TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Stripe Question

bigrichstang

Hello,

I was wondering when/if shelby will offer the silver stripes for sale. Where does shelby get the silver tape stripes?. Also is shelby going to offer the Hood scoop off the Shelby GT. How about the hoodpins?

If anyone knows any information at all please let me know.

-Regards

Hello,

I was wondering when/if shelby will offer the silver stripes for sale. Where does shelby get the silver tape stripes?. Also is shelby going to offer the Hood scoop off the Shelby GT. How about the hoodpins?

-Regards

Shelby does not want their new cars cloned so they have maintained tight control on the stripes and stripe information. Hood pins are available here: http://www.shelbyautos.com/MustangParts3.asp

anyone else know of any company that offers stripes in that width, and silver color?

Shelby does not want their new cars cloned so they have maintained tight control on the stripes and stripe information. Hood pins are available here: http://www.shelbyautos.com/MustangParts3.asp

Really?, Would you mind telling me how you heard this?

As Paleoc mentioned, SAI is keeping strict rules on the stripes. Although you can get them, unless Shelby installs them, it's not the same. There is another thread about that on this forum and I think the guy at Shelby who manages the stripes chimed in and discussed it. Try doing a search on this forum for stripes and you'll see the thread.

Hello,

-Regards

Hi all,

As far as the stripe being offered, the top stripes may be offered at a later time. But, the side stripes with the "SHELBY GT" will not be offered or sold. Also, the hood scoop will not be offered for sale either. As as a side note, the hood scoop was molded after an actual Cobra hood scoop. A little tweak here and there, and we have a SGT hood scoop.

The hood pin set is available on our web site. If you purchase a set, I will email you back the instructions on how to install them and also pictures on how to modify the top radiator cover with measurements. The set includes two hood pins, 2 retainers, 2 trim plates, 2 cable lanyards, and 2 pin brackets.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me anytime!!!!! :D

Thank you,

Bud

Budm@shelbyautos.com

Hi all,

As far as the stripe being offered, the top stripes may be offered at a later time. But, the side stripes with the "SHELBY GT" will not be offered or sold. Also, the hood scoop will not be offered for sale either. As as a side note, the hood scoop was molded after an actual Cobra hood scoop. A little tweak here and there, and we have a SGT hood scoop.

The hood pin set is available on our web site. If you purchase a set, I will email you back the instructions on how to install them and also pictures on how to modify the top radiator cover with measurements. The set includes two hood pins, 2 retainers, 2 trim plates, 2 calbe lanyards, and 2 pin brackets.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me anytime!!!!! :D

Thank you,

Bud

Budm@shelbyautos.com

Bud,

Thank you for responding!!, Any idea when the stripes will be available? Thanks!!

-Regards

Archived