TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ShelbyCar Alarm.

stump_breaker

LOJAC!?

Never really considered it before, but in light of your comment......how much does it sell for?

I goggled nearest lojac dealer and it gave me dealerships in NYC.....SO I thought maybe you (or someone here) could give me some basics.

I got Lojack installed on my SGT thru the dealership. The option was offered to me at time of purchase. I believe the cost was $695. I made an appt. and brought the car back and the system was installed at the dealership.

Mark

1-(800)-4-LOJACK or Lojack.com

they will even come to your house....

Im not going to bother because if it gets stolen, ill get something else...

1-(800)-4-LOJACK or Lojack.com

they will even come to your house....

Im not going to bother because if it gets stolen, ill get something else...

Take a look at this... http://www.drdetailshop.com/v200.htm

Its the viper GPS 210V, My son is going to put it on his Evolution VIII. I'm thinking about putting it on my Shelby GT. It seems pretty cool, all the functions make it worth it. I called lojack and it will take them 30-60 minutes to call you to tell you you're car has been moved and with this viper system the key fob will ring and viper will e-mail, call, and text message you to tell you you're car has moved

I called a dealer selling the Shelby alarm and they said they stopped selling because 50% of what they sold came back defective. I was thinking of a Viper or Clifford system. I know it won't keep the pros away, but maybe it is some deterant.

It's actually made by Crimestopper. I wonder if it's just a junky system? the few posts I have found said they liked their Crimestopper units.

Take a look at this... http://www.drdetailshop.com/v200.htm

Its the viper GPS 210V, My son is going to put it on his Evolution VIII. I'm thinking about putting it on my Shelby GT. It seems pretty cool, all the functions make it worth it. I called lojack and it will take them 30-60 minutes to call you to tell you you're car has been moved and with this viper system the key fob will ring and viper will e-mail, call, and text message you to tell you you're car has moved

Do you guys know that the Lojack fee is a "one-time" fee??? This GPS system has a yearly re-newal fee...

I think I'm going to Lojack my car... Just my humble opinion. :D

Gary

I'm going with the viper system because you are notified with in a couple of seconds, not an hour like the lojack early warning. Yes you will have to pay a renewal fee with viper every year but to be notified with in a couple of seconds instead of a hour seems worth it to me plus all of the extra features you get with the viper system. Also you're car has to be with in a mile or so of a police car for the police car to even get the lojack signal (if the police car even has the lojack) Not all police cars have a lojack box in them. With the viper system you don't have rely on a police car that may or may not be lojack equipt

socaljafo, you can look up where you're car is and let the police know because you can look up the location of you're vehicle on-line and get a real time map of the location

goakley1, I would really compare the two before I made my decision, I was all about lojack too until I compared lojack to the viper GPS 210V. But hopefully we will never need to use either one.

With all due respect......

Features on the Viper sound good, but....I dont think we are buying these devices to keep these cars from getting stolen out of our own garages? Where exactly is your instant online access going to be when the car gets taken from a restaurant or mall or anywhere else for that matter. Are you going to have the computer with you to look up online a realtime location within seconds, probably not. Once you take a cab home and about an hour goes by, you can look then and you wont be any better off with the Viper than you were with Lojack.

With cell phones getting better and better, I would think you could use it.

Or use your cell phone to call the cops and say "My car was just stole but here is the web address that tells you how you can find it........ :lol: "

As mentioned before by others, my biggest drawback is the range of the lojack and just how many police cars actually have the system installed. I live in smaller rural areas and I can almost bet if they have lojack it's only in a car or two.

With all due respect......

Features on the Viper sound good, but....I dont think we are buying these devices to keep these cars from getting stolen out of our own garages? Where exactly is your instant online access going to be when the car gets taken from a restaurant or mall or anywhere else for that matter. Are you going to have the computer with you to look up online a realtime location within seconds, probably not. Once you take a cab home and about an hour goes by, you can look then and you wont be any better off with the Viper than you were with Lojack.

Most of the time you will not need the online access because the viper system will alert you instantly on the key fob included with the alarm so when you're car is moved, you're key fob will alert you that and you need to haul ass (Run) to see if you're car is still there. If you're car is at home and you are not you will recieve a phone call letting you know that you're car is being moved and Viper will let you know where it is at, If you're car is not at home (performance shop) you can see if you're car is going places it shouldn't (lunch runs)

If you are at the mall, restaurant, ect lojack will not alart you for at least an hour after the car is moved, And most police cars do not have lojack in them so they will not know that you're car is stolen. Until you call it in or lojack calls you. Also you do not need you're home computer to see where you're cars is, you just need to remember you're user ID and password. Now-a-days there are alot of businesses that will most likely let you use their computers in this situation. If you ask me this system IS ALOT better then lojack

Stump breaker, I would find out where my car is and direct the police to the location of my vehicle. or go get it myself

I am NOT paid by viper I just use their products, and my son is very close with our local police department and they have about 3,000 officers and about 10 cars have lojack.

Archived