TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vin tracker.........how accurate

timmyer

when was the car built at FORD? did your dealer give you a build date?

if your build date was AFTER Jan 29th than you can bet your car is still en route to SAI...not the dealer

Reason being that mine was built on the 29th and its still en route. I have confirmed this by calling John Walker, the director of sales at SAI. He is a super cool guy and he double checked for me, it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the car to reach SAI.

At times they have to sit in holding areas, my belief is that they(SAI) dont want more than 500 cars on the lot at any given time..i guess a two week supply....

when was the car built at FORD? did your dealer give you a build date?

if your build date was AFTER Jan 29th than you can bet your car is still en route to SAI...not the dealer

Reason being that mine was built on the 29th and its still en route. I have confirmed this by calling John Walker, the director of sales at SAI. He is a super cool guy and he double checked for me, it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the car to reach SAI.

At times they have to sit in holding areas, my belief is that they(SAI) dont want more than 500 cars on the lot at any given time..i guess a two week supply....

yeah, sounds about right!

Gentlemen,

I am sorry I do not agree. This vin tracking system does not work properly nor is it updated as it should be. Read around, there are plenty of complaints. In fact, most people waiting know this and do not even use it.

Gentlemen,

I am sorry I do not agree. This vin tracking system does not work properly nor is it updated as it should be. Read around, there are plenty of complaints. In fact, most people waiting know this and do not even use it.

I can't comment on the VIN tracker as my car was only built on 3/9 so I've yet to have the pleasure of that experience. I was only commenting on the time from Ford to SAI.

Matt,

Track through the vin system it takes for your car to be even recognized as in route to SAI and worse yet how long it will take. I would guess your car might, might arrive at SAI by Easter based on others experiences. When you start trying to find your SGT you will find it inaccurate and worthless. If I am wrong and your experience is better by all means let us know and I will stand corrected.

Matt,

Track through the vin system it takes for your car to be even recognized as in route to SAI and worse yet how long it will take. I would guess your car might, might arrive at SAI by Easter based on others experiences. When you start trying to find your SGT you will find it inaccurate and worthless. If I am wrong and your experience is better by all means let us know and I will stand corrected.

It seems to me that they just don't have time to update the vin tracker. I have been cruising the freeways in mine now for 2 weeks and it still says "arrived at Shelby"

mywickedshelby, my car was build a day before yours and it also says en route to shelby

i spoke with John Walker, at SAI...he said its still en route.. i am going crazy here, how can it take that long ....unnaceptable except we have no choice.

I think we will both have our cars first week in April, once it arrives its about 2-3 weeks until dealer arrival

I wouldn't count on the 2-3 weeks to complete once it arrives at SAI, according to the VIN tracker mine has been at SAI 3 weeks today. I sent John an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I've been told they ussually have about 900 cars on the lot at any given time and if they are completing 60 cars a day x 4 days thats 240 cars a week. So if thats true then you are looking at probably 4 weeks or more.

Yesterday we had 140,000 friends over for a little NASCAR event here in our back yard. Friday was 90,000 and Saturday was 105,000. That puts a strain on our parking situation but we're working through it. I enjoyed the festivities and all the racing action, but I'm glad it's over now. We continued production through all the difficulties anyway but now we can finally get back to normal.

I will look at the VIN tracker to make sure it's performing as expected and is providing accurate information for everyone.

Mywickedshelby, my birthday is also early april...(12th) so this will be a gift.. unfortunately as per Shelbydon, i probably wont see my car until mid april assuming it arrives this week.

What i find particularlry frustrating is that my car was built jan 29th and its STILL NOT AT SAI !!!!

i am assuming with the nascar event that they have had the shipments in a holding pattern or an off site location until the track parking condition improves.

i am now on my second month lease extension on my current car...and its looking like ill have to take a third...which pains me...

Does anyone have additional historical data on arrival to completion times??? (shelbydon, i have heard many people say theirs is at sai when in fact is was in production or completed and shipped - please let us all know what Jon says when he gets back to you.

Thanks Rich. It's nice to finally hear from someone at SAI. We would really appreciate the updates as the suspense is killing some of us. Also, the silence from SAI over the last week or so has all of us speculating lots of fiendish things going on behind the scenes.

Guys, here is something cool. Go to the following site: http://local.live.com/ and enter SAI's address in the top: 6755 Speedway Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89115. In the little legend on the upper left of the map, you'll see a little icon of some cartoon buildings. Click on that to see a real-life shot of the Shelby facility. Zoom out a little and you'll see the triangle shaped parking lot just a little south. From what I can tell looking at the SAI pics, that's where all the SGT's have been parked.

I only wish these satellite pics were taken daily. Then we could have SAI take some shoe polish and write our names on the roof of our cars. This would be a great tracker (lol).

I've been to the SAI facility over a year ago but I forgot exactly which entrance is theirs. Can someone shed some light? I thought it was the smallest building closest to all the cars, but when I zoom and spin (North, South, East and West in the legend) I can't tell.

Let me see if I can paint a picture. This past weeked the cars I saw were parkesd to the rear of SAI. When I put the address into your link it centers on the wrong location for SAI. If you can find the freeway (I15), go east and you will see the first street that goes south. On the west side of that street is a truck stop with a restaurant called the Iron Skillet, I believe. SAI is across the street from that. It is the first set of the three white buildings from the north. The entrance is the furthest north door and it has SHELBY over it. During the race weekend 80-100 cars were parked to the rear of those three connected buildings from the north end of the building down to about where the white tractor trailer is in the picture. There was also a red convertible GT500.

Most of the previous pictures I have seen of the cars awaiting conversion or delivery have been taken from cars parked in the large parking lot north of SAI. That is part of the parking for Las Vegas Motor Speedway. You can see the grandstands and track welcome center in the background of some of the pictures.

Lastly, I am going to try to find some of the old pictures because I remember the parking lot being paved. I don't believe that part of the track parking lot directly north of SAI is paved but there are lots closer to the track that are. Also, I have one picture I took from this weekend I will try to post it later.

It appears the tracker has been updated. 2 of my cars that showed arrived yesterday now show completed and shipped! Seems they skipped the production phase. As a reference for you other guys one arrived at Shelby 1/24 and the other 1/30. The first is already sold. The second, a white auto w/ 140A package is currently available. With the recent Motor Trend story I imagine demand will increase. If you can't find an MSRP deal somewhere PM me. ADM is 5k. (I had a dealer offer me 4K and turned him down) I have 2 others available, one at Shelby the other already built and in route. 1 black stick, 1 white stick, same deal. As someone else said, don't flame me, just doing my job. If nobody buys them prices will fall, but I really don't see that happening.

Anyone know how up to date the tracker really is. My dealer says my car is in transit FROM SAI to Atlanta. The tracker says it is in transit TO SAI.........

OK............so maybe my dealer doesn't have a clue. Today the Vin tracker changed for my SGT to "Arrived at SAI". Dealer still says any day now. Anyone heard how long it usually takes to get in and out of SAI.....

my car has been en route since 2-6...built on 1-29 thats five weeks....however the NASCAR event on the SAI lot sort of slowed that down...

I am hearing anywhere from 3-4 weeks to be at the dealer FROM arrival at SAI

if you go way back to the inital communication from ford, they stated 6-8 weeks from the gates at Flint to the dealer...depending on logistics - I have a message into SAI to confirm turnaround time from Arrival

I will of course post the response once i get it.

my car has been en route since 2-6...built on 1-29 thats five weeks....however the NASCAR event on the SAI lot sort of slowed that down...

I am hearing anywhere from 3-4 weeks to be at the dealer FROM arrival at SAI

if you go way back to the inital communication from ford, they stated 6-8 weeks from the gates at Flint to the dealer...depending on logistics - I have a message into SAI to confirm turnaround time from Arrival

I will of course post the response once i get it.

Well, we've got 1ZVHT82H975293595 on order. It showed arrived at Shelby on 2/10 by the VIN tracker (our Ford status reports showed it arrived on the 5th). I gave up and called on Tuesday and was told that they hadn't started on it yet. So for those whose cars have just arrived, you still have a long wait ahead. So I'd guess 8 weeks plus from arrived at Shelby to arrived at dealer.

Archived