TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversery Package

:D Dude you really want that sick 40th anniversary package installed on your GT500? :o Disturbing...

Ever thought about how that affects the Ford warranty? Besides the additional pimped-out cobra 40th anniversary badging crap is nauseating to anyone with traditional taste. And what about those giant ugly black bolted and riveted wheels! Next they will have a giant cobra decal for the hood like some kind of 1977 TransAm? :lol:

Want to make the Shelby Mustang better? Start with improving the underpinning! The new Cameros are already more cutting edge in that department. Let's face it these cars look retro and that is cool, but they perform better than the originals and that is what is important.

Lucky, you have made 9 posts all not the nicest, I suggest you tone it down or I will remove you

Amy

When.......will SA be taking deposits and scheduling our cars to install the 40th anniversery mods?

Next week. John will be calling all on the list!

Amy

When.......will SA be taking deposits and scheduling our cars to install the 40th anniversery mods?

I think the 40th anniversery mods are great. My son and I will be driving our car (red with white stripes) out from NJ to have the conversion done. Can't wait.

Lucky, you have made 9 posts all not the nicest, I suggest you tone it down or I will remove you

Amy

Next week. John will be calling all on the list!

Amy

Great news...but who is John ? My previous correspondence has been with Steve Navarro...anyway, glad to hear the program is getting underway. I'm thinking the 40th anniversery mods will be a nice addition and make my '07 a great bookend to my '67. Anyway, me thinks " Lucky" maybe has GT500 envy. :D

Great news...but who is John ? My previous correspondence has been with Steve Navarro...anyway, glad to hear the program is getting underway. I'm thinking the 40th anniversery mods will be a nice addition and make my '07 a great bookend to my '67. Anyway, me thinks " Lucky" maybe has GT500 envy. :D

Sorry to spoil your dream of superiority Tommy, but I have the GT500. I prefer the stock look to the pimped out 70's/80's type groovy, farout, psychedelic custom look. So you go ahead and pimp your ride and I will keep mine original and concentrate on the more significant performance upgrades. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Based on an email I received, anyone on the 2007 40th Anniversary list will contacted mid-April. It seems to me that there may be some additional "improvements" on the car. At $11,000 plus for the '07 40th Anniversary package, I would hope the HP increase due in the 2008 GT500KR (40HP) might find its way into the '07 40th Anniversary car instead the promised 20-25HP bump. I would like to see the rear end ratio on the 40th Anniversary car to change to 3.73 from the 3.31 is the stock 2007 GT500.

It would appear that the 2008 GT500KR will be a conversion of GT500s from regular production, not an addition 1000 cars being produced. The dealer body probably foresees the prices getting weaker with the "regular" GT500s and needed a way to jack up prices over MSRP with the GT500KR. How many years of 40th Anniversary cars will there be? The 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary of the first GT500. The 2008 GT500KR 40th Anniversary of the 1968 GT500KR.

Jim

I saw the 40th anniversary shelby gt500 at sema, and it was simply beautiful. If i was able to afford one, i guarentee you, i would not hesitate to put one in my garage.

Is the 40th anniversary package an option that you order, or an after market package?

• 1 month later...

When is the 40th Anniversery Package going to begin? Shelby in carhauler and ready to go. I haven't heard anything lately and I am curious.

The 40th Anniversary Package will probably begin when the Super Snake Package begins? My contact with Shelby Autos has told me pricing on the Super Snake is due to be made public in June and that package installations would begin three, or four months after that. Sounds like September at the earliest IF you are first in line. He also told me Super Snake Package turn-around would take about 7 days. I am sure these are all best case senario.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rachane

What effect, if any, will installation of this package have on Ford's original warranty and/or ESP for the GT500?

This is of particular interest to me because I would like to do the suspension lowering and the Borla exhaust at least, but making these modifications to an original car, even with Ford Racing Performance Parts and having the work done at a Ford dealership, technically voids the warranty at a local service manager's discretion (if he decides, for instance, that a particular powertrain problem could be related to a non-OEM exhaust, or that a suspension/axle/etc. issue could be the result of modifications in that area).

The question, then, is whether if these changes are done by Shelby at its factory, does it have a formal arrangement with Ford that preserves Ford's warranty/ESP? [if not, it would be nice if Shelby could arrange such an agreement.]

Archived