TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Recall!!

Niswonger

Our new car Mgr. and our salesman both just told Amanda, my girlfriend, that our status was on hold due to a service issue. Not just for ours, but ALL Shelby's. He said the fifty dealers that recieved one already may have those units recalled. I have no other information at this time, other than he said the public isn't supposed to know about it yet. They JUST found out maybe 45 min. ago.

Sorry, just another fly in the ointment.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our new car Mgr. and our salesman both just told Amanda, my girlfriend, that our status was on hold due to a service issue. Not just for ours, but ALL Shelby's. He said the fifty dealers that recieved one already may have those units recalled. I have no other information at this time, other than he said the public isn't supposed to know about it yet. They JUST found out maybe 45 min. ago.

Sorry, just another fly in the ointment.

:censored::banghead::censored::banghead::censored::banghead:

What's next?

These days, I have learned to take a dealer's words with great skepticism and second hand news from someone who quotes a dealer (who may not know what he is talking about), with even more caution.

research is the key. also getting info from trusted sources and those who are known to many as being "in the know"

bogus rumors can create excitement and or great disappointment (like riding an emotional roller-coaster), and they just plain suck

I'm not on the defensive, but I should be more clear.

Amanda is the finance manager at the dealer. We aren't dealing with a dealer like we walked in off the street. I hold what the manager says in the highest regard. He has been very well informed about the entire process. This information came from the rep at around 11 this morning when he called to confirm the status on our car.

The Regional rep called him! Not the other way around.

I'm not offended. It was not my intention to get the most views on the page. I was just so taken back when he told us today. Believe me if I thought he was B.S.'ing on this I wouldn't have posted it. He really is Mr. SVT he has an '03 drag cobra running solid 10's and a Mysticrhome '04 that probably could if he put slicks on it. He loves these cars and even snoops around these forums, doesn't post, just snoops.

I still hope he's wrong, or at least it won't be a long delay. I want my car!!

No offense intended because I don't doubt the post is relaying what was actually said. However Ford would never tell a dealer if they didn't want the public to know. And Ford would never say there might be a recall unless there already was one. I'm sure the dealer is well intentioned and just speculating (tho s/he could be coincidentally right -- even a broken clock is right 2x/day).

However, did you notice this part of what Robert posted: "Ford will revamp how the GT500s are built so that the stripes are added during the vehicle's initial build process. That change should occur shortly after the plant re-opens on 17 July." OMG!!! That could be Ford-speak for "we're gonna paint on the stripes from now on!" If so, YEAH!!!!! Just my speculation for sure.

<edited for incomprehensible typing>

FLAT ROCK, MI (UPI) 14 July 2006

The Ford assembly plant in Flat Rock was the scene of an apparent takeover this afternoon.

Workers at the plant called authorities when more than a dozen men, dressed in military "cammies" stormed the line. One worker, Shelby Stang, said the men demanded to see the Shelby Mustangs being built. When told the plant was under a summer shutdown, they stormed the holding area where cars that had been built were awaiting shipment.

When local SWAT teams arrrived at the plant, they found the men checking VIN numbers (serial numbers that each car has). After the authorities surrounded the attackers, police officials claim the men would only agree to surrender after each of the cars was released for transport to Ford dealers.

Another worker, who only agreed to speak off the record, said he was terrified. "Those guys spooked me. They all had glazed eyes and looked like they'd been up for days and days."

Police officials had no immediate comment.

-30-

What I heard is that they installed the nitrous bottle/ran all the lines but forgot to put the switch in...this was a last minute decision so that the epa and insurance companies wouldn't catch on.

:hysterical2:

I think I saw Shelby nitrous switches on e-bay for $2.95 and $50 ADM :hysterical:

FLAT ROCK, MI (UPI) 14 July 2006

The Ford assembly plant in Flat Rock was the scene of an apparent takeover this afternoon.

You forgot to mention the standoff now underway as these Shelbynista's demanded the release of something loosely defined as "MINE". Apparently the NSA is now looking into a shadowy internet organization known as StangsUnleashed.

:hysterical:

You forgot to mention the standoff now underway as these Shelbynista's demanded the release of something loosely defined as "MINE". Apparently the NSA is now looking into a shadowy internet organization known as StangsUnleashed.

Good one, JETSOLVER..

Wow! The National Sanitation Association? 'Cause the other NSA doesn't exist, right? I asked my Congressman!

Everybody remain calm!

I'll go get the Excursion fueled up and start picking everybody up. Bring weapons.

I must say :hysterical: you made me :cry: again :rockon:

What I heard is that they installed the nitrous bottle/ran all the lines but forgot to put the switch in...this was a last minute decision so that the epa and insurance companies wouldn't catch on.

:hysterical2:

:hysterical: I swear this is the greatest forum :hysterical:

I heard something about a thermos nucleus device, does that sound right to anyone? :fan:

«truncated»

However, did you notice this part of what Robert posted: "Ford will revamp how the GT500s are built so that the stripes are added during the vehicle's initial build process. That change should occur shortly after the plant re-opens on 17 July." OMG!!! That could be Ford-speak for "we're gonna paint on the stripes from now on!" If so, YEAH!!!!! Just my speculation for sure.

Nice thought!

JB

Hey, JB - my 4.10's came today from FRP! And - they're made in - get this - Italy! :bandance:

It looks like I'll be in Greenville on Sat - pm me your phone if you'd like to grab some lunch around 1.

Bryan

SC2004 - thanks, man. I've been having a lot of fun here. When classes start back up in August - I won't have as much time to play. But - hopefully, my GT will be on the ground - so the commute will be Time to Ride! :shift:

Hey, JB - my 4.10's came today from FRP! And - they're made in - get this - Italy! :bandance:

It looks like I'll be in Greenville on Sat - pm me your phone if you'd like to grab some lunch around 1.

Cool. ¿Is your set-up going to be positive traction?

Thanks for the invitation. Tentative on my schedule, weather permitting, is to ride over to Wilson, on the scooter, for the Easyrider's Rodeo.

PM sent.

JB

Bryan, check out these billet grills for your ride -- very similar to the GT-H, I think...

Billet Main Grille

Billet Bumper Grille

:shift:

Re 4.10s Hay, Bryan, atsa me peeple... my bro Nunzio heat flasha da gearz speceeealy fora you. We do a da Ferrari geerza too. Bake a dem in a same a oven wit da pizza pie, justa ata two tausand degree -- Ooofa, pizza done in a 20 secondz! :hysterical2:

<just kiddin' now... don't mean to offend anyone, just had to do it. My Grandma, if she were still alive, would have no trouble reading that!>

Archived