TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 found on Dealer floor

Just wanted to let anyone interest know that I have recently seen two GT500's on dealer floors. One is an orange convertible at Pride Ford in North Attleboro, MA and the other is a red with white stripes at Muzi Ford in Needham, MA.

• 2 weeks later...

There are GT500's on eBay selling mostly from Ford Dealers all over the country and have been for months. They usually sell for around $60K + tax & fees, but don't count on them being local. Delivery will run you up to $1,500+ for a transport on a 3,000 mile distance and it will be up to you to arrange for that. I got lucky (hence my handle ;) ) and found a dealer willing to sell at a reasonable price for an exact to spec order although this Ford dealer is out of state. The four, or five Ford dealers in my area preferred to sell their GT500 allocations to their buddies and/or relatives, if a buyer wasn't willing to pay $15K, or more over MSRP. The GT500 is +/-400 lbs heavier than a Shelby GT, but it is additionally reinforced to handle the beefed up power plant. Anyway after a few Ford, or Shelby racing parts are bolted-on it should be the king of the road bar none.

Check out these links:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/02B8BCC...8650024D103.htm

There are GT500's on eBay selling mostly from Ford Dealers all over the country and have been for months. They usually sell for around $60K + tax & fees, but don't count on them being local. Delivery will run you up to $1,500+ for a transport on a 3,000 mile distance and it will be up to you to arrange for that. I got lucky (hence my handle ;) ) and found a dealer willing to sell at a reasonable price for an exact to spec order although this Ford dealer is out of state. The four, or five Ford dealers in my area preferred to sell their GT500 allocations to their buddies and/or relatives, if a buyer wasn't willing to pay $15K, or more over MSRP. The GT500 is +/-400 lbs heavier than a Shelby GT, but it is additionally reinforced to handle the beefed up power plant. Anyway after a few Ford, or Shelby racing parts are bolted-on it should be the king of the road bar none.

Check out these links:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/02B8BCC...8650024D103.htm

sweet videos!!! nice cars

Just wanted to let anyone interest know that I have recently seen two GT500's on dealer floors. One is an orange convertible at Pride Ford in North Attleboro, MA and the other is a red with white stripes at Muzi Ford in Needham, MA.

Keystone ford Norwalk CA has Black Coup GT500, listing 40k over sticker but said internet pricing is 20k over! said they turned away offer at 15k over but who knows, the place was dead. My S-GT at sticker was only car they sold today

These mark ups are terrible.......I guess if people are willing to pay that, there isn't much that can be done.

The mach 1's went through the same thing. The mach 1 i own was selling for 5k oversticker.......when i got done haggling over the price, i got it at msrp. Now i couldn't sell it for what i probably owe on it.

GT500 prices are drooping quickly, one just sold on ebay for $53750, new car, from dealer. Very few, if any, are going for more than 10K over. I would think that as soon as the 08s are announced, the 07 prices will take a bit hit. I'm waiting it out, will NEVER pay over sticker. That 10K over sticker car will not be worth a penny more than the stickered one down the line.

Just did a search on ebay. Right now there are over 50 GT500's listed. This is way up from just a few weeks ago. I think some are getting worried that when the 08 KR (or whatever else) gets unveiled, the demand for the 07 500's is going to drop. CS is supposed to unveil a new car on Barrett-Jackson tonite. Can't wait to see.

Archived