TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions for SAI

riharely

John:

We are all very excited you have joined the forum. I have noticed that there are questions for you in many different threads.

You may hate me later, but I took the liberty of consolidating current questions on the forum. Even though we don't all have the same questions, I'm sure that many of us are interested in these answers as the ownership of our Shelbys progress.

PLEASE EVERYONE, LET'S JUST KEEP THIS THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ONLY SO JOHN CAN FOLLOW AND NOT HAVE TO READ COMMENTS OR CHAT IN THIS THREAD. It will also become a good resource for new members to check and read before they ask duplicate questions. ThanK you. ( Tim, not a moderator) :)

HERE GOES>>>>>>>>

1. The lower grill with driving lights. does that come with the aluminum (?) insert, as shown on the GT-H convertible?

2. Will the Ford shorty headers bolt up to the exhaust pipes you're putting on the SGT? I'd like to add them. Here is Ford part number from their web site. M-9430-S197*

2005-06 MUSTANG HI-FLOW SHORTY HEADERS Thanks,

Dave - IASHELBYGT

3. Also the wheel total is that in the range of the polished Razors? Or will they be more/less?

4. Are the Black Razors in Stock?

5. When are the polished S/Cs due to arrive?

6. Is there a timeline for the new grille bracket and/or has it been changed on production cars yet?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just going to write something about this!

Ok...here is, in my opinion on the matter. We seem to have multiple threads on the same topic and often have to answer the same questions later because the thread the answer was posted is now fallen down off the chart so to speak.

I would vote that we come up with some general topic threads that get pinned to the top of the page.

For example:

Buyer Questions

VIN Tracker Questions

Delivery Questions

Supercharger Questions

Other Modification Questions

Owner/Driver Impressions

For Sale Notices

These seem to cover the major areas of discussion. People would be free to add new topics of course but if we could direct people to the above when appropriate after a time we should be able to say "You'll find the answer in the Delivery Question thread. Of course one would hope they've already read through it but I may be hoping for a little too much there.

Great thread! We'll keep it simple on this thread. No BS. You ? and I'll ! ;)

RI-

1. Lower grille is the same as the one on the GT-H Concept. Chromed billet grill, PIAA driving lights and brake duct cut out. No ducting, just the port for the ducting.

2. On the exhaust, we modify the "H" to an "X" and then we take off the stock mufflers and add the FPP mufflers. If the stock exhaust fits with the shorty headers, it will also fit our system. BUT I do not know about the calibration on the computer. You will more than likely need to get a programmer also.

3. The Shelby Razors that we are offering in the $2175 package are the Anthracite, Silver and Black. We do not have a polished Razor. We will have a Chrome. We have Anthracite in stock now. We expect the Black, Silver and Chrome to become available in May. The Razors in Chrome will add an additional $440 to the package, $2615 total.

4. Answered in #3.

5. We expect the polished blowers on Tuesday 3-27.

6. We will not be using the grill housing on the Shelby GTs. The way we modify the existing grill will be universal on all S-GTs. If this is going to be an issue with you guys, I will offer it to existing SGT owners at cost.

Ben, How long have you had your car now? We should have had all of the missing mats shipped out by now. Let me know and we'll get this addressed for you.

-John

John,

When do you expect the rest of the accessories in the shopping section to be available. i.e. armrest cover (would look great with CS autograph), license plate frame etc. What happened to the Shelby interior door handles?

Also, since all SGT's will be produced with the stock, modified grill support and SAI is putting effort into a redesigned bracket, when should we expect announcement of the "next" Shelby? :huh:

Thanks,

Lonny

Ben, It is very unfortunate, but your experience is not unusual. MANY,( did I capitolize that?) MANY dealerships are unaware of the whole process to make this a smooth deal. Heck, too many don't even know what the Shelby GT is.

LR, We are still looking into the arm rest cover and interior door handles. You guys will know when we do. All of the other stuff will drop as soon as we get it in. The grill frame has a design intended for our CS Grill.

Tex, I've got Shelby Razors in Anthracite wrapped in Vredesteins. The tires have a real agressive tread pattern. They are not directional, but the is an inside and outside side of the tire. I'll give you guys a full report once I have a few miles on them. So far, so good.

GTPA, MattChi got me covered on that last one. No rear mats. Yeah, I wish I had 'em too.

-John

John

Do you know what the performance differences are between:

1.) the Borla Exhaust System (Cat-Back) from Shelby Autos for the GT500

2.) 2005-07 MUSTANG GT EXHAUST KIT M-5230-5GT*

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7707

What are the differences between:

1.) Shelby Suspension Kit, GT500

2.) 2005-07 MUSTANG HANDLING PACK M-2005-FR3

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=8976

Also what kind of performance enahancement could I expect by upgrading to the 2007 SVT MUSTANG COBRA HI-FLOW SHORTY HEADERS from the stock GT500?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9556

Thanks

John

Do you know what the performance differences are between:

1.) the Borla Exhaust System (Cat-Back) from Shelby Autos for the GT500

2.) 2005-07 MUSTANG GT EXHAUST KIT M-5230-5GT*

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7707

What are the differences between:

1.) Shelby Suspension Kit, GT500

2.) 2005-07 MUSTANG HANDLING PACK M-2005-FR3

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=8976

Also what kind of performance enahancement could I expect by upgrading to the 2007 SVT MUSTANG COBRA HI-FLOW SHORTY HEADERS from the stock GT500?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9556

Thanks

Try calling ford racing or svt. They might have more handy info and arent busy trying to get our cars built. fordracing.com good luck

John, can you tell us all the details about your car? Can you also provide pictures? What is it, what options do you have? What would you have done differently (if anything). What your opinion of the various options available to us are?

Also, can we get pictures of the SGT with the Razors on them? I'd love to see what a black SGT with black, anthracite and silver wheels looks like. Similarly, the white car too for those guys.

Thanks

Adam

Guys, the Shelby GT and the GT500 are completely different animals altogether.

(I think you guys already know this though) ;)

The Borla System we use adds more form over function. Of course, opening up any exhaust to help the motor breath will increase ponies released too. Maybe 5 to 8 with the addition of the Borla? I can't say for sure without a Dyno sheet, but they sure sound sweet.

The exhaust we use on the SGT is a combination of a changed H to X pipe, FRPP mufflers and the CAI along with reflash. This bumps up the HP from approx 300HP to an EPA rated 319HP. Like stated above, the exhaust tone will increase with the break in.

On the suspension, the GT500 has an adjustable coil over set-up, the GT does not. With our upgraded suspension on the SGT, the front sway is adjustable, but not the rear springs like on the GT500.

The GT500 suspension can be used on the GT or SGT, but will make the front end sit 1/4 inch higher because this was designed for the 5.4 block, not the 4.6.

I dont think that the exhaust from the 5.4 will fit the 4.6, but I may be wrong. As far as performance gains from headers? Once again, no dyno sheets, but you all know that there will be noticable gains.

My car? Well. MMMMMM. She's no SGT. She's not even an 8. But gimme time fellas. You won't be laughing at this 6 once I'm done. Right now all she's got is suspension and tires and wheels. I'll post pics soon. I also mounted a set of black Razors on a Black SGT. HOLY FREAKIN COW!!! I didn't want to start a frenzy, so I didn't post the pics yet. Let me get a good ETA for the Black Razors and I'll toss you guys the bone. You're gonna love them.

-John

"I also mounted a set of black Razors on a Black SGT. HOLY FREAKIN COW!!! I didn't want to start a frenzy, so I didn't post the pics yet."

--------------------------------

Come on John......, you're in sales........, you can't pass that by us like that. :D

Guys, the Shelby GT and the GT500 are completely different animals altogether.

(I think you guys already know this though) ;) -John

Hey John

I am trying to compare the Ford Racing and Shelby Autos upgrades for the GT500 exhaust and handling packages. I know I am not liable to get an unbiased response, but I thought if you have any performance specs it might help in the decision making. A lot of people have gone with a Borla system for the GT500. What kind of lead time for Shelby Autos would be required to perform upgrades like this for an 07 GT500? I suppose I could visit a Shelby distributor for an install and not have to go all the way to Vegas either...

Thanks

Hey John

I am trying to compare the Ford Racing and Shelby Autos upgrades for the GT500 exhaust and handling packages. I know I am not liable to get an unbiased response, but I thought if you have any performance specs it might help in the decision making. A lot of people have gone with a Borla system for the GT500. What kind of lead time for Shelby Autos would be required to perform upgrades like this for an 07 GT500? I suppose I could visit a Shelby distributor for an install and not have to go all the way to Vegas either...

Thanks

Hi Lucky, I am not John, but stay tuned, we are doing upgrades for the gt500 and will announce something shortly with FFRP

Amy

Lucky, What Amy said covers ALOT. We are working with a ton of really new and cool upgrades for the 500. On the suspension. I have not experienced anything other than the Shelby/Eibach set-up. Body roll....gone. Wheels hop........what's that? I think we've got the best set-up for the 500. It's adjustable too!-

John

John

We discussed some time ago the option to add the driving light package to my vehicle. My car is now in route and is vin 1zvht82h375327529. You advised a cost of $380. Can you flag my car for this option. Also how do I go about paying for this as my dealer doesn't seem to know how to accomplish. Thanx Steve

John

We discussed some time ago the option to add the driving light package to my vehicle. My car is now in route and is vin 1zvht82h375327529. You advised a cost of $380. Can you flag my car for this option. Also how do I go about paying for this as my dealer doesn't seem to know how to accomplish. Thanx Steve

Steve,

You need to buy the car before SAI can do any mods. SAI will complete the normal conversion and send the SAI Shelby GT invoice to your dealer which along with the Ford invoice, you use as the basis to buy your car. Once you own the car SAI can begin the modifications you've requested. I would send an email to John directly and not rely on this forum to flag your car. John will guide you through the process.

John Walker <johnw@shelbyautos.com>

Lucky, What Amy said covers ALOT. We are working with a ton of really new and cool upgrades for the 500. On the suspension. I have not experienced anything other than the Shelby/Eibach set-up. Body roll....gone. Wheels hop........what's that? I think we've got the best set-up for the 500. It's adjustable too!-

John

Hi John

When do you expect the GT500 upgrades? How would installation of upgrades be performed? How would service appointments be obtained? Can other Shelby Parts Distributors, or authorized Ford Racing parts dealers perform GT500 upgrades?

Has Shelby Autos built any Shelby GT's for Western Slope Auto Company Ford in Grand Junction, Colorado? How does a Ford Dealer get allocation for the SGT? Their sales manager has told me they are still waiting since August 2006.

Thanks

Has Shelby Autos built any Shelby GT's for Western Slope Auto Company Ford in Grand Junction, Colorado? How does a Ford Dealer get allocation for the SGT? Their sales manager has told me they are still waiting since August 2006.

Question: How will the Shelby GT Mustang be allocated?

Answer - Allocation and Distribution

Allocation Method:

• One (1) unit allocated per interested Ford Division Car Dealership

• Remainder of production to be allocated based on Share of Nation – 2005/06 Mustang retail sales r

• The Regional Office will notify individual dealers when allocation is available for their store.

• Please note - individual dealer order questions should be directed to your Ford Division zone mg

Order books are closing in a month and time is running out! Your dealer needs to get on the phone or you need to find another dealer.

Lucky, Matt always gives great advice on this subject as he is usually spot-on.

With his recommendation, I was able to get my dealer (multiple Shelby's) to push the priority of my "allocated" car. My order started at priority 40 - when I pushed the matter, it got bumped to 20 and then 2. Days after it hit priority 2, I got a call and they gave me a VIN.

As Matt said, if they aren't truely allocated, then you may want to consider speaking with other dealers who are allocated one.

Good luck.

Guys,

This thread is for QUESTIONS for John only. If you know the answer to another's question feel free to lend some help, but other than that it is QUESTIONS only. Posts that arent questions or answers to questions will be deleted.

Thanks,

GTHERO

Archived