt (2001), Mach 1 (2003), and various SVT Cobras, and think this is as good as any. This was thrown together hastily, so pretty good considering..............

You should be doing the artwork and sales lits for Ford MattChicago! But I still say it's "nice", as remember, these sales cards were not for public view, but for Ford sales people only, to help them get the right codes for ordering their SGT's. Since there was no intention of producing a typical sales brochure (for the general public), it hardly has the polished look that you're probably seeking.

I've seen the sales cards for the 35th anniversary Mustang (1999), Bullitt (2001), Mach 1 (2003), and various SVT Cobras, and think this is as good as any. This was thrown together hastily, so pretty good considering..............

LOL...thanks but...I'll keep my day job! ;)

I woud love to get one of the sales cards, ugly or not, to show. These look like something that would come as a sales tool from Product Management or Sales Training depts. but you would think they could do a better job or have more pride in their work, at least enough to keep the lines and boxes aligned.

Sorry...I'm in Marketing! :rolleyes:

I woud love to get one of the sales cards, ugly or not, to show. These look like something that would come as a sales tool from Product Management or Sales Training depts. but you would think they could do a better job or have more pride in their work, at least enough to keep the lines and boxes aligned.

Matt,

When this information came from Ford to the dealers in early December my dealer forwarded the info. to me by e-mail and the file was 3 slides that were part of a PowerPoint presentation. I'll try to attach it to this post. BTW - I was the guy that had to wait 3 months for his VIN. I got notice this week from my dealer that the car has been completed in Flat Rock and is awaiting rail shipment to Shelby. I'm gettin closer man! :D

Dave - IASHELBY

I printed this to read it...only to realize I need like an egyptian cryptologist to read it....whats up?

I thought it was a mixture of Latin, French and Spanish with a little German.

Or it could be just general nwsfugergoinsdf so he didn't have to type all that stuff out! :unsure:

Matt,

When this information came from Ford to the dealers in early December my dealer forwarded the info. to me by e-mail and the file was 3 slides that were part of a PowerPoint presentation. I'll try to attach it to this post. BTW - I was the guy that had to wait 3 months for his VIN. I got notice this week from my dealer that the car has been completed in Flat Rock and is awaiting rail shipment to Shelby. I'm gettin closer man! :D

Dave - IASHELBY

VERY VERY cool! Congratulations! Mine has been shipped (March 12) and is someplace, I hope, at least west of the Missippi by now!

If you can find thje PPT that would be cool!

I thought it was a mixture of Latin, French and Spanish with a little German.

Or it could be just general nwsfugergoinsdf so he didn't have to type all that stuff out! :unsure:

You are correct! It's marketing gibberish boiler plate type that's created to "look" like text for formatting purposes. It's used as a place holder until you flow the real text in. It's actually an art to get it right. you can't just type on the keyboard, it will never look right and line breaks etc., get messed up.

Hey if people really like these I'm happy to do trhem for real but since they're not a real Shelby or Ford production they really are nothing more than a curiosity and not sure worth the trouble for myself.

There are some changes I would make too. The "Bold Moves" logo needs to be relplaced with a better copy for example.

It was just for fun...

To MattChicago:

If you have a good rapport with your dealer, just ask him for the sales card(s) when he's done ordering for the year 2007. He has no reason to keep them and would probably end up in the garbage otherwise. I always got all the sales cards from special edition Mustangs just by asking. Good luck!

Archived