TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking For Amy B.

GT500SC07

Hi Amy,

I am hoping you find the time to read this forum. I noticed in some other forum you mentioned you were going to Detroit and might have the time to investigate the wheel hop issue many of us have experienced. I was wondering if you had any success finding out the reason for our hop issue and had any solutions from Ford? I appreciate any information you can supply us.

Hope you're enjoying your GO. :D :D :D

GT500SC

Hi Amy,

I am hoping you find the time to read this forum. I noticed in some other forum you mentioned you were going to Detroit and might have the time to investigate the wheel hop issue many of us have experienced. I was wondering if you had any success finding out the reason for our hop issue and had any solutions from Ford? I appreciate any information you can supply us.

Hope you're enjoying your GO. :D :D :D

GT500SC

Can you describe the wheel hop problem?

Thanks

Can you describe the wheel hop problem?

Thanks

there is a replacement part for this issue, also, lower profile wheels, Coil over system, all reduce it as well

Amy

there is a replacement part for this issue, also, lower profile wheels, Coil over system, all reduce it as well

Amy

Thanks for getting back to me, is it possible to share what part you referred to for fixing the problem other than the coil over and lower profile tires?

Thanks

You really need to replace the control arms with aftermarket units to control the wheel hop. The Ford arms are just not up to controlling the horsepower these cars make. For that matter, the stock Mustang GT cars with a five speed will wheel hop with the best of them.

We have found that aftermarket control arms from Metco, Steeda, and BMR will solve this problem easily. These arms are billet aluminum and feature stiffer bushings in each end.

Thanks for getting back to me, is it possible to share what part you referred to for fixing the problem other than the coil over and lower profile tires?

Thanks

Here's a link to the install procedure for the LCAs on Stangs Unleashed:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6729

Both Upper control arm and lower control arms should be replaced tho either will help. Don't get racing joints (Heims/ball) on them -- get the high-durometer poly bushings. The BMR, Steeda, Fiore all work well.

If you do a search on stangs unleashed you'll find sources. Also, after you click the link above, look on the right side of the screen for Evolution Performance suspension kit and click that link. It also includes chasis stiffeners and upgraded panhard bar and stabilizer, all of which you may not be interested in, but you'll see the range of parts available. Fred at Evolution Performance will sell you the LCA/UCA pieces separately, i believe, too.

Good luck!

-Dan

• 2 months later...

Thanks

I am trying to gather info to upgrade my Shelby and was wondering if you have repaired yours and if so what have you done? Problem I have run into with reading all the threads is there are so many different items, different vendors, and everyone seems to be upgrading for their wheel hop, but also modifying their Shelby's for a lower appearance, more hp, etc. What I want to do is keep mine as original as possible, but repair the wheel hop. I don't want to start replacing parts and sinking needless money and create new problems either as I have read in other posts with vibrations.

Any advice would be great from anyone that may be in my shoes.

I am trying to gather info to upgrade my Shelby and was wondering if you have repaired yours and if so what have you done? Problem I have run into with reading all the threads is there are so many different items, different vendors, and everyone seems to be upgrading for their wheel hop, but also modifying their Shelby's for a lower appearance, more hp, etc. What I want to do is keep mine as original as possible, but repair the wheel hop. I don't want to start replacing parts and sinking needless money and create new problems either as I have read in other posts with vibrations.

Any advice would be great from anyone that may be in my shoes.

Brianspony, I've got exactly the same issue, plus, I'm going to get the 40th with the SS performance upgrades. Will the SAI mods take care of the wheelhop problem, which in my case is just horrible. This is the only issue on the car that is a complete disappointment. If SAI doesn't fix the problem, then I want to get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Archived