TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black S-GT interiors

BucksSGT661

I recieved my S-GT a couple days ago and love it but I noticed that I didn't have the usual Premium GT dash or steering wheel which has the silver look on it everything is pure black. I also noticed that in a picture of a recent magazine featureing the white version of the car that the dash looked like the premium that we all know of. I was just wondering if for the black car if they switched it to all black to keep the all black look as I know the rims were changed which I think look great. If I am supposed to have silver on the dash and steering wheel how do I go about getting this fixed, however if this is just a style for the black S-GT's I'd kinda like to know what I payed for by ordering a Premium GT instead of the deluxe ?? No complaining love the car just confused.

I recieved my S-GT a couple days ago and love it but I noticed that I didn't have the usual Premium GT dash or steering wheel which has the silver look on it everything is pure black. I also noticed that in a picture of a recent magazine featureing the white version of the car that the dash looked like the premium that we all know of. I was just wondering if for the black car if they switched it to all black to keep the all black look as I know the rims were changed which I think look great. If I am supposed to have silver on the dash and steering wheel how do I go about getting this fixed, however if this is just a style for the black S-GT's I'd kinda like to know what I payed for by ordering a Premium GT instead of the deluxe ?? No complaining love the car just confused.

What you are talking about is the "interior upgrade package" that would have had to be ordered as an option on the car.

That is an option on all models and trim levels. V6 deluxe, V6 premium, GT deluxe and GT premium.

It is not standard on any trim level or model other than the GT500.

It is order code 18G and it is a $460 option.

You have your choice of either the Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique 67L or the Woven Charcoal Aluminum Instrument panel applique with ribbed pattern 67D

The Interior Upgrade Package 18G includes:

Bright six-gauge instrument cluster with My Color feature, bright shift knob & satin register vents w/satin aluminum spokes on steering wheel, door latches, door scuff plate. Also includes message center, leather wrapped steering wheel & dark charcoal aberdeen front door panel inserts.

The "MY Color Feature" allows you to change the color of the dash lights to a 125 different shades of color.

If your car was ordered with this option it would show the "Interior Upgrade Package" as an option listed on the window sticker from Ford and have a $460 charge for it.

If you didn't order this option or if this option isn't on the window sticker then your car would not have this option and it would just have the plain dash.

For the $460 this option gives you a lot for the money. I think everyone should get it for the $460

ah now I see well I'm not sure if I'd want to have it changed cause the pure black is kinda nice but I was looking to cause the dash color change is nice I saw it in the manual is it even possible to have ford put that on there without ruining the cars shelby status and the plate that has the vin and csm plus the ingraved shelby signature.

What would the process be to get this done while keeping Shelby originiality in otherwords?

Archived