TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy I need your help

MzBehavn78

Ok, if any of you have ever worked at a car dealership, you know that the new "green-pea" sales people take alot of crap from the experianced sales people. I consider myself pretty smart when it comes to mustangs. I've had a bunch from '67 to '06. I love them so much, I took a job, as the only female sales person, at one of the local dealerships. We have a white 07 Shelby GT sitting in our showroom (07SGT0030 white w/ silver stripes...if anyone is intrested) I heard my sales manager tell someone intrested in the car that it has 319hp, and that they are making only 600 (all manual trans). I was pretty sure that this information was incorrect, so i waited until the customer was gone and told him that i had read that there will be 6000, 1/2 auto 1/2 5spd, and 325hp. I have never in my life been chewed out so badly! How could I, having been in the car business 6 days, challenge him w/ 15 years experiance (btw my sales manager didn't chew me out, but one of the other managers did) I really was only asking. I wanted the correct info, but they about had me in tears that day. I've been thru so much training stuff in the last few weeks, i really wasn't even sure where i had gotten that info, i just wanted to know.

I want to be up on my product knowledge, but, as far as I can find, ford hasn't sent us any training on the Shelby GT. I need some official information. I understand, of course, that I may not be able to get this info in this forum, but if you could direct me to someplace that I might be able to get the facts, i would greatly appreciate it! Oh ya, how many Shelby GTs VS GT500s are being made? I'm so confused....:-(

Thanks,

Jamie (new car sales/mustang lover)

I would really love to have a reliable source to throw in this guys face...bam...u were wrong...!

Ok, if any of you have ever worked at a car dealership, you know that the new "green-pea" sales people take alot of crap from the experianced sales people. I consider myself pretty smart when it comes to mustangs. I've had a bunch from '67 to '06. I love them so much, I took a job, as the only female sales person, at one of the local dealerships. We have a white 07 Shelby GT sitting in our showroom (07SGT0030 white w/ silver stipes...if anyone is intrested) I heard my sales manager tell someone intrested in the car that it has 319hp, and that they are making only 600 (all manual trans). I was pretty sure that this information was incorrect, so i waited until the customer was gone and told him that i had read that there will be 6000, 1/2 auto 1/2 5spd, and 325hp. I have never in my life been chewed out so badly! How could I, having been in the car business 6 days, challenge him w/ 15 years experiance (btw my sales manager didn't chew me out, but one of the other managers did) I really was only asking. I wanted the correct info, but they about had me in tears that day. I've been thru so much training stuff in the last few weeks, i really wasn't even sure where i had gotten that info, i just wanted to know.

I want to be up on my product knowledge, but, as far as I can find, ford hasn't sent us any training on the Shelby GT. I need some official information. I understand, of course, that I may not be able to get this info in this forum, but if you could direct me to someplace that I might be able to get the facts, i would greatly appreciate it! Oh ya, how many Shelby GTs VS GT500s are being made? I'm so confused....:-(

Thanks,

Jamie (new care sales/mustang lover)

I would really love to have a reliable source to throw in this guys face...bam...u were wrong...!

You are in the right place. There is also more info at http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?

I believe that when it was tested, it officially produced 319hp but Amy needs to confirm this.

They are making 6000 GT-S, aprox 900 have been produced so far. The dealer must order every other car as an automatic (this is a Ford requirement). As for the production of the GT500 best guess is 10,000 or so. Ford has not put a set number on that.

Hey, thanks for the info....you would think that ford would have that info for thier employees somewhere, but if they do, i haven't found it. Not in the source book, and even in our online training....

oh, btw, i have tons of pics of the Shelby GT500 that came in yesterday...it's white, no stripes, it's sold, but if anyone wants to see what they look like w/o the stripes, let me know...and a ton of pics of the Shelby GT (07SGT0030) that are at the dealership i work at. I can also get a Shelby GT500 in red if anybody is intrested. TTYL

Jamie

Hey, thanks for the info....you would think that ford would have that info for thier employees somewhere, but if they do, i haven't found it. Not in the source book, and even in our online training....

oh, btw, i have tons of pics of the Shelby GT500 that came in yesterday...it's white, no stripes, it's sold, but if anyone wants to see what they look like w/o the stripes, let me know...and a ton of pics of the Shelby GT (07SGT0030) that are at the dealership i work at. I can also get a Shelby GT500 in red if anybody is intrested. TTYL

Jamie

Read your yahoo email. I sent a PDF of the SGT order guide that was sent to the dealerships. This forum does not allow PDF files to be posted.

Mark

Thanks,

Jamie,

Sorry to hear of what happened. From my experience trying to buy this car you are the rare exception. Most sales people I talked to were as clueless, or worse, than this guy. Actually he might be worse as the others didn't even know the car existed. He has one right in front of him and STILL can't be bothered to learn anything about it.

I see you've already been sent the information for the car that Ford sent to the dealerships. If this guy would have just looked in the "communications" section of the Ford dealer site, there is a 3 page link that tells everything the dealer needs to know, which I think is what you've been sent.

Good luck!

Ok, if any of you have ever worked at a car dealership, you know that the new "green-pea" sales people take alot of crap from the experianced sales people. I consider myself pretty smart when it comes to mustangs. I've had a bunch from '67 to '06. I love them so much, I took a job, as the only female sales person, at one of the local dealerships. We have a white 07 Shelby GT sitting in our showroom (07SGT0030 white w/ silver stripes...if anyone is intrested) I heard my sales manager tell someone intrested in the car that it has 319hp, and that they are making only 600 (all manual trans). I was pretty sure that this information was incorrect, so i waited until the customer was gone and told him that i had read that there will be 6000, 1/2 auto 1/2 5spd, and 325hp. I have never in my life been chewed out so badly! How could I, having been in the car business 6 days, challenge him w/ 15 years experiance (btw my sales manager didn't chew me out, but one of the other managers did) I really was only asking. I wanted the correct info, but they about had me in tears that day. I've been thru so much training stuff in the last few weeks, i really wasn't even sure where i had gotten that info, i just wanted to know.

Thanks,

Jamie, Log into FMC dealer. (hopefully they gave you a log on, if not get one of the other sales people to do it) Click the sales tab. In the search box type shelby gt. You will find a couple of links to the info you need. Print it and take it to the knuckle head that chewed you out, especially if he did it in public. I'm sure you have enough class to take it to him in private. A comment along the lines of "It's bad enough getting chewed out when I'm wrong, but I really HATE to get chewed out when I'm right", would be appropriate. Don't let him chase you off, you'll probably be working there after he's gone!

Thanks,

At first Ford said 325HP and the last info they provided said 319HP. Ford said they are building 6,000. The first one ordered by any dealer can be a manual. Any dealer that get's a second one MUST order an automatic.

This info is available in FMC Dealer.

I concur with Shelbydude. Just received new issue of Motor Trend and they say the "Ford has recertified the package at 319 HP and 330 pounds torque.

Larry

I believe this this was due to the new rules around how you compute HP much like how they the EPA calculates MPG. I could have sworn I read about it recently, have to look. But yes all the info did say 325HP until the few references I've seen to 319HP recently. Maybe someone at SAI who is "in the know" can explain?

Hey I'm sorry this happened to you but as the others have stated when I was getting my Shelby GT I called dealers well in advance to get exactly what I wanted on the car and they said " well we can put you on a waiting list we may be getting a Shelby GT 500 but were gonna need a deposit" it took me 20 calls to 20 different dealers to find 2 dealers that were mustang enthusiats and new that while Ford is almost keeping its dealers in the dark about this car that it was coming and when they got the info they were getting one they called me up. Happy to say I got mine the other day gt premium black automatic.

Its important you know as a dealer that you will recieve the first one normally as a manual and that the second if you are eligible will be automatic unless specialty ordered the first time for automatic, and so on manual, auto, manual, auto so that the cars will be near 50/50 atleast to my knowledge.

As to the priceing for the auto I got the auto so it was 30,000 and some change plus the shelby 8,090 added. There will be only 6,000 and its white and black and the final rating on the cars hp was 319 with the torque being 333. This is all strait from the Shelby Supplement Guide and Ford Mustang book in the dash. I also know when selling the car theres an additional Shelby warrenty both you the dealer and the buyer must sign and send off to Ford Racing. Hopefully you get to sell this car to the lucky customer and not your ignorant co-worker. Its sad that Shelby Autos and Ford Motor Company have come together and done such a beautiful job creating a vehicle only to have it ruined by their dealers. If you want to know why Ford is having trouble its because its hard to find a person like yourself to buy from at Ford, they seem arrogant and like we the customers have no other option for buying a car. I'm a huge Ford supporter don't get me wrong I have an F-150 and now S-GT :) but I went to see a S-GT that I heard had just arrived at the local dealer and when I mentioned the name to a dealer who raced over to me he started shaking his head like nope no chance your gonna get ahold of one of those and told me they had all been sold when I knew that was untrue and that I already had one on the way. Good luck hope this helps and maybe you could print it out and send it through the company bigwigs to get the motivated if they wanna have jobs 10 years from now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm sorry this happened to you but as the others have stated when I was getting my Shelby GT I called dealers well in advance to get exactly what I wanted on the car and they said " well we can put you on a waiting list we may be getting a Shelby GT 500 but were gonna need a deposit" it took me 20 calls to 20 different dealers to find 2 dealers that were mustang enthusiats and new that while Ford is almost keeping its dealers in the dark about this car that it was coming and when they got the info they were getting one they called me up. Happy to say I got mine the other day gt premium black automatic.

Its important you know as a dealer that you will recieve the first one normally as a manual and that the second if you are eligible will be automatic unless specialty ordered the first time for automatic, and so on manual, auto, manual, auto so that the cars will be near 50/50 atleast to my knowledge.

As to the priceing for the auto I got the auto so it was 30,000 and some change plus the shelby 8,090 added. There will be only 6,000 and its white and black and the final rating on the cars hp was 319 with the torque being 333. This is all strait from the Shelby Supplement Guide and Ford Mustang book in the dash. I also know when selling the car theres an additional Shelby warrenty both you the dealer and the buyer must sign and send off to Ford Racing. Hopefully you get to sell this car to the lucky customer and not your ignorant co-worker. Its sad that Shelby Autos and Ford Motor Company have come together and done such a beautiful job creating a vehicle only to have it ruined by their dealers. If you want to know why Ford is having trouble its because its hard to find a person like yourself to buy from at Ford, they seem arrogant and like we the customers have no other option for buying a car. I'm a huge Ford supporter don't get me wrong I have an F-150 and now S-GT :) but I went to see a S-GT that I heard had just arrived at the local dealer and when I mentioned the name to a dealer who raced over to me he started shaking his head like nope no chance your gonna get ahold of one of those and told me they had all been sold when I knew that was untrue and that I already had one on the way. Good luck hope this helps and maybe you could print it out and send it through the company bigwigs to get the motivated if they wanna have jobs 10 years from now.

i also signed nothing about the Shelby warranty, but when i got home found sealed envelope from shelby with 4 pages, 2007 shelby gt warranty policy, 2 pages amendment to new vehicle warranty AND A 4TH page that needs to be filled out by dealer and buyer, ford racing mailing address below, but nothing about the fact that is has to be mailed, , guess i'm back to the dealer to tell them what they need to be doing.

also mine did not have the window sticker from shelby detailing the packages, anyone know how this can be obtained, dealer just said car washer must have thrown it out and they'd check the garbage. <bleep> could you imagine if we ran a dealer-ship and did not hire idiots.

Guys, the SGT has an EPA rated 319HP. The Hertz car came in at 325HP. Same engine mods. Want the hard facts, drop that baby on a dyno.

6000 units.

Black vs. White--let the entire series run.

Same as stick vs. auto.

We will give you guys the hard facts after we are sure. And we will only be able to do this at the end of the run.

Vegasty, I can help on that Munroney label. Shoot me an e-mail.

-John

Archived