TEAM SHELBY FORUM

10k over MSRP??

cougardude

Some of us have recently purchased/ordered ours at MSRP. Shop around. In another post, I suggested to do a Google search for "Ford Dealer Zipcode" where "zipcode" is your home zip. From the list you get, start calling the Ford dealers in the area until you get one that is willing to sell to you at MSRP. I asked for the sales manager each time.

Recently, on one of the other topics titled "How Long???," MATTCHICAGO suggested to be sure that the dealer will be "allocated" a or another Shelby GT. Great advise! Since reading that, I've been a little concerned about my order. Today, the sales manager assured me that my order has moved to priority code 2 which I hope means that my order will turn serialized soon (and a VIN), maybe even tomorrow.

After you order, be sure to get a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet which is a printout from the order the dealer creates. On it, you'll see the dealer code in the upper right corner. It is a 6 digit code but you only need the 5 numbers. You'll also need the order number at the top left and then the car code (for mine it was the GT Coupe Premium code T82). Armed with this info, call the Ford Vehicle Order Processing Center (VOPC) at 800-962-3746. If you end up speaking with the analyst, you need to use your salesman's name and not yours. I got this info from another forum.

Hope this helps.

My dealer was trying to tell me that these were going for 10k over msrp.....is this right???

Sure there are some but many, like me, bought at MSRP. I would refer your dealer to ebay where the majority of cars do not sell with these kinds of ADM and often go for far less or fail to sell at all. I would call call around and start to look in ebay yourself! I make it a habit of watching all the SGTs and keeping tabs. With the model year closing soon time is a two edged sword. You don't have much time to find a dealer willing to sell for the price you want to buy but your dealer may get another allocation while they still have a car sitting in the show room and no buyer in sight.

You can use ebay to haggle with your dealer if needed given many cars are going for 2-5K over MSRP not the 10K they think they are. Remind the dealer that this car is not a GT500 and has only 19 HP more than the regular GT and some stickers over a CS edition. You might get lucky!

Recently, on one of the other topics titled "How Long???," MATTCHICAGO suggested to be sure that the dealer will be "allocated" a or another Shelby GT. Great advise! Since reading that, I've been a little concerned about my order. Today, the sales manager assured me that my order has moved to priority code 2 which I hope means that my order will turn serialized soon (and a VIN), maybe even tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Great advice!

I did however want to caution you on the above the "Priority Code" stuff. It's my understanding that this code is totally dealer generated and has nothing to do with the factory.

A dealer can set a code from 0-99. If the dealer then has two cars in the order system when allocation is available the system will take the car with the lower number.

For example if there were two SGTS on order from your dealer and your car had a priority code of 80 and the other of 92 your car would be scheduled when the allocation became available because you have the lower priority code.

The number you have been assigned as a "priority code" means nothing unless you are referencing your place in line with the other dealers cars on order. Your dealer can move your priority code all they want but unless they have allocation, and there are no other commodity constraints, it's not going to get you VIN any faster.

I wonder if some of the dealers that read these posts would comment? I know there are some here but they have remained strangely silent through all these discussions. It seems to me we have many dealers taking orders in hopes of getting allocation, tying up people's money and time, calling around to other dealers trying to get their allocations (this happened at my dealership), and telling people things like "we moved your priority code to 2" etc.

Gee, all this and a 10K ADM too!?!?

Come on Ford Salespeople speak up!

:(

Great advice!

I did however want to caution you on the above the "Priority Code" stuff. It's my understanding that this code is totally dealer generated and has nothing to do with the factory.

A dealer can set a code from 0-99. If the dealer then has two cars in the order system when allocation is available the system will take the car with the lower number.

For example if there were two SGTS on order from your dealer and your car had a priority code of 80 and the other of 92 your car would be scheduled when the allocation became available because you have the lower priority code.

The number you have been assigned as a "priority code" means nothing unless you are referencing your place in line with the other dealers cars on order. Your dealer can move your priority code all they want but unless they have allocation, and there are no other commodity constraints, it's not going to get you VIN any faster.

I wonder if some of the dealers that read these posts would comment? I know there are some here but they have remained strangely silent through all these discussions. It seems to me we have many dealers taking orders in hopes of getting allocation, tying up people's money and time, calling around to other dealers trying to get their allocations (this happened at my dealership), and telling people things like "we moved your priority code to 2" etc.

Gee, all this and a 10K ADM too!?!?

Come on Ford Salespeople speak up!

:(

I am a MUSTANG GUY FIRST (I have owned [83] 64 1/2 - 70 Mustangs including 2 Shelby's) I run the Fleet/Comm Truck Sales at a Dealer in Denver. I do ALL THE ORDERING of cars and trucks here.

when a order is put in the bank, I choose the priority code/level 10 is HOTEST - 80 = whenever just sitting in order bank ...

each week I get a report that tells me how many of what I will get pulled. (more to it than that, with wholesale meetings and special buys, etc) but anyways----If I have 3 mustangs for week say 3/15----I may have 1 GT & 2 V-6 or ????????? 2 auto & 1 Man ????????? certain wheels on 10% build or???????????

with SPECIAL Builds like Shelby GT500 or SGT, FORD GT (I know done) My Zone Manager, will let me know when my allocation is coming up. (week / build period / when it will get pulled) BUT I CAN PUT AS MANY SGT orders in that I want too. THEY JUST WON'T GET pulled/built.

I call my Zone Manager and plead, beg, commit to buy 150 extra Focus's to get an EXTRA Allocation. Sometimes it woks.

I have SOLD 4 SGT's so far, and I have 1 maybe 2 left.

This 1 is currently available: SITTING IN LAS VEGAS

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $26,875

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 140A-PREM GT COU

DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE 460

SATIN ALUMINUM PANEL

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 325

WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140

.235/50/ZR18 TIRE

.REAR SPOILER DELETE

.FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS

.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" BLK PNTD ALUMINUM WHEEL

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM 1,295

PONY CENTER CAP

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 31,340

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $32,085 + Shelby Pkg $8390 = $ 40,475 Built and sitting AT SHELBY Las Vegas. If someone wants it, I need a check for $ 45,000.00 If that is NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY, NO PROBLEM! DON'T FLAME ME, for doing my job. It is just what I have BUILT & AVAILABLE. I have supplied 13 SHELBY GT500's & 4 SGT's to VERY GOOD Repeat Customers. They called I got them what they wanted, end of story.

randy 303 584-6623

BUT I CAN PUT AS MANY SGT orders in that I want too. THEY JUST WON'T GET pulled/built.

Thanks Randy, I think you confirmed what I was saying, and yes, a dealer can enter as many GT orders as they want to take as many deposits as they want, while leading customers on. I don't fault any dealer for wanting to make money here. Gawd knows it's been hard atr times these days to keep the lights on! What i do object to, and I hope you do, is these dealers that have taken deposits and lead these people to believe they have a car coming...someday. There is no guarentee this is tha case and they aren't waiting for some factory process or Ford process to assign VINs they are holding the order awaiting the allocation these dealers are representing they have in hand! Now, again to be fair, if the dealer believes and has verified they do have an allocation and they are simply waiting for Ford to release it, then state that and give people the real story. I've personally had a dealer that didn't have allocation, told me they did, and instead started calling other area dealers trying to get their allocation to sell me.

As for the ADM, well...I personally think it's BS given the amount of work most of us have had to do to get these cars and the dealer education we've had to conduct. I've had salespeople snicker at me and tell me I was wrong and there was no such thing as a "Shelby GT" others that simply never called back when they promised, you name it!

I have a signed contract for a MSRP deal, now having said that, these things are written such that the dealer can backout for almost anything, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that integrity and honesty means something to someone these days.

Matt, thanks again for the advise on checking with your dealer whether they have an SGT "Allocated." Right after reading that I called my dealer and was very pleased to have heard him say they were allocated one (I recalled that they had already sold at least one when I ordered).

Today, I learned that I have a VIN. I ordered Feb 21 and it's March 12. That's 19 days. Not bragging, just happy as heck and thought I'd share with all. I called the Ford 800 number and my car will be built the week of April 2.

Again all, call around and you'll get MSRP. Ask for allocation, ask them to prioritize and be sure to select a good dealer.

Those looking for MSRP, I've already given the name of my dealer. Call them, do all your paper work over the phone (and using FEDEX) and then go pick up your car from Vegas.

Woohoo!!!

Matt, thanks again for the advise on checking with your dealer whether they have an SGT "Allocated." Right after reading that I called my dealer and was very pleased to have heard him say they were allocated one (I recalled that they had already sold at least one when I ordered).

Today, I learned that I have a VIN. I ordered Feb 21 and it's March 12. That's 19 days. Not bragging, just happy as heck and thought I'd share with all. I called the Ford 800 number and my car will be built the week of April 2.

Woohoo!!!

Glad to hear the happy ending! :-)

Now you can join in the waiting game!

Again all, call around and you'll get MSRP. Ask for allocation, ask them to prioritize and be sure to select a good dealer.

Those looking for MSRP, I've already given the name of my dealer. Call them, do all your paper work over the phone (and using FEDEX) and then go pick up your car from Vegas.

Woohoo!!!

I know of a dealer on Long Island who has a white 5sp early production # in stock which can be had for MSRP. I would jump on it if I didn't already have one in Las Vegas waiting for mods. PM me for info on the dealer.

We have a dealer near us that called when they got the SGT in two weeks ago. Went something like this......

Dealer: "We've got a Shelby here that we would like you to race this season in Fun Ford Weekend since you happen to the World Champ."

Me: "Ok....sounds like we might have a deal. I can come by tomorrow and we'll talk it over."

Dealer: "You'll be happy with this deal. It will be good for you, us, and Shelby."

Me: "See you tomorrow."

Sooooo....I roll up to the dealership and there sits a black SGT with a five speed. Pretty car. I find the salesman who called me and we look the car over for about fifteen minutes. I ask him, "So what is this deal you have for me to drive the car this season?" He then says...........(you ready for this one?).........

"Just $50,000 and you're in this one." :blink:

Somehow I was able to resist the urge to punch him in the throat. I asked him what made this car worth $50K and he told me that "the Shelby treatment" (I hate that terminology) tacked on $22,000 to the price. Of course, there were no stickers on the window to show a price breakdown....just his word on this one. Sales Manager told him so. <_< Sitting right next to the SGT was a new GT500 convertible. When I asked about the GT500 I was told "$60,000...no problem." Needless to say, I turned around, got into my car and drove off.

The absolute unmitigated gall that some dealers show is disgusting. Idiot salesman didn't know one single thing about the car except that it said "Shelby" all over the car. Retard.

Keep in mind there is a difference between what a dealer is asking and what the market is. I have been to my three closest dealers and have seen markups of $10K, $11.5K, $16.5K. The last two include $1500 retail mark up on the SAI package over the $7390 (plus GG tax). They can ask all they want but they can also sit there for a long time.

Archived