TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT or Roush 427R??

cougardude

My Shelby GT will be arriving within the next couple weeks, and at the same time this is arriving my car dealer has a Roush 427R arriving at the same time.... he is trying to pin 10k over MSRP on the Shelby GT, but, he says he says can get me a better deal on this 427R, and if you don't know the specs on the 427R, check them out and let me know what you would do....im broken right now over this decision...HELP ME! :unsure:

Tell him good luck on the $10K and take your business elsewhere, you can get one on ebay for less than $5K over list.. and if you are persistent, there are MSRP dealers out there with cars en route.

He will never see that ADM and you can show him the posted Ebay stats if he thinks otherwise..

Get what you want, if both cars were the same price what would you rather have??

Clowns like this are what give car salesmen that "stigma"

where are you located?

My Shelby GT will be arriving within the next couple weeks, and at the same time this is arriving my car dealer has a Roush 427R arriving at the same time.... he is trying to pin 10k over MSRP on the Shelby GT, but, he says he says can get me a better deal on this 427R, and if you don't know the specs on the 427R, check them out and let me know what you would do....im broken right now over this decision...HELP ME! :unsure:

Agree with the above. I'd rather have a Shelby over a Roush any day.

Agree with the above. I'd rather have a Shelby over a Roush any day.

You can not even compare a SGT to a Stage 3 or 427R Roush. Strictly speaking performance, the Roush wins hands down with 100+ HP. Now don't go ballistic on me, just here me out. In order to get the performance from the SGT you have to get the S/C. In another post we already talked about how that adding the S/C to a Shelby may void the warranty, whereas every ebay post you see on a Roush states that the full factory warrany remains in effect. What needs to happen is for SAI and Ford to come to an agreement on using the Paxton (or some other S/C) so that you can compare apples to apples in horsepower and overall performance. I do believe that currently an SGT would stack up very well against a Stage 2 Roush.

You can not even compare a SGT to a Stage 3 or 427R Roush. Strictly speaking performance, the Roush wins hands down with 100+ HP. Now don't go ballistic on me, just here me out. In order to get the performance from the SGT you have to get the S/C. In another post we already talked about how that adding the S/C to a Shelby may void the warranty, whereas every ebay post you see on a Roush states that the full factory warrany remains in effect. What needs to happen is for SAI and Ford to come to an agreement on using the Paxton (or some other S/C) so that you can compare apples to apples in horsepower and overall performance. I do believe that currently an SGT would stack up very well against a Stage 2 Roush.

No question on the horsepower! My thinking was that anyone buying the SGT for HP is already buying the wrong car. IMHO!

Tell him good luck on the $10K and take your business elsewhere, you can get one on ebay for less than $5K over list.. and if you are persistent, there are MSRP dealers out there with cars en route.

He will never see that ADM and you can show him the posted Ebay stats if he thinks otherwise..

Get what you want, if both cars were the same price what would you rather have??

Clowns like this are what give car salesmen that "stigma"

where are you located?

Indiana

No question on the horsepower! My thinking was that anyone buying the SGT for HP is already buying the wrong car. IMHO!

I guess what I'm getting at is this. There is no equal, in my mind, to the GT500. And as I said, the SGT is every bit as good as the Roush Stage 2. I think what SAI needs to look at is something to compare with the 427R's and Stage 3. Something in the 400+HP range that is factory and dealership warranted.

:) Value is in a shelby. Roush doesnt have @$%t on a shelby. Everyone around here has a roush mustang. But everyone gets excited over a shelby when they see one. Its a legend!!!!

Nostalgic and sentimental value without question. Look at my posts, I am talking about performance and warranty. All I am saying is there is a gap in the 400HP area that maybe SAI and Ford should look at.

I know the shelby has more of a sentimental value and this is why it's such a hard decision...if i were going for performance... hands down i would take the 427R, but its just the fact that i have been waiting on this car for so long and i want to say, I DRIVE A SHELBY!!

I already drive an 04' Roush, but it's kinda like the SGT of Roush.... it's only a little performance and a little cosmetic....but i wanted it becuz it said ROUSH on it!

I guess all i can do is wait until they both arrive and decide when they are both sitting in front of me!!! ( and ofcourse test drive both lol) :D

GT350?

The SAI silence is scary!

My thoughts exactly!!! Man, Iam in the same boat as sgtbound. I want the Shelby bad. Not gonna pay the premium for the GT500. But it is hard to pass up 100+HP (and warranty) for roughly the same or less money for the 427R or Stage 3. Believe me if SAI had an equal version I would'nt even look anywhere else.

My thoughts exactly!!! Man, Iam in the same boat as sgtbound. I want the Shelby bad. Not gonna pay the premium for the GT500. But it is hard to pass up 100+HP (and warranty) for roughly the same or less money for the 427R or Stage 3. Believe me if SAI had an equal version I would'nt even look anywhere else.

66FB2+2 - looking right now on how to get the additional 31 ponies out of my SGT to bring it up to 350. There has to be a relativity easy way to do this. I asked SAI about what they could do, they stated due to contractual arrangements with Ford there was nothing they could do. However, once the cat is mine all things are open.

But like every one else, I want this car just because; look at MT review of the 2007 SGT in this months edition. Very good review – gor256

PS – like other posts the if you want HP the SGT is not it, there are other ways to go, but it will cost $$$$

I'd have to say that if you want something to be proud of buy the Shelby have the S/C put on it and you'll have not just a high end mustang but a piece of mustang history. You already have a roush if I read correctly so go all out get the Shelby however go to another dealer msrp or less these Ford dealers have their heads where the sun don't shine all day long and 10,000 over is worthless give them I price you feel is right and if they can't match it tell them good luck and if they find they can work out a lower price to give you a call. I did this and within 4 hours the price went from 10 over to alright talked to owner of dealership he said he'd sell for msrp. Good luck hope you go with the Shelby GT Cause I love mine and I believe you'll love yours too

Agreed, there is not comparison. Roush is high on performance. If you want that performance, then it's the GT500. The Shelby GT is a perfectly balanced road car. Some performance, better handling, larger rear gears, lowered, handling, etc. It for a more balanced and road ride.

THE shelby Gt with the SC, is a beast, that handles great.

Amy

Agreed, there is not comparison. Roush is high on performance. If you want that performance, then it's the GT500. The Shelby GT is a perfectly balanced road car. Some performance, better handling, larger rear gears, lowered, handling, etc. It for a more balanced and road ride.

Amy

Amy, thank you for chiming in on this. There is a similar thread running in this forum where you stated that SAI and Paxton do warrant the S/C. If there was a warranty issue with the S/C, would the car have to be sent back to SAI (or Paxton), or would a local dealer take care of it? How about other engine issues?

<_< I am very confused... Shelby Autos will install a Ford factory warranted supercharger on a Shelby GT now?? I was at Shelby Autos Factory in Vegas in early February and they were obviously behind in their production and the tour guide indicated that also. Either the tour guide was very careful not to divulge any sensitive information, or he was just plain ignorant? I am not sure why everyone is so cryptic and you can't get a reasonable question answered straight-up without a lot of bulls#$% nonsense. Example: If they can't answer the question they won't say, "I don't know?" Instead they pretend to know and give you information you know is incorrect. Is a Shelby/Ford warranty installed supercharger wishful thinking, or fact? And what is the process for getting a Shelby modified in such a way by Shelby Autos? :blink:

Lucky,

The supercharger itself has a warranty. However, if installed on your car and the supercharger CAUSES engine damage, Ford most likely will not fix your engine under warranty. If that is a concern check out the supercharger options from Ford Racing Performance Parts.

Below is a link with the answer on how to get a Shelby installed Paxton superchager:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=855

Lucky,

The supercharger itself has a warranty. However, if installed on your car and the supercharger CAUSES engine damage, Ford most likely will not fix your engine under warranty. If that is a concern check out the supercharger options from Ford Racing Performance Parts.

Below is a link with the answer on how to get a Shelby installed Paxton superchager:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=855

;) Many thanks for the information JAFO. I looked in the Ford Performance Parts catalog and it states: installation of supercharger kits "will void your new Ford vehicle engine warranty". Probably not smart to do that! To me that is not an option. Anyway to keep the Shelby stock maintains its value. When you trick it all out it makes it into a custom vehicle which usually brings the future value down. Makes it into kind of a customized kit car hybrid it was never meant to be.

Now I am wondering if my warranty is voided if I install a Ford Mustang Exhaust Kit and Ford Handling Pack on my 2007 GT500??? You raise some other questions also.

1.) Does Shelby Autos warrantee the Mustang engine after they install a supercharger?? I wouldn't think so? Seems like they would be opening themselves up to a host of problems? I think it would be better business practices for Shelby to clearly state whether they warrantee the Ford Mustang Shelby GT engine if they are installing superchargers now.

2.) Has there been a dyno done on a Shelby GT with a supercharger?

3.) If so what are the rear wheel horsepower and torque numbers on a Shelby GT w/ a supercharger?

4.) I believe there are authorized Ford Performance Parts Ford Dealers who can install these parts? I believe Harrold Ford in Sacramento is one of them? But I am not sure which parts if any would be continued to be covered under the original Ford warranty?

5.) Does that $500 cover all labor, equipment and materials for the supercharger installation from Shelby Autos?

It is smart to know the rules before you play the game. ;)

Shelby Autos also has the 2007 GT500 anniversary kit. How does that affect the Ford warranty? The additional pimped-out cobra 40th anniversary badging crap is nauseating to anyone with traditional taste. And please stop with the giant ugly black riveted wheels! Next they will have a giant cobra decal for the hood like some kind of 1977 TransAm? But this is a whole other subject.

Want to make the Shelby Mustang better? Start with improving the underpinning! The new Cameros are already more cutting edge in that department. Let's face it these cars look retro, but they perform better than the originals and that is what is important and that is what everyone wants.

I can't speak to the GT500 questions. I can't afford both and have only made inquiries into the Shelby GT. Let me try to answer some of the Shelby GT questions.

As far as I understand Shelby doen't warranty the engine if you install the supercharger. The way it's set up is that Ford warrantys the Ford parts and Shelby warrantys the Shelby parts. The concern with the Shelby superchager is if you have an engine problem the tech may say the supercharger caused it and you would be at a loss. That is the big advantage of the Roush 427 and Whipple from Ford Racing.

I haven't seen rear wheel HP or torque. SAI is reporting 470-475 Hp for the engine.

The $500, I wrote about is just the charge for the Museum pick up or private delivery. The polished supercharger is $4995 and people have been qouted $1200-1400 for installation. I don't believe any supercharged cars have been built yet.

.....my two cents about the actual thread topic.......supercharged Shelby over the Roush 427. Even if it cost me more, it is still a Shelby. You don't see people paying $600,000 for 2007 Roush mustangs. At the last Barret Jackson, there was Roush Black Jack. Very good looking car. I even think it was Mr. Roush's car. It didn't go for very much.

<<<<<Runs a regular GT with a Roushcharger.

Ask yourself what you want in the longrun, Performance, Nostalgia, or both?

Nostalgia: Wins out hands down everytime. IMO the SGT has more "personel" value then even the GT500 as it is built by SAI at SAI unless of course you are a Nascar nut for years and have woreshiped Roush. Also the SGT in years down the road will more then likely be more Nostalgic then the 427R but you never know.

Performance: If both cars came in at the same time and you test drove both you would more then likely walk away with the 427R. My 06 GT was the only 5spd left in South Florida when I did the dealer searchfor one. Only hitch when we found it was it had the SC on it already. I went to the dealer and drove it and that was it..no waiting for the 07's! The power was addicting (fastest car I personally ever drove and made my 04 GT feel like a go-kart). I am now building it into a CS8 as my own Shelby tribute.

With that being said. The SGT has a little bit more HP over stock as a fully warrantied car. Is the Roush faster? Yup. "Can" the SGT be made as fast or even faster? Absolutely!

Both Performace and Nostalgia: From the sounds of it you have been waiting a long time and want the SGT badly. If the performance of the Roush is what you are interested in I personally would try to exercise a little paitence, go with the SGT and add all the performance you want after your warranty is up and the car is not your everyday driver (assuming you are keeping this car for a very long time).

<_< I am very confused... Shelby Autos will install a Ford factory warranted supercharger on a Shelby GT now?? I was at Shelby Autos Factory in Vegas in early February and they were obviously behind in their production and the tour guide indicated that also. Either the tour guide was very careful not to divulge any sensitive information, or he was just plain ignorant? I am not sure why everyone is so cryptic and you can't get a reasonable question answered straight-up without a lot of bulls#$% nonsense. Example: If they can't answer the question they won't say, "I don't know?" Instead they pretend to know and give you information you know is incorrect. Is a Shelby/Ford warranty installed supercharger wishful thinking, or fact? And what is the process for getting a Shelby modified in such a way by Shelby Autos? :blink:

Lucky, First if you are going tio accuse us of something get your facts straight. We dont install Ford supperchargers, we install paxton SC, Paxton was the company that did the SC 40 years ago for Carroll, so we use them. We might in the future do FFRP SC, but right now the only one we offer is Paxton. Paxton warrent the SC. Whereever you live if there is an issue they will warrent it. We will handle it with them as well. Nothing cryptic about it.

We are not behind, due to anything more then deliveries of the first 800 cars were late.

Amy

Amy

SAI- Amy, a question, why did not SAI and Ford work on an agreement for the S/C as an option with complete Ford warranty as in the GT-500? If this was a complete approved Ford option, I am sure everyone in the forum would be adding the S/C to their SGT. I would have in a heart beat, it was the back door conversations between my dealership and SAI that told me there could be a warranty issue if there was an engine failure or performance problem with the S/C installed – gor256

Amy,

I don't think the concern is if the supercharger has a warranty. Of course it does just like every other automotive part. I think what people are concerned about is does the engine remain under warranty when the supercharger is installed or causes damage to the motor. I know you have answered this before but maybe some need to here it again. Does the engine retain the warranty if you install the supercharger? What happens if an engine quits with a Shelby/Paxton supercharger?

Personally, I am just going to be careful and hope to be lucky. I want the supercharger either way. Bring on the GT500s, Roush and Saleens...... :P

Archived