TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Recall!!

Niswonger

You guys are killin' a me over hear! :hysterical:

Ma-dona-mia!!

I'm a gonna like my Sicilian gears, I'm a think. My GT - she's a gonna run like-a da wind!

68- very good work on the dialect - it's very hard to write it like it sounds.

I'll check out the grills - thanks for remembering. I've been on Cervini's (!) web site. I'm going to wait and-a see how the OEM grill/lights look widda da stripes before making up my mind - ga-beesh? :shift:

If I change the grill - I'd want something like this: (just the upper grill - and lose the "fog" lights)

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1160#1172

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are killin' a me over hear! :hysterical:

Ma-dona-mia!!

I'm a gonna like my Sicilian gears, I'm a think. My GT - she's a gonna run like-a da wind!

68- very good work on the dialect - it's very hard to write it like it sounds.

I'll check out the grills - thanks for remembering. I've been on Cervini's (!) web site. I'm going to wait and-a see how the OEM grill/lights look widda da stripes before making up my mind - ga-beesh? :shift:

If I change the grill - I'd want something like this: (just the upper grill - and lose the "fog" lights)

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1160#1172

Ooo, I like that, Bryan. That's a diff front clip though, yes? Much deeper below the bumper (whihc I like)... sort of reminiscent of Eleanor but sleeker -- very nice!

The grilles in the links I posted used the standard front clip, I believe, but aren't as slick as the the Cervini goodies.

Our new car Mgr. and our salesman both just told Amanda, my girlfriend, that our status was on hold due to a service issue. Not just for ours, but ALL Shelby's. He said the fifty dealers that recieved one already may have those units recalled. I have no other information at this time, other than he said the public isn't supposed to know about it yet. They JUST found out maybe 45 min. ago.

Sorry, just another fly in the ointment.

what Niswonger says is actually true.

Below is Recall Info:

The entire shelby production is being recalled by GM as they say the competition is much too stiff. they are so worried. They do not plan on crushing all the cars just the owners hearts. I heard GM will not release the Shelby's back until the Camero is out. Of course we should be concerned they may steal the Shelby engines because they have nothing they can compare to put in Cemaro.

Nothing on you diswonger just trying to pass time until my SHelby is built in a week or so. having a little fun is all

I don't think so. I like smooth, simple, and functional. (except for the stripes!)

Hood pins are for real racers. Like spoilers.

They look very cool. But they say to me "racer wannabe."

How much longer do you have to wait for your's? And what plans do have when the car arrives?

Say - didn't they recall the GT Supercar for some chassis cracks early on?

Our new car Mgr. and our salesman both just told Amanda, my girlfriend, that our status was on hold due to a service issue. Not just for ours, but ALL Shelby's. He said the fifty dealers that recieved one already may have those units recalled. I have no other information at this time, other than he said the public isn't supposed to know about it yet.

With the announcement of the changes to the Warranties, I would bet you will see a recall on all previously sold 2007 vehicles to update the warranty booklet. This would warrant the "public isn't supposed to know about it yet" statement." I was notified of the change about 24 hours prior to the public announcement. And we have recieved recalls before to update consumer information before.

:hysterical: 20 year Scotch!

Make mine Captain Morgan - a double - on the rocks.

Yeah - Jesse keeps typing the upside down ? somehow! Ya got me. :happy feet:

Dave - how about some first impressions on your Shelby?

It appears from your Avatar that you have it.

Make mine Captain Morgan - a double - on the rocks.

Yeah - Jesse keeps typing the upside down ? somehow! Ya got me. :happy feet:

You ask, we deliver :bandance:

I think he does it this way: ¿ :)

In Win XP go to start >programs >accessories >character-map and pick characters of your choice from the full 256-hex character set for the font of your choice.

Nooooooo....I do NOT have it...I stole that pic from elsewhere on the forum. I ordered from a small dealership who had to "become certified", so this will likely be their only car. I don't even have a VIN yet, and I'm fully expecting I won't get my car until the winter....I'm being patient.

I was at a Super Chevy show yesterday in Indy (getting parts for my '69 Camaro to paint it this winter), but I didn't see any Shelbys there. :headscratch: Wonder why.

However, I did get into a discussion with a guy about the Yenko Super Car from 1969...reminded me of what's going on with the Mustang in this era. All these "modifiers" buying cars from the automaker, modifying them, then reselling (Roush, Steeda, Saleen, etc.). Even some of the minor mods, where dealerships are adding stripe kits or body-colored mirror "blankets" etc. It's all very exciting....all the interest and variety out there. Many years from now there may be a lot of bench racing about these cars. I can hear it now...

Person A: "Ford never made a Mustang with a a 5.4L twin-screw supercharger"

Person B: "What can I say, I bought this car brand new 18 years ago in 2006...here is the original sales info. See right there, KBB S/C option - $4,260."

Person A: "Someone is pulling your leg"

By the way, let me be clear that I'm in no way saying that ANYONE is offering a KBB S/C option at this time...I MADE THIS UP as an example.

Dave

I remember Yenko. I think he was in PA - and involved in not only Camaro drag racing - but Trans-Am, too.

(could be wrong)

I remember the Yenko Camaro! The precursor to Steeda, et al. :shift:

He may have been working with Mark Donahue.

Boy - am I old! :hysterical:

And - Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago - and Tasca Ford in RI!

Nooooooo....I do NOT have it...I stole that pic from elsewhere on the forum. I ordered from a small dealership who had to "become certified", so this will likely be their only car. I don't even have a VIN yet, and I'm fully expecting I won't get my car until the winter....I'm being patient.

I was at a Super Chevy show yesterday in Indy (getting parts for my '69 Camaro to paint it this winter), but I didn't see any Shelbys there. :headscratch: Wonder why.

However, I did get into a discussion with a guy about the Yenko Super Car from 1969...reminded me of what's going on with the Mustang in this era. All these "modifiers" buying cars from the automaker, modifying them, then reselling (Roush, Steeda, Saleen, etc.). Even some of the minor mods, where dealerships are adding stripe kits or body-colored mirror "blankets" etc. It's all very exciting....all the interest and variety out there. Many years from now there may be a lot of bench racing about these cars. I can hear it now...

Person A: "Ford never made a Mustang with a a 5.4L twin-screw supercharger"

Person B: "What can I say, I bought this car brand new 18 years ago in 2006...here is the original sales info. See right there, KBB S/C option - $4,260."

Person A: "Someone is pulling your leg"

By the way, let me be clear that I'm in no way saying that ANYONE is offering a KBB S/C option at this time...I MADE THIS UP as an example.

Dave

I know wxactly what you mean.

A little story... If you ordered a '67 390 fastback and the great Ford strike forced the order to a '68, a new option appeared that you would never see unless you were going to change your order for some reason(something you did not do back then if you wanted to see it that year, since I had already waited 8 months!). That new option was for a 427 4-bolt-main side oiler as a +/- $1,600 option over the 390/335HO motor. I almost changed my order but the extrqa $1600 was just too much. Apparently ony 7 or 8 were ever built. No one toeday seems to believe that such such an option existed but it is true, and recently I found a site (don't ask cause I can't find it anymore!) that showed all valid Ford motor/model combos for the 50s-mid 70s. And, sure enough, there it is! Until this GT500, that is probably the fastest mustang ever. Side oilers were rated same as the 2-bolt dual-quad wedges at 425HP but the side-oilers were full prepped blueprinted race motors that dyno'd at 485-515HP (gross). But my mustang only weighed about 3150lbs! So an aluminum 427 side-oiler in it would weigh less than my 390 iron block by a good 250-275lbs. Lets say 2900 lbs! Still almost no one you tell this to will believe it. I don't know what the translation of Gross to Net HP is (the GT500 is 500HP net), but I suspect the power-to-weight ratio would be similar to the GT500, maybe better! Have you ever heard anyone talk about this? I've been trying to track down any of the 7 or 8 that were made. It's believed none survived (those motors would never stay with their 'donor' car), but it's always that way until one turns up in a barn in NC or wherever. Anyhow, just a little story to support your comments, Dave. Oh how I wish I had that extra $1,600;-) My '68 390 was only $3006 (orered as a base '68 fastback and then optioned up to GT-level but w/o the big "steal-me" GT C-stripe ;-)

I remember Yenko. I think he was in PA - and involved in not only Camaro drag racing - but Trans-Am, too.

(could be wrong)

He was from PA. My dad used to drive in SCCA road rallies with/against Mr. Yenko. You're not that old.

Well, maybe you are. :wacko:

He was from PA. My dad used to drive in SCCA road rallies with/against Mr. Yenko. You're not that old.

Well, maybe you are. :wacko:

Yeah, that was when Ford/GM had a 'truce' not to exceed a certain HP, so Yenko, a dealer, was factory-ordering the chevy 427s and dropping them in his dealer-prepped camaros... hey were slick!

Yeah, that was when Ford/GM had a 'truce' not to exceed a certain HP, so Yenko, a dealer, was factory-ordering the chevy 427s and dropping them in his dealer-prepped camaros... hey were slick!

The building that housed his dealership, which is still a chevy dealer, is about 2 miles from my house. Growing up, I never had a real appreciation for a Yenko Camaro. I though they were just camaros bought at the local dealership. Until I turned about 14, that is.

Okay - since we've wandered down memory lane -

How about this name - Arnie Beswick. :cheerleader:

Remember what he drove?

Arnie the farmer ? Olds for a while? then Pontiacs/GTOs? I was Ford guy back then too, so there's only maybe one or two brain cells holding that one. (I don't have all that many so I have to be prudent with my grey matter allocation :hysterical:

I know wxactly what you mean.

A little story... If you ordered a '67 390 fastback and the great Ford strike forced the order to a '68, a new option appeared that you would never see unless you were going to change your order for some reason(something you did not do back then if you wanted to see it that year, since I had already waited 8 months!). That new option was for a 427 4-bolt-main side oiler as a +/- $1,600 option over the 390/335HO motor. I almost changed my order but the extrqa $1600 was just too much. Apparently ony 7 or 8 were ever built. No one toeday seems to believe that such such an option existed but it is true, and recently I found a site (don't ask cause I can't find it anymore!) that showed all valid Ford motor/model combos for the 50s-mid 70s. And, sure enough, there it is! Until this GT500, that is probably the fastest mustang ever. Side oilers were rated same as the 2-bolt dual-quad wedges at 425HP but the side-oilers were full prepped blueprinted race motors that dyno'd at 485-515HP (gross). But my mustang only weighed about 3150lbs! So an aluminum 427 side-oiler in it would weigh less than my 390 iron block by a good 250-275lbs. Lets say 2900 lbs! Still almost no one you tell this to will believe it. I don't know what the translation of Gross to Net HP is (the GT500 is 500HP net), but I suspect the power-to-weight ratio would be similar to the GT500, maybe better! Have you ever heard anyone talk about this? I've been trying to track down any of the 7 or 8 that were made. It's believed none survived (those motors would never stay with their 'donor' car), but it's always that way until one turns up in a barn in NC or wherever. Anyhow, just a little story to support your comments, Dave. Oh how I wish I had that extra $1,600;-) My '68 390 was only $3006 (orered as a base '68 fastback and then optioned up to GT-level but w/o the big "steal-me" GT C-stripe ;-)

Maybe offered, but never produced in a Mustang (yes in the Cougar). This has been debated in the classic Mustang forums for years. Contact Kevin Marti here: http://www.martiauto.com/

Ford didn't keep production records before 67, but Kevin's company bought the raw data from Ford and has everything available for 67 up. Every option and stat you can think of.

She was MISS HURST wasn`t she? I know she still around and is still in pretty good shape.

Yaah, Miss Hurst Shifter! She was on TV earlier this year for some anniversary event Hurst was sponsoring. And she still looked good for her age -- I want some of those pills she's taking :hysterical:

Archived