TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT, might be a deal!

MAP

Today when I drove past the Ford dealer near work ( Oxmoor Ford, Louisville, KY) I saw a black SGT in the showroom, it wasn't there on Friday. At lunch I went by to actually see in person what I have ordered. I have a white one ordered from another dealer. This car is I believe #621. There was no dealer mark up on the window. Premium GT, charcoal interior, 5 speed, only option was interior upgrade package. I was talking to the resident dealer (salesman) Shelby expert about the car. He made it very plain this wasn't a "real Shelby", only a add on package, I guess he knows best. I didn't argue, no point with this moron. With his vast knowledge at hand I bet this car could be bought for a discount if anybody would try. I still will wait for the white one for MSRP.

Whats ironic is that when I was 17 we had a 1970 Fairlane that we bought from this same place (different name). I always took the Fairlane in for warranty work and such. The dealer was part of the Ford drag team, and had a whole semi car hauler full of neat drag cars. In the showroom there was a new Grabber Blue Boss 429 that they took forever to sell, I used to spend what seemed like hours walking around that car and wishing it was mine. Just think 37 years ago all that, and today they don't even know what a Shelby is.

Thanks

Today when I drove past the Ford dealer near work ( Oxmoor Ford, Louisville, KY) I saw a black SGT in the showroom, it wasn't there on Friday. At lunch I went by to actually see in person what I have ordered. I have a white one ordered from another dealer. This car is I believe #621. There was no dealer mark up on the window. Premium GT, charcoal interior, 5 speed, only option was interior upgrade package. I was talking to the resident dealer (salesman) Shelby expert about the car. He made it very plain this wasn't a "real Shelby", only a add on package, I guess he knows best.

Funny but that's the way I look at the GT500! Other than the Shelby name, and I'm sure SAI had some input, it has NOTHING to do with Shelby. It's totally built at Ford. Our cars actually go to SAI for work! How much more Shelby can you get than that!

I agree with MattChicago, the GT500 is mearly Shelby in name only our SGT's will actually come from the SAI plant. I would much rather have something that at least visted the inside of the plant. I feel in the long run this is worth more.

I agree with MattChicago, the GT500 is mearly Shelby in name only our SGT's will actually come from the SAI plant. I would much rather have something that at least visted the inside of the plant. I feel in the long run this is worth more.

Dont bet on it, remember 68 shelbys were worth more than 67's until gone in 60 seconds drove up 67 prices. gt 500's are still shelbys. They are bad ass and will do ok.

Today when I drove past the Ford dealer near work ( Oxmoor Ford, Louisville, KY) ... I was talking to the resident dealer (salesman) Shelby expert about the car. He made it very plain this wasn't a "real Shelby", only a add on package, ....
Technically, he is probably right. The MSO shows built by Ford. The car is only modified by Shelby.

My '89 CSX is a "real Shelby" because it has a MSO issued by Shelby.

robin

Archived