TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#661 Black Auto Shelby GT in need of more power kinda

BucksSGT661

I was wondering if anyone from SAI would be able to fill me in on what I would need to do to get the supercharger put on my black auto by them. I'm turning 21 at the end of this year and figured taking a week off from work and traveling up to las vegas with the car would be a good way to spend it however I do live in Virginia!!! trying to make sure I have the cash to purchase all the equipment needed as well as installation. I love howe it drives now just always pushing it to the limit. If some one from SAI could break dow the benefits and well whatever downsides there may be of me driving my car to vegas and getting the s/c put on let me know I geuss I would have to do it more in january cause my b-day is dec. 19th and surely wouldn't be able to get it done before christmas break. I heard the s/c would bump it up to 475 hp what would be the actual stats on hp and torque as a result of the s/c upgrade and what would be the cost to me. thxs

I was wondering if anyone from SAI would be able to fill me in on what I would need to do to get the supercharger put on my black auto by them. I'm turning 21 at the end of this year and figured taking a week off from work and traveling up to las vegas with the car would be a good way to spend it however I do live in Virginia!!! trying to make sure I have the cash to purchase all the equipment needed as well as installation. I love howe it drives now just always pushing it to the limit. If some one from SAI could break dow the benefits and well whatever downsides there may be of me driving my car to vegas and getting the s/c put on let me know I geuss I would have to do it more in january cause my b-day is dec. 19th and surely wouldn't be able to get it done before christmas break. I heard the s/c would bump it up to 475 hp what would be the actual stats on hp and torque as a result of the s/c upgrade and what would be the cost to me. thxs

The s/c is 4995 plus 1400 for installation. Thats what I am paying.

Buck

If SAI says it's okay, which I think they will, and if you can afford it, I would absolutely recommend it. It would also be an unforgettable and incredible adventure; especially for a 21 year old.

John Walker, SAI Director of Sales will likely offer input to this topic. He is the answer man and he’s awesome to work with too. He can even give you some great roads to travel.

Current S/C installed pricing is $6,200 unpolished or $6,400 polished. Gas/tolls round trip would probably be around $400-$500. You should be able to find a decent/cheap hotel and eat well for about another $400-$500 for the week.

Benefits - girls, faster car, girls, more unique car since not many have gotten the S/C, girls, bragging rights, girls, girls, girls, you own a Shelby, girls

Downside - I'm sure that a fellow contributor (Lucky) will have something negative to say.

Stats - you have it right (475 HP). I think there is info on the Paxton site like graphs and other.

More info: there are lots and lots of topics on this forum about the S/C (too many for some of us). Do a search or just keep reading through. You'll find lots of information, comments, facts, opinions and more.

LUCKY - with respect, we don't need your repeated comments here again since Buck will surely read them throughout this forum. If you can’t resist, please PM him instead.

did someone say girls? :blink:

This topic is about girls right?

:rolleyes:

To each their own if they want the S/C I am definitely getting mine with it. I love the car's style, handling and just felt it needed a little more power. The only thing I point out is if you get the S/C I would highly encourage you to look at upgrading the brakes as well. I love power...but I love stopping more.

:lol:

Being 21, having a Shelby and doing a road trip is something I would highly encourage. I never had the chance, at 21 I was in the Army and doing stuff with Somalia. :blink:

Good luck on whichever you choose!

This topic is about girls right?

:rolleyes:

To each their own if they want the S/C I am definitely getting mine with it. I love the car's style, handling and just felt it needed a little more power. The only thing I point out is if you get the S/C I would highly encourage you to look at upgrading the brakes as well. I love power...but I love stopping more.

:lol:

Being 21, having a Shelby and doing a road trip is something I would highly encourage. I never had the chance, at 21 I was in the Army and doing stuff with Somalia. :blink:

Good luck on whichever you choose!

Wow..........21, single and the proud owner of a Shelby! It doesn't get any better than that.

I'm 62 and ordered a white with auto...booooooooooooo.

Like I said, I'm 62...I've read it all..seen it all..and done it all............I just can't remember it all. :D

Wow..........21, single and the proud owner of a Shelby! It doesn't get any better than that.

I'm 62 and ordered a white with auto...booooooooooooo.

Like I said, I'm 62...I've read it all..seen it all..and done it all............I just can't remember it all. :D

Did you ask your local Ford dealer to honor your AARP Card for a discount. It's really nice in your older more stable years to enjoy the finer things in life.

Did someone mention girls??????

:D :D :D :D :D

Just my thoughts.......

GG

I definetly understand where you are coming from Buck, I am in Virgnia as well and I am 28 getting ready to turn 29 and I bought my White Shelby GT last week, call it an early birthday present. It is a wonderful car. As a matter of fact last night I was thnking about joining SAAC.

Good luck Buck.

Buck

If SAI says it's okay, which I think they will, and if you can afford it, I would absolutely recommend it. It would also be an unforgettable and incredible adventure; especially for a 21 year old.

John Walker, SAI Director of Sales will likely offer input to this topic. He is the answer man and he’s awesome to work with too. He can even give you some great roads to travel.

Current S/C installed pricing is $6,200 unpolished or $6,400 polished. Gas/tolls round trip would probably be around $400-$500. You should be able to find a decent/cheap hotel and eat well for about another $400-$500 for the week.

Benefits - girls, faster car, girls, more unique car since not many have gotten the S/C, girls, bragging rights, girls, girls, girls, you own a Shelby, girls

Downside - I'm sure that a fellow contributor (Lucky) will have something negative to say.

Stats - you have it right (475 HP). I think there is info on the Paxton site like graphs and other.

More info: there are lots and lots of topics on this forum about the S/C (too many for some of us). Do a search or just keep reading through. You'll find lots of information, comments, facts, opinions and more.

LUCKY - with respect, we don't need your repeated comments here again since Buck will surely read them throughout this forum. If you can’t resist, please PM him instead.

Wow aodwyer makes driving 6,000+ miles like the most fun ever. Too bad the reality is not exactly that way. Like the reality of losing your Ford engine warranty by installing a supercharger on a Shelby GT is. It is a risk, but I am sure it will supply the instant gratification you need. ;) Blow the doors off a new Corvette for us.

So Buck if you really do score some Girls Girls Girls like the Elvis movie described by aodwyer use protection an avoid syphilis syphilis syphilis. :lol:

I ordered a Mustang from the factory when I was 20. Twenty years old, driving a muscle car = big time fun. There was nothing better than driving that speeding ticket magnet off the car lot. Taking a course at a performance driving school is good to do also especially at that age. I finally sold it to the county sheriff. I wonder how many tickets he got?

Buck, don't listen to these guys, they don't have a clue or can't remember one or both, stay in VEGAS

for 400 to 500 bucks and being 21 years old ? c'mon guys you just mentioned the most expenisve thing

there is on earth GIRLS!!! :D ;) at least take 1000.00 because, you will see and meet GIRLS!!! and the

drinks are not cheap at the hip clubs, I know blew about 300.00 one night, I think?? can't remember either

Road Trip ,Vegas, great car, pocket full of cash, and of course GIRLS!!! not a bad way to live life being 21

congats on the car

Archived