TEAM SHELBY FORUM

is shaker 1000 really worth the extra 1300?

VEGASTY

found S Calif dealer willing to sell me blk one at msrp, but has the shaker 1000, anyone get a GT below msrp yet? i really don't want a shaker 1000, if i have to, hate paying 1300 for it, that money could get me a painted CS hood :)

When I ordered my Black 5-Spd S-GT I said I wanted the Shaker 500 for the same reasoning...wanted to spend that $1300 on other mods.

Problem is, my dealer misunderstood me and when my car arrived it had the Shaker 1000. I was upset, but this was a dealer who had taken my order over the phone and not charged me a penny in deposit and was selling me the car at M.S.R.P.

And once I had seen the car, I was done, couldn't send it back.

I will say though that I have really enjoyed the Shaker 1000---the base is awesome. Problem is, I find most of the time, I am turning the stereo off because I enjoy listening to the exhaust more. But in the long run, I can already tell that I'm glad I have the Shaker 1000. This is my daily driver and when I am stuck in traffic and not able to listen to the car, the stereo rocks.

When I ordered my Black 5-Spd S-GT I said I wanted the Shaker 500 for the same reasoning...wanted to spend that $1300 on other mods.

Problem is, my dealer misunderstood me and when my car arrived it had the Shaker 1000. I was upset, but this was a dealer who had taken my order over the phone and not charged me a penny in deposit and was selling me the car at M.S.R.P.

And once I had seen the car, I was done, couldn't send it back.

I will say though that I have really enjoyed the Shaker 1000---the base is awesome. Problem is, I find most of the time, I am turning the stereo off because I enjoy listening to the exhaust more. But in the long run, I can already tell that I'm glad I have the Shaker 1000. This is my daily driver and when I am stuck in traffic and not able to listen to the car, the stereo rocks.

Dang what a salesman you are :), i am heading over there right now and was going to bust them up to try and get the shaker for their cost if i buy a logjack for $595, hope they do not see your post, lol

thanks

TY

Dang what a salesman you are :), i am heading over there right now and was going to bust them up to try and get the shaker for their cost if i buy a logjack for $595, hope they do not see your post, lol

thanks

TY

I've got the 1000 in mine. For a factory system, it's hard to beat. It sounds great, good clarity and the bass hits nicely, not obnoxiously. No rattles in the car. Solid system, great sound.

The reason I went with it, all the wires were run when the car was built. No needing to worry about running wires to the trunk after the fact. Can you spend the same amount of money on something aftermarket and get something nicer? Probably. But for the simple fact that the system came installed and complete, that's what I went with.

I did upgrade my head unit- I got a Kenwood DDX-6019. In-dash DVD player and all... Direct Ipod hookup with on screen controls, bluetooth and navigation. It's silly fun. Expensive, but pretty cool to show off. I work for a race team (I will not specify which one, because we may or may not make Mustang products as well) so I've got in-car cameras on DVD. Pretty cool to have that playing while you're driving down the road. Just a show-off piece.

When I got my Shelby GT I ended up with the Shaker 1000 and I didn't want it either but to be honest I like it and when I am not listening to the exhaust it makes it really nice to listen to. It isn't a daily driver but I am glad that I bought this car.

thanks for the great comments, i picked it up last night, time to crank that stereo and see what its all about :).

rorman what does this mean "I've got in-car cameras on DVD"

MY '05 Mustang GT had a Shaker 1000 radio. I wasn't impressed by the sound at all. When I ordered my Shelby GT I felt the price for Shlaker 1000 was too much for a mediocre radio. The sound of the radio in my F-150 H-D edition with preimum sound was MUCH better. Of course, it probably has to do with the size of the doors which serve as speaker cabinets.

I'm lloking forward to hearing the motor on the Shelby.

thanks for the great comments, i picked it up last night, time to crank that stereo and see what its all about :).

rorman what does this mean "I've got in-car cameras on DVD"

In-car cameras... Ever watch a NASCAR race? It's the camera that sits on top of the car. That camera records the entire race. So, I'll leave that playing on the screen with music playing in the background. It's something different.

In-car cameras... Ever watch a NASCAR race? It's the camera that sits on top of the car. That camera records the entire race. So, I'll leave that playing on the screen with music playing in the background. It's something different.

OK, so you get to watch yourself drive! i could think of some better fun things to do with that camera, ahhhhhh to be 18 again :)

thanks for the info, what did the whole set up cost, can you link to pic of yours? not of you driving tho :)

OK, so you get to watch yourself drive! i could think of some better fun things to do with that camera, ahhhhhh to be 18 again :)

thanks for the info, what did the whole set up cost, can you link to pic of yours? not of you driving tho :)

OK I just realized the camera may be outside the car, where did u mount it?

Shaker 500 is just awesome. and does not take up any space. There is really no need for the 1000.

Answer to question #2 about under MSRP. Yes--- we bought from a small dealer who had very low traffic flow through the dealership. We paid $38,000 for a car listed at $38,985.

Jeff

found S Calif dealer willing to sell me blk one at msrp, but has the shaker 1000, anyone get a GT below msrp yet? i really don't want a shaker 1000, if i have to, hate paying 1300 for it, that money could get me a painted CS hood :)

I'll start by saying that I have the 1000 in my 05' GT and opted for the Navigation (equivalent audio to the 500) in my SGT.

Now having said that I think BOTH are often overkill in that so many of us are burning MP3 CD's or plugging in our iPods. I mean seriously...it's like putting a top of the line head-kit in with kmart speakers. At 128-256bit an MP3 is junk (audio fidelity wise) and all we're doing and listening to that junk louder and with bad bass!

Now if you use REAL CD's or very high bit rate AAC etc., well sure it's awesome, but I really think the quality of your music library is of far more importance than the difference in the 500 vs. the 1000.

OK I just realized the camera may be outside the car, where did u mount it?

No no, the DVD that plays is from a roof cam on a racecar that is in a race- I didn't mount a camera in my Mustang!

By the time I had the head unit, navigation and bluetooth, I put about $2500 into it. It's nothing you need by any means, but it's a cool toy.

No no, the DVD that plays is from a roof cam on a racecar that is in a race- I didn't mount a camera in my Mustang!

By the time I had the head unit, navigation and bluetooth, I put about $2500 into it. It's nothing you need by any means, but it's a cool toy.

i C said the blind man, i told ya i was newbie :), <bleep> now i gotta fill that camera mount hole on the roof.....kiddin kiddin

thanks for the info

Archived