TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease holders - what are you doing?

Three Cobras

Haven't heard much traffic from Powerleasers. What are you going to do? Have you found a dealer to work with? What experiences have you had?

I am a Powerleaser. I had the dealer I got the Powerlease from (and the '01 Cobra I traded on it) blow me off and tell me I should probably shop elsewhere because they were marking up any GT500. Found a different dealer who's happy to have the business - would welcome others like me.

I am also a powerlease person but a lightning powerlease. Unfortunately Ford has been keeping everyone in the dark on how they are going to handle the lightning powerlease people. Recently I was told by SVT that I should expect to receive a option for a GT500 in January.

So I called the dealership where I purchased the lightning to see if they had any information and to see if they would sell me the GT500 at msrp or less like they had agreed to sell me the next gen lightning (in writing). Their initial response was no we are not going to honor our deal and we are planning to auction off the right to bid for the 3 GT500 they expect to get. He then went on to explain supply and demand and how he could get way over MSRP and did not think he would sell me one at MSRP.

I ask why he felt I should be screwed again and reminded him the car was not coming out of his allocation and I could go to another dealership to process my option. The conversation ended with I will check with Ford to find out their position. That was close to a month ago and based on an email today he is still awaiting a response from Ford.

Ford has handle this situation poorly and now dealers are adding fuel to the fire.

I wish there were some good news for a change, but I am starting to think I may just wait on the new Challenger if Ford makes the GT 500 as hard to get as it seems. Ticks me off because I got out of a deal on an 05 to wait on the GT 500 and that is likely to be rewarded with dissapointment.

34Z28 - What state do you live in? I have the name of a dealer and salesman who'd be happy to convert your Powerlease option into a GT500. I don't know what price they'll give you, but I am entitled to X-plan and that hasn't been a problem - they're happy to get another car beyond their allocation.

I am in Houston Texas. Getting my option converted as I understand it is up to Ford not the dealer. I also have x-plan but again my understanding is x-plan does not apply to SVT vehicles or is at dealer discretion.

Price is the problem, the dealer I got the truck from said they would process the option if ford gave me one just not at MSRP like they agreed to for the lightning. They are in for a fight, I not happy about any of this and feel shorted by Ford and now the dealer.

greg

Greg -

I'm in VA near Norfolk. You are correct about Ford doing the allocations, not the dealer. I can provide the dealer / salesman combo I'm using for X-plan if you get stuck. I had same problem with the original Powerlease dealer so I moved on - to a dealer closer to home. Remember too, that whomever deals with you also gets the Powerlease vehicle to resell - you don't have to go back to the original dealer.

34Z28 -

Bowditch Ford, Newport News, VA, 757-595-2211, salesman Steve Horn. I don't have his e-mail on me. Just tell him you're another Powerlease / GT500 guy, he'll be familiar with the deal including X-plan. It may well work out that you can get someone else closer to home to deal with you. But at least you can work a back-up. Obviously they will want some verification of the entitlement and Powerlease before signing, but this guy knows the score from researching my Powerlease option.

34Z28 -

E-mail for previous post is sdhorn58@yahoo.com.

Archived