TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help with suspension differences in 06 GT-H & 07 Shelby GT

Skip

Hello,

I have a 06 GT with the same set up as the GT-H an a 07 Shelby GT. The 07 seems to be a much smoother riding car than the 06. Did Ford do any thing different with the 07 than the 06 that would effect ride quality while utilizing the Ford Racing Handeling Pack? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Skip

Hello,

I have a 06 GT with the same set up as the GT-H an a 07 Shelby GT. The 07 seems to be a much smoother riding car than the 06. Did Ford do any thing different with the 07 than the 06 that would effect ride quality while utilizing the Ford Racing Handeling Pack? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Skip

They stiffened the frame some in the transmission tunnel area for the GT500 (the same frame is used for all mustangs V6, GT and GT500 so they all received the benefit). Some computer coding changes but I don't know of anything else.

What do you have on the 06 for wheels and tires? Upgrading to 285/40/18 tires on my 05 GT hurt the ride. The air pressure in the tires also makes a noticeable difference.

My 06 and 07 both have the same tires, but the 06 has the upgraded 18" wheel option. They both have nitrogen in the tires and are set at 32lbs of pressure.

They stiffened the frame some in the transmission tunnel area for the GT500 (the same frame is used for all mustangs V6, GT and GT500 so they all received the benefit). Some computer coding changes but I don't know of anything else.

If that was the only change made in 07 I wonder how difficult it would be to stregthen up the 06? Would a good set of subframe connectors do the trick?

If that was the only change made in 07 I wonder how difficult it would be to stregthen up the 06? Would a good set of subframe connectors do the trick?

Subframe connectors will stiffen up the frame. It will also stiffen an 07 as well but I don't know how it will affect ride quality. Could make it smoother or harsher. I'm not sure.

Archived