TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease law suit

34z28

My dealer contacted Ford Credit to get the information on turning in my PL car. They claim there is a 90 day window, so unless you have made at least 27 payments, you would have to pay the difference. Since I made 24, I would have to pay an additional $1,800 to terminate the lease. In ALL my orginal paperwork, it says that the lease expires as soon as the new car arrives. I am glad my dealer just wants to buy the car and saved me the hassle of fighting with Ford Credit. Amazing what a joke this PL became. My car still hasn't arrived!! But at least to day it was upgraded from "Produced - ETA 7/21" to "Released - ETA 8-7"! The only good thing that came of the PL...and it is a really good thing...was that I am only paying $1,000 over invoice.

Does it say your lease terminates with delivery of your new cobra in the lease agreement or in advertising materials that you read about it? Its whats in the lease agreement that you and Ford Credit agreed to. Marketing plans and build dates and even car lines change but a contract is a contract. What does the contract say? Did Ford Credit actually decline to perform under the terms of the lease? If so, its pretty black and white that you do not owe them any more money. Let them sue you for it. The purchase of the Shelby is a completely different transaction.

I and many others wish we were in your shoes. Many of us bought SVT products and do not have the 'head of line' privledges you do. Most of us don't even get a fair shake in the production sequence. Count your blessings.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it say your lease terminates with delivery of your new cobra in the lease agreement or in advertising materials that you read about it? Its whats in the lease agreement that you and Ford Credit agreed to. Marketing plans and build dates and even car lines change but a contract is a contract. What does the contract say? Did Ford Credit actually decline to perform under the terms of the lease? If so, its pretty black and white that you do not owe them any more money. Let them sue you for it. The purchase of the Shelby is a completely different transaction.

I and many others wish we were in your shoes. Many of us bought SVT products and do not have the 'head of line' privledges you do. Most of us don't even get a fair shake in the production sequence. Count your blessings.

The original paperword says nothing regarding a 90 day window. In fact the only information is in all the brochures and advertising...all saying "the lease ends as soon as the new car arrives". Rather than waste my time fighting Ford Credit, my dealer has offerred to buy my '04 for $26,000. This saves me the bother....I am glad I took excellent care of the car and only drove it 15,500 miles!! As for the Shelby, the powerlease allowed me to negotiate my deal at $1,000 over invoice, so I am getting a great deal and hopefully will see the car within 2 weeks. It just got released yesterday for stripes and has an eta 8/7

Unfortunately by definition all PL people are a victims. The difference is between those who are willing to fight for their rights and those who are not.

The Q&A in the PL brochure addresses the late and early issues of a PL. But then again it also said PL holders would get cars 1-xxx and many other empty promises.

You should take time to enjoy your moment but it is a shame that you are in a forum discussing this and not out driving and polishing what should have been delivered already.

Noun

victim (plural victims)

Singular

victim

Plural

victims

(original sense) A living creature which is slain and offered as human or animal sacrifice, usually in a religious rite; by extension, the transfigurated body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist.

Anyone who is physically harmed by another.

An aggrieved or disadvantaged party in a crime (e.g. swindle.)

A person who suffers any other injury, loss, or damage as a result of a voluntary undertaking.

An unfortunate person who suffers from a disaster or other adverse circumstance

Noun

rights

Plural of noun right; things one is legally entitled to do.

Unfortunately by definition all PL people are a victims. The difference is between those who are willing to fight for their rights and those who are not.

The Q&A in the PL brochure addresses the late and early issues of a PL. But then again it also said PL holders would get cars 1-xxx and many other empty promises.

You should take time to enjoy your moment but it is a shame that you are in a forum discussing this and not out driving and polishing what should have been delivered already.

Noun

victim (plural victims)

Singular

victim

Plural

victims

(original sense) A living creature which is slain and offered as human or animal sacrifice, usually in a religious rite; by extension, the transfigurated body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist.

Anyone who is physically harmed by another.

An aggrieved or disadvantaged party in a crime (e.g. swindle.)

A person who suffers any other injury, loss, or damage as a result of a voluntary undertaking.

An unfortunate person who suffers from a disaster or other adverse circumstance

Noun

rights

Plural of noun right; things one is legally entitled to do.

Ethically you are correct...I, along with all other PL holders are victims of a scam to lease an '04 car with a promise to recieve the next generation before all others. It's a shame, but such is life. I have thouroughly enjoyed my Terminator Cobra, and intend to also enjoy it's replacement. In the big picture of things, I will be getting my new Shelby soon and intend to enjoy it. There are much more important things in life to worry about....and getting the first or second T88 off the line is just not high enough on my list to be concerned about.

Life is so short, don't let something as silly as getting a first off the line car ruin your day. Just be happy you can wake up one morning and find a nice shiny Shelby in your garage. It's more than a lot of others can even dream of. Hopefully all this hype and ADM will end soon, so that everyone that wants one can go to their local Ford dealer and buy one for sticker. This car is only a Mustang - granted the king of all new age Mustangs....and it should be available to everyone that loves it....not just PL holders or the rich.

It is thinking like this that makes the World sick.

Just get over it, who cares, so what...These are not words I live by. You may but, I do not. I try and always change things for the better. If I can do 1 thing to make things right then I have done something at least. I have done lots of 1 things in my Life so far and I will continue to do so as long as I can.

Just cause you don't care and are happy with less then what was promised shouldn't mean you knock on others who have some honor to them and believe in what is right.

Like I said earlier, if we did something to break the contract they would have their lawyers all over us.

+1 34z28 and Ken -

What's getting lost in the shuffle now that some folks are getting their cars is that for a long time it was not clear we would get ANY of the PL promises kept. From where we sit now, there is more information than we had for years - literally two or more. Some can get over that more easily than others. It would have taken very little for Ford to do the right thing at the time and head off all this ill will.

Even though I'm one of the lucky few to this point that has a car, as recently as May there were still real questions about whether Ford would honor the PL allocation to individuals. I wondered more than once if I had killed any chance at a car by waiting after the Order Banks opened until we got the Option letter promised almost two years before. If we'd just gotten that PL letter from Ford ONLY one and a half years late, there would have been time to line up at the dealer's door the day the Order Bank opened making the 'first in line' promise a moot point. That's not something any of us screwed up, Ford did.

I wrote a letter to Ford (himself, as the ads say) a couple of weeks ago, and they've acknowledged receiving it and forwarding it to the 'appropriate' organization for response. (The upfitters doing the stripes? After they clear their backlog?) I'll wait for that response to determine what I, personally, will do next. I'll share what I hear. But a deal is a deal. Y'all know what would have happened if any of us had changed the terms of the lease unilaterally on our own.

It is thinking like this that makes the World sick.

Just get over it, who cares, so what...These are not words I live by. You may but, I do not. I try and always change things for the better. If I can do 1 thing to make things right then I have done something at least. I have done lots of 1 things in my Life so far and I will continue to do so as long as I can.

Just cause you don't care and are happy with less then what was promised shouldn't mean you knock on others who have some honor to them and believe in what is right.

Like I said earlier, if we did something to break the contract they would have their lawyers all over us.

OK.....has anyone actually started a lawsuit. I was against it till today. My car was supposed to be shipped last week with an ETA of the 7th.....NOW, customer service is saying the car never shipped, has a new ship date of the 9th. This means yet another $600 payment on the '04 which my dealer wants to buy. So much for getting one of the first Shelbys! Most of the ones out now are not Powerlease...in fact dealers are receiving theirs and Ebaying them. I am really starting to feel like Ford has really taken advantage. I had a '03 Cobra - paid for, and was convinced to do a PL on the '04....which as we have all started to see was a big lie.

Archived