TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Recall!!

Niswonger

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what plans do have when the car arrives?

Say - didn't they recall the GT Supercar for some chassis cracks early on?

I think is was the lower A-arms. They redesigned the vendor part from billet, if I recall and field-installed them! They did Leno's in his garage; I've read of others being done in customer's driveway. It was not a trivial change either, taking a couple hours or more to complete. As Leno said, hard to complain about that level of service!

<edit:> None had actually failed or were close to failing from what I'd read, but it is a rather important part (my 1968 Intemecchanica Italia Torino GFX 400 was plagued with similar problems, so I designed replacements and had them fab'd to my spec... did the trick!)

I thought that somewhere in this forum that there was a post about getting off topic and that posts in question would be moved ?

It would be easier to rename this the Linda Vaughn thread (given that there's no recall) :)

<just kidding>

<edit:> Damn! ...and there were no silcone boobs in '69! :hysterical:

I thought that somewhere in this forum that there was a post about getting off topic and that posts in question would be moved ?

I`am just interested in cars did you see the coil for 10.95 40,000 volts. Oh who was the Lady deside all the parts :hysterical:

Jessi Keep the pictures coming ......THANKS

I want the 442. :bandance:

In the glove compartment is the complementary chess set :hysterical:

<edit:> here's alink to two pix of Linda by a fan at the 1997 100th anniversary Oldsmobile event.... I figure she'd be about 50ish in these pix... want some of her pills too :)Linda Vaugh on Olds 100th Anniversay 1997

Reminds me of the old joke where the stacked babe goes into the local mom&pop department store looking for a sweater. The elderly man immediately takes out his tailors chalk and draws two pockets on her chest. She says "I didn't ask for pockets!" The old man says "so sorry" and quickly starts rubbing them off. <bodabing.

:hysterical2:

Sorry, should be on the joke thread... appologies

Hmmm...I have not yet seen a response from Niswonger. :headscratch:

+1 ...yeah, Dave, the tipoff to me that it was totally bogus was that Ford would never tell a dealer there might be a recall. Telling a dealer anything is tantamount to printing it in the NYTimes :) I think Niswonger was sincere, though, and just trying to help.

+1 ...yeah, Dave, the tipoff to me that it was totally bogus was that Ford would never tell a dealer there might be a recall. Telling a dealer anything is tantamount to printing it in the NYTimes :) I think Niswonger was sincere, though, and just trying to help.

I am sure he was sincere, but I think when you put out such inflammatory info, then it's proven wrong, you should come back and offer some retraction or explanation of sorts. We've seen this type of thing from several people on the forum now...and their credibility really suffers. I realize he was just passing on something he heard...but if I passed on every thing I heard about this car...you guys would laugh me out of here. :fan:

We have to be kind of like reporters...checking our facts, verifying our sources, or at the very least...qualifying the info we put out here on the forum. :soapbox:

Ok, I'm off the soap box and back on my meds.

Dave

Looking at the costumes and hair I have to wonder if humanity really deserved to make it out alive :confused: ....thats what happens when folks trade perfectly functioning brain cells for modified neurotransmitters. :wacko: I have to know folks was it really like a cartoon at the time? I just have a difficult time reconcilling the moonshot with things that are such obvious caricatures of itself.

Yaah, Miss Hurst Shifter! She was on TV earlier this year for some anniversary event Hurst was sponsoring. And she still looked good for her age -- I want some of those pills she's taking :hysterical:

Linda Vaughn was a guest of honor at the very first "Shelby Does Vegas" meet about ten years ago. She was out at the racetrack wandering around visiting with everybody and checking out all the cars. I've got video of her looking over a 67 GT500 and asking the owner a few questions about it. She looked great! She drew almost as big of a crowd as the original Cobras that were there.

I want the 442. :bandance:

Man, I had a 69 442, and that is no 442.. That is a Hurst Olds, blueprinted 455, his and hers shifter, etc. would give my left... well you know what I mean...for one. Before I happened upon the announcement for the shelby a year and a half ago, that was what I was shopping for. Trouble is, they are more of a museum piece now, good for sunday drives in good weather.

:wacko: I have to know folks was it really like a cartoon at the time? I just have a difficult time reconcilling the moonshot with things that are such obvious caricatures of itself.

Somehow it was simultaneously cool, sexy and innocent all at the same time in a way that somehow can never be repeated -- and maybe that's good thing :shift:

Back then I don't think I even remember noticing how weird that big hair was... it just was :)

Was it like a cartoon? Yes and no. It just wasn't a funny cartoon then -- it was a primitive version of spokesperson brand-recognition ...and it must have worked!

Oh, well, back to my meds. :tequila:

...and five more...

4f6af17e.jpg

9d9f2e95.jpg

97654f36.jpg

8555fa48.jpg

04934d0c.jpg

JB

Sure does look like Gratiot gave her a small size in their T-shirt good move.

Jesse Bolt these are great pitures Need more . These are N.O.S I take-it

I am sure he was sincere, but I think when you put out such inflammatory info, then it's proven wrong, you should come back and offer some retraction or explanation of sorts. We've seen this type of thing from several people on the forum now...and their credibility really suffers. I realize he was just passing on something he heard...but if I passed on every thing I heard about this car...you guys would laugh me out of here. :fan:

We have to be kind of like reporters...checking our facts, verifying our sources, or at the very least...qualifying the info we put out here on the forum. :soapbox:

Ok, I'm off the soap box and back on my meds.

Dave

I agree 100%

Being in sales , I can't stress enough how important it is (when managing client expectations), to provide accurate and timely information.

• 4 months later...

I heard something about a thermos nucleus device, does that sound right to anyone? :fan:

That sounds right to me. :hysterical:

Ø-†åý. Another one. I couldn't resist. I've got 81 pictures of Linda Vaughn...

8688fc80.jpg

JB

Camel Toes :hysterical:

Sure does look like Gratiot gave her a small size in their T-shirt good move.

Jesse Bolt these are great pitures Need more . These are N.O.S I take-it

This is almost as good as the wife posting thread. :hyper:

I personally met Linda in Union Grove summer of 77 when I was in a final drawing (3 of us) for a 57 Chev they were giving away. Announcer called out 3 names and I was one of them. Got to meet Linda during the final pull from the hat but was not too impressed with her or her personality. Jungle Pam was there and looked much better! THe sweepstakes was put on by Monroe Shocks from what I remember

It keeps getting better. :headspin:

Archived