TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What to do...

LHABES

I am at a loss as wo that to do. I have a signed buyer's contact for a white manual SGT from my dealer for MSRP + $3000. Two days ago, the Fleet Manager, with whom I was workeng called to inform me the car was delivered. However, the Fleet Manager told me her General Sales Manager told her he would not release the SGT to me unless I paid an additional $2000 mark up. Does a signed Buyer's contact stating the price as MSRP + $3000 mean nothing to Dealers. I was told I would go back on the waiting list for the next car at the agreed upon price. What in the world should I do. The car is now on RBAY for sale at a $5000 markup, without any bids.

Disappointed Jeff in AZ

I bought mine in Owings Mills MD and the dealer also made the mistake and had a signed contract to me minus the 8+ grand that Shelby adds. In the end we offered to split the difference but the (bleep dealer) refused anything but full payment and we had already gone 5 over what we thought the vehicle was gonna be according to the dealers knowledge. Its obviously a dealer screw up but we settled cause we would have payed at max 5 over for the car if that was all that was available especialy to get exactly what we wanted however I'm saddened to see that ford dealers are still about as useful as the sterotyped lawyers. (No affense to any lawyers) But beyond that we are alerting Marylands authority in that area forget what the proper name for them is called but wondered if anyone else had ideas on that cause if nothing else I'd like to atleast have the dealer penalized if not get some of my money back.

Fords got a great product but there dealers are practically theives I'd alert your states district attorney and let them know what the dealer has done to you because Ford has nothing to do with their dealers trust me I've tried to contact anyone I can. If you can find out the owner of that dealerships number call him up and let him know what his dealer or manager is doing. Its hard for me not to get upset about this, you may not be able to do much other than to bow down to the dealer and pay when the end comes because while you attempt to fight it legally they're gonna try to sell the car right under your noise to someone willing to pony up the cash. Act fast and tell them hey I gotta contract with yall if you try and sell this car to someone else your gonna have a h@#$ of a time with me in court. Remind them they screwed up not you.

By the way did and do you have money down on the car.

Someone at SAI please read our crys for some help I know that SAI can not effectively do anything about the sale of the car but maybe they can let someone at Ford know that their dealers are killing the company!!! I think Ford has realized there are other places for customers to go if the want a well built car for a decent price however it seems as if they are doing nothing they need to get involved and regult on their dealers. Love Ford love this car but dealers.....1 good one for every 200,000 bad ones.

I am at a loss as wo that to do. I have a signed buyer's contact for a white manual SGT from my dealer for MSRP + $3000. Two days ago, the Fleet Manager, with whom I was workeng called to inform me the car was delivered. However, the Fleet Manager told me her General Sales Manager told her he would not release the SGT to me unless I paid an additional $2000 mark up. Does a signed Buyer's contact stating the price as MSRP + $3000 mean nothing to Dealers. I was told I would go back on the waiting list for the next car at the agreed upon price. What in the world should I do. The car is now on RBAY for sale at a $5000 markup, without any bids.

Disappointed Jeff in AZ

Did get a vin or dora with your contract? Has the dealer given you anything that pertains to that particular car to show that THAT car is the the one they agreed to sell to you?

Or did you just get a contract that indicates they will sell "A" white Shelby GT at $X price?

The key here is did they give you a vin number and does the vin on that car match your vin to prove that is the particular car they agreed to sell to you and accepted a deposit on?

The biggest problem is them selling the car while you try to fight them on this.

The easiest way to resolve this in my opinion would be to just pay them the money to get the car before they sell it and then sue them in small claims for $2,000 back!

Did get a vin or dora with your contract? Has the dealer given you anything that pertains to that particular car to show that THAT car is the the one they agreed to sell to you?

Or did you just get a contract that indicates they will sell "A" white Shelby GT at $X price?

The key here is did they give you a vin number and does the vin on that car match your vin to prove that is the particular car they agreed to sell to you and accepted a deposit on?

The biggest problem is them selling the car while you try to fight them on this.

The easiest way to resolve this in my opinion would be to just pay them the money to get the car before they sell it and then sue them in small claims for $2,000 back!

I was number 4 on the list and #1, 2, and 3 declined the car. yes I do have a deposit down to hold the price of the car per the contract... I will find the owner name and speak with him directly, if possible. Otherwise, I will purchase elsewhere, there are many available on EBAY or I may just wait until an SGT conv. is produced. I value honesty and expect people to be held accountable for their actions.Going to small claims court gives mo pause to reflect. Thanks

I was number 4 on the list and #1, 2, and 3 declined the car. yes I do have a deposit down to hold the price of the car per the contract... I will find the owner name and speak with him directly, if possible. Otherwise, I will purchase elsewhere, there are many available on EBAY or I may just wait until an SGT conv. is produced. I value honesty and expect people to be held accountable for their actions.Going to small claims court gives mo pause to reflect. Thanks

If you need a good dealer, I ordered mine from Pride Ford in North Attleboro, MA and paid only MSRP. They have been great and no monkey business. If you opt for the Shelby Museum delivery, it doesn't matter what dealer you buy the car from. PM me and I'll give you the phone number and salesman's name. I have no relationship with them other than buying the car from good people; which is why I have no problem refering them. They happen to also have an orange convertible GT500 on the floor.

Archived