TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Long???

GTPA

I had a black auto in there for about 3 weeks and the site never changed to let me know it was on its way to the dealer but by the 4th it was here. Can't be sure but the word was that they planned to be done with the S-GT project by April. If thats not right someone let me know. There pretty fast out there once they get the car and the strippers get the beautiful Silver stripe on the car.

....I don't think they will be done by the end of April. They started the last week in December. It is now the first week of March and I don't think anybody has reported a car over #600. As far as I know it has always been a goal to produce 60 cars a day time 4 days a week (off on friday), 240 cars divided by 6000 is 25 weeks (6 months). So, I concur with the end of June, if not later.

....I don't think they will be done by the end of April. They started the last week in December. It is now the first week of March and I don't think anybody has reported a car over #600. As far as I know it has always been a goal to produce 60 cars a day time 4 days a week (off on friday), 240 cars divided by 6000 is 25 weeks (6 months). So, I concur with the end of June, if not later.

Just wanted to add that you really can't use this initial run of cars to predict anything. There were supplier issues, and in something like this there are typically communication issues, delivery issues, and manufacturing ramp up issues. Now that SAI is a few months into this and getting caught up I'm sure they're working to hit a stride and times will come down as the program moves forward.

i have my car showing en route to shelby SINCE February 9th!!!!

i am hoping they didnt update it and that its actually in production right now at SAI, based on BuckSGT experience i hope that is the case that next update will go from en route to completed and shipped.

i could have walked there in the amount of time it took to get my car to shelby

Just wanted to add that you really can't use this initial run of cars to predict anything. There were supplier issues, and in something like this there are typically communication issues, delivery issues, and manufacturing ramp up issues. Now that SAI is a few months into this and getting caught up I'm sure they're working to hit a stride and times will come down as the program moves forward.

OK, maybe I should have left off the first part of my post. SAIs stated goals are still 60 cars per day, 240 cars a week.....that will take 25 weeks even if they hit the goal every week.

OK, maybe I should have left off the first part of my post. SAIs stated goals are still 60 cars per day, 240 cars a week.....that will take 25 weeks even if they hit the goal every week.

Oh, no you're right! I was speaking more to the timelines not the volume that can be produced on any given day. Related but different questions.

i have my car showing en route to shelby SINCE February 9th!!!!

i am hoping they didnt update it and that its actually in production right now at SAI, based on BuckSGT experience i hope that is the case that next update will go from en route to completed and shipped.

i could have walked there in the amount of time it took to get my car to shelby

Hey SoCal or any Ford Dealers out there. I'm a little frustrated with the status on getting a VIN and build date for my SGT. I ordered the car on 12/6, DORA the next day from a small dealer in rural Iowa who assures me everything is progressing as it should on my car but I still have no VIN or build date. The dealership has a very good reputation and I'm not worried about him jerking me around but is this normal to take so long? Last week he said he talked to his FORD rep and got the car on a district submission which will bump up the priority on the order. I see others with orders in January that already have cars at Shelby. I take it orders are not completed as submitted? Can somebody help me out here tell me what the process is here? Thanks,

IASHELBY

From what I have heard it seems the cars are being produced on a lottery system not on first come first serve. It also seems they do VINs in bunches. There are members who ordered cars back in Nov. about the same time I did. I received my VIN in the first round like many others, I think it was like the second week of Dec. Other members who ordered their cars around the same time didn't get VINs until about two weeks ago and they alll got them at the same time.

I am sure one of our dealer members has better answers but that is what I have seen. If you trust your dealer I wouldn't worry.......yet.

Good Luck

I ordered mine on December 23rd and don't have VIN # yet either. The dealer has also been very responsive and checks with the Ford rep regularly. He thought he was going to get the VIN this last Friday, 3/2, but no dice. So here we sit . . . . :(

Something is VERY VERY VERY wrong here. I ordered my car on Feb 8th and I have a VIN! The VIN is available as soon as the car is scheduled in the system. It's automatic! I hate to say it but you guys all need to ask to speak to the dealerships Ford Rep, start tape recording calls (check your state laws), keeping careful records, and use email if possible. You may need it later!

From what I have heard it seems the cars are being produced on a lottery system not on first come first serve. It also seems they do VINs in bunches. There are members who ordered cars back in Nov. about the same time I did. I received my VIN in the first round like many others, I think it was like the second week of Dec. Other members who ordered their cars around the same time didn't get VINs until about two weeks ago and they alll got them at the same time.

I am sure one of our dealer members has better answers but that is what I have seen. If you trust your dealer I wouldn't worry.......yet.

Good Luck

The above is incorrect. From the looks of things we have quite a few dealers who do not have allocation taking orders in hope of getting allocation later. If your dealer has allocation there is no issue and a VIN is issued as fast as any other Mustang, a few days. If your dealer is telling you otherwise they are FOS and gambling with your money and time. As you wait for their allocation to open you loose opportunities elsewhere. Again this is total BS!

......LOL, I object lack of foundation.

Thanks SoCal. I'll keep the faith as I have also heard what you are saying about VINs coming in lots with no ryhme or reason to the allocation. I have no reason to believe the dealer is FOS as MattChicago so eloquently conveyed. He runs a family owned dealership and has an excellent reputation in the community. Again the main question I have is about information on the "district submission" by the Ford rep. Does this actually speed up the process? Also, Motortrend videos on the SGT are very cool. Thanks, IASHELBY

Thanks SoCal. I'll keep the faith as I have also heard what you are saying about VINs coming in lots with no ryhme or reason to the allocation. I have no reason to believe the dealer is FOS as MattChicago so eloquently conveyed. He runs a family owned dealership and has an excellent reputation in the community. Again the main question I have is about information on the "district submission" by the Ford rep. Does this actually speed up the process? Also, Motortrend videos on the SGT are very cool. Thanks, IASHELBY

Getting scheduled requires a VIN. Pretty simple. No VIN, no schedule, no schedule, no car. Your dealer should be able to call up the order number (which is a number they make up plus the body code which for a Premium GT is something like T82) with their 5 dgit dealer code into "CONCEPTS" Ford's dealer system and get you a status update. If you can get that information I can get you the not so secret 800 number to call yourself to check on status.

Getting scheduled requires a VIN. Pretty simple. No VIN, no schedule, no schedule, no car. Your dealer should be able to call up the order number (which is a number they make up plus the body code which for a Premium GT is something like T82) with their 5 dgit dealer code into "CONCEPTS" Ford's dealer system and get you a status update. If you can get that information I can get you the not so secret 800 number to call yourself to check on status.

Yes, thanks I have the number and I call it every week using the dealer code and order number. The polite computer lady says that my vehicle order is "clean & unscheduled" and has not been serialized at this time. My understanding is that until a build date is scheduled there is no VIN. When a build date, then a VIN and car will start it's way through the process. I just asking for help on understanding the "district submission" priority that my dealer has said has now been assigned to my order. He said his experience is when this is done he usually has the VIN in 10 - 14 days. Friday will be 14 days, so I plan to call him and see what the status is. Question, why do you think somethings fishy with my order. Every dealer gets one car. I'm this dealer's one. I have no reason to believe otherwise. Maybe I'm to trusting. Hey, I live in Iowa, what can I say.

IASHELBY

Yes, thanks I have the number and I call it every week using the dealer code and order number. The polite computer lady says that my vehicle order is "clean & unscheduled" and has not been serialized at this time. My understanding is that until a build date is scheduled there is no VIN. When a build date, then a VIN and car will start it's way through the process. I just asking for help on understanding the "district submission" priority that my dealer has said has now been assigned to my order. He said his experience is when this is done he usually has the VIN in 10 - 14 days. Friday will be 14 days, so I plan to call him and see what the status is. Question, why do you think somethings fishy with my order. Every dealer gets one car. I'm this dealer's one. I have no reason to believe otherwise. Maybe I'm to trusting. Hey, I live in Iowa, what can I say.

IASHELBY

I have a "friend" that's a salesman that's really into the Mustang, has three, and particularly the Shelby GT. Anyway I am explaining it as he explained to me. In my case I was VERY VERY specific with my dealer that they had allocation. I passed three that said they were "expecting" allocation. The dealer I went with had it and I got my VIN and a build date within 5 days. The end of the road for the 2007s is fast approaching I posted the last order date here someplace and if I didn't have one yet I would be getting concerned. I'm only giving you my perspective and I'm not saying I know it all...only that if it were me, I would want something more than promises while other opportunities to buy this car on ebay or another dealer (some at MSRP) are going.

I have grown to recognize names here and would just hate to see anyone here not get their car. Remember if you read the Buyers contract the dealer can walk away for any reason!

I just hate to see anyone disappointed if something can be done now vs. trying when the last build date hits.

Sorry if anyone is taking my concern otherwise!

Thanks, MattChicago. I appreciate the input. My car has been showing 'clean/unscheduled' since 12/20. The dealership has been very good to deal with so far, but based on what you are saying I just sent them an email to verify that they had actually been allocated the car and weren't just hoping for a future allocation. I'll let you all know what response I get.

The polite computer lady says that my vehicle order is "clean & unscheduled" and has not been serialized at this time. My understanding is that until a build date is scheduled there is no VIN. When a build date, then a VIN and car will start it's way through the process. I just asking for help on understanding the "district submission" priority that my dealer has said has now been assigned to my order.

Here is the meaning of the above:

UNSCHEDULED/CLEAN

• Your order has been received by Ford Motor Company and is awaiting selection by COS for submission to the assembly plant. There are currently no production related holds on the order. Your order will be selected in the priority you have assigned when allocation is available in accordance with controlled commodities. If scheduling delays occur, call your Regional Sales Office.

I had a discussion with a dealer, the 3rd one I phoned to try to order an S-GT, and after only 3 days of working out the option list he agreed to take the order, checked with his owner about the price which I argued must be MSRP, and they accepted that and took my $500 credit card deposit.

At my request he emailed me the VIN which arrived 8 days after the deposit was paid, though he told me on the phone that it had been assigned a few days earlier. He also included in the email the production schedule which is to be the week of March 26. This is right at 5 wks from the deposit date of 2/22 and only about 4 weeks from the date of VIN assignment.

Needless to say, I am TOTALLY STOKED about getting another Shelby Mustang after buying my first one in the '60's! I'm currently planning to pick up the car at SAI after it's been thru the Mod Shop, although I'm not hot on the $500 extra charge for museum pickup. If the timing doesn't work out just right I may decide to forego the s/c, gauges & signals and just let the car come to the dealer.

Roger

What? Yes, I still have the '67.

I had a discussion with a dealer, the 3rd one I phoned to try to order an S-GT, and after only 3 days of working out the option list he agreed to take the order, checked with his owner about the price which I argued must be MSRP, and they accepted that and took my $500 credit card deposit.

At my request he emailed me the VIN which arrived 8 days after the deposit was paid, though he told me on the phone that it had been assigned a few days earlier. He also included in the email the production schedule which is to be the week of March 26. This is right at 5 wks from the deposit date of 2/22 and only about 4 weeks from the date of VIN assignment.

We sound like clones! I did the same and ordered mine on 2/15 with $500 deposit. I was VERY EVERY clear with each dealer that they MUST have allocation. My car is being built now and should be on the ramp ready to be shipped on 3/9. They 'estimate' it will arrive at SAI on 3/26 (of course we know how that goes!).

We sound like clones! I did the same and ordered mine on 2/15 with $500 deposit. I was VERY EVERY clear with each dealer that they MUST have allocation. My car is being built now and should be on the ramp ready to be shipped on 3/9. They 'estimate' it will arrive at SAI on 3/26 (of course we know how that goes!).

I have a VIN baby! I'm so stoked. It has been 3 long months since intial order date. :D

IASHELBY

____________________________________________________________________________________

DORA 12/6, VIN 3/7

Performance White w/ light graphite interior

Interior Upgrade w/satin aluminum panel

Active anti-theft system

Wheel locking kit

Shelby Mods:

Center Gauge Cluster

Front fascia driving lamp kit w/lower grill insert

Sequential tail lights

Aesthetic Engine kit and other billet trim parts.

Shelby console arm rest cover.

Possible later mods: throttle body, under drive pulleys, headers, Baer brakes & 20 inch Shelby wheels

I talked to my dealer today. My car is the first Shelby GT that they have ordered, so they know they have allocation since each dealer gets at least one. They just can't figure out why its taking so long (9 weeks and counting since they placed the order) for Ford to assign a VIN and schedule it. They're trying to get someone higher up the food chain at Ford to give them some assistance. They've sold two GT500's and one Ford GT and seem to know what they are doing. But my contact did sound frustrated when we spoke. :unsure:

I talked to my dealer today. My car is the first Shelby GT that they have ordered, so they know they have allocation since each dealer gets at least one. They just can't figure out why its taking so long (9 weeks and counting since they placed the order) for Ford to assign a VIN and schedule it. They're trying to get someone higher up the food chain at Ford to give them some assistance. They've sold two GT500's and one Ford GT and seem to know what they are doing. But my contact did sound frustrated when we spoke. :unsure:

Ok...cool. Keep on'um! Good luck!

DORA 11/30/06, VIN 1zvht82h775287780

As of Febuary 22 or so John said my shelby was done. I Then asked him to do some mods.... S/C, brake ducts, From what I was told on the 22 of febuary 6 weeks with the mods I ordered. april 5th?? I sure hope so.

Hey me too! I got a VIN. I ordered the car from a dealer on Feb 22 and 9 days later he gave me the VIN and production date...last week in March. It would appear that the bottlenecks are worked out at Ford and they can finally process the orders and get them into the production cycle.

I'll bet they're a little worried because Mustang sales have take a hit in the first 2 months this year versus last year. There are 2 competing cars coming out in the market in the next year or 2 and so they're concerned to get the next Mustang remodel out in time to go head to head with the Camaro and Challenger.

Whatever. I'm just happy I didn't have to wait too long and got MSRP. I ordered: White, manual trans, Int Upgrade Pkg, Wheel Locks, Active Anti Theft, and Heated Seats. That's everything I wanted, and I omitted the Sat Rad, GPS, and Shaker 1000. Heck I never turn up the radio much anymore as it is, my iPod works fine to keep me entertained when I'm not interested in radio or it can't be received, and I'll use my laptop GPS or buy a smaller one that can be moved from one car to another. I'm glad the Shaker 500 has an MP3 input.

I wish I could've ordered the Premium Interior Trim so as to get a 2-tone color set, like the red, or bright tan. I may have selected some other items if they'd been unrestricted in their availability for the SGT.

I'll send the car thru the Mod shop for Paxton, gauges, and sequentials.

Why does it take so long to get to Las Vegas from Michigan. The truck trip couldn't be more than 2 or 3 days max. This just seems absurd.

There are so many frustrating things about Ford it's a wonder they can function at all. I hope Mulally can get some of these problems sorted out. Soon as I see evidence, I'll increase my measly stock holding to something a bit more significant since I think the company's valuation is close to a bottom. I'd like to see some more interesting cars in the lineup first too.

Roger

The Wet Coast

Archived