TEAM SHELBY FORUM

“Powered by FORD” emblems

GT-350_merged

Here's the emblem for those folks who have been asking.....

poweredbyfordemblem.jpg

This emblem is back after being off the market for years. Authorized by Carroll Shelby and approved by Ford. The base is beautifully polished chrome and the brushed aluminum insert is finished with a luster that will make this emblem stand out. Features 3M adhesive tape for easy mounting anywhere.

Estimated Dimensions: 1.5" x 4"

S2MS-16228-A

$24.95

follow link to site for more info......

Powered by Ford emblems

Here's the emblem for those folks who have been asking.....

poweredbyfordemblem.jpg

This emblem is back after being off the market for years. Authorized by Carroll Shelby and approved by Ford. The base is beautifully polished chrome and the brushed aluminum insert is finished with a luster that will make this emblem stand out. Features 3M adhesive tape for easy mounting anywhere.

Estimated Dimensions: 1.5" x 4"

S2MS-16228-A

$24.95

follow link to site for more info......

Powered by Ford emblems

OK, going to ask a dumb question here but I know I can't be the only one curious. I was noticing most all the after-market parts (here and elsewhere) have a cobra on them. Talking strictly about the latest generation of released "Shelby's", the GT's don't have a cobra anywhere but the GT-500's do. Is the cobra just a general Shelby-esque emblem or by putting the cobra emblem on a GT would it be considered "being a poser" - like someone who would go on E bay and buy the Shelby GT stickers for a standard mustang? (yes they are already being sold on E bay <_< )

I'm not slamming anyone I'm just curious about the general consensus. It seems a lot of after-market add-on's are geared toward the 500's with the cobra emblem but the GT's are being overlooked.

OK, going to ask a dumb question here but I know I can't be the only one curious. I was noticing most all the after-market parts (here and elsewhere) have a cobra on them. Talking strictly about the latest generation of released "Shelby's", the GT's don't have a cobra anywhere but the GT-500's do. Is the cobra just a general Shelby-esque emblem or by putting the cobra emblem on a GT would it be considered "being a poser" - like someone who would go on E bay and buy the Shelby GT stickers for a standard mustang? (yes they are already being sold on E bay <_< )

I'm not slamming anyone I'm just curious about the general consensus. It seems a lot of after-market add-on's are geared toward the 500's with the cobra emblem but the GT's are being overlooked.

As far as i know there were no cobras on the 65 gt 350 either.

OK, I'm not an expert and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night but........

The "Powered by FORD" emblems I posted are repop's of the "original" emblems found on the two seat Cobras and Sunbeam Tigers. Not any of the Shelby G.T. 350's or G.T. 500's (1965-1970).

Now as for the "Cobra" on the new GT 500 this is a result of Carroll selling the trade marked rights to the word "Cobra" along with the image of the Cobra back in the late 60's to square up a debt Shelby American had with Ford (Ford has used this on the Mustang II Cobras and the SVT Cobras).

Now fast forward to today and the Shelby GT, if I remember right I read Shelby Automotive (direct link to Shelby American of the 1960's) partnered with Ford to advise on the Ford GT (link to the GT40's Shelby American made into winners), the Shelby Coupe Concept car, and the new Shelby Cobra GT 500. Then Shelby Autos made a “Bold Move” with Ford to do 5 or 6 new Shelby’s, not using the word Cobra or the Cobra image because that would compete with the new GT 500. So now we have the Hertz Shelby GT-H, the Shelby GT and the upcoming Hertz convertible’s and maybe 2 or 3 new Shelby’s in the pipeline………

Hope this helps.....

....Also, I asked Amy about the Cobra symbology once and she responded they were left off the Shelby GT to keep the two cars, GT500 and the Shelby GT, different. Some of what GT-350 is most likely true and it's spun one way or the other. So is everything else in life.

The '60s GT350s did have Cobra symbols. Specifically on the sterring wheel and gas caps of the 65 & 66, built by Mr. Shelby. I don't think you are a poser if you use the Cobra symbol sparingly and they are from the Shelby store or from Shelby license dealers. For instance, the American Racing wheels. If you are buying Shelby Razors, Redlines, Torqs, or GT40 wheels you are going to have the Cobra symbol on the center cap. The Engine dress up kit or armrest cover from Shelby have Cobra symbology but it is also a different design then the standard Cobra.

Lastly, if you choose not to add Cobra symbols that is cool too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived