TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of a CS6 front and hood on a white car?

BlackSVO

• 1 month later...

Thanks! This pic works for me. Untill now all the pics have been of the kit on a darker colored car.

That's a CS6 hood? Maybe it's just all the light but it looks like a regular Mustang hood. I am also getting ther CS6 hood in my White SGT and would like to see what it looks like.

That's a CS6 hood? Maybe it's just all the light but it looks like a regular Mustang hood. I am also getting ther CS6 hood in my White SGT and would like to see what it looks like.

NO, Im really sorry I didnt clarify that...Its not a very great pic and you are right SMGT, its stock lol. The hood is coming in the near future, ive done the suspension, exhaust, and front and rear fascias.

I dont have any pics of the front or hood on a white car but heres a cs6 fascia on a silver car.

along with a pic of the GTstyle rear fascia.

06V6Mustang.jpg

mustangrear.jpg

You can pick up some paited sideskirts from v6mustangstuff.com for like $79 (GT take off), I think that would make the car look great. What hood are you going to get?

You can pick up some paited sideskirts from v6mustangstuff.com for like $79 (GT take off), I think that would make the car look great. What hood are you going to get?

Rogue,

I totally agree with you on the painted side skirts, i think they would look great. Unfortunately, Im a wheelchair user, I am going to keep the ones i have because if I bump them with my chair while getting in and out of the car, it doesnt scratch like painted ones would. I do plan on getting a side stripe like yours only without letters. Im in the air over a CS6 hood or a Foose hood similar to the hoods off a 69 Mach 1. I need to make my mind up soon though cause I really want the Shelby/Lemans stripes over the top.

I also think your car looks great!! Thank you for sharing your pics. I love the blue, but it seems alot of people in my area also love the blue so I went with silver. Im getting my windows tinted next month. I think tinted windows on silver cars look really nice.

Rogue,

I totally agree with you on the painted side skirts, i think they would look great. Unfortunately, Im a wheelchair user, I am going to keep the ones i have because if I bump them with my chair while getting in and out of the car, it doesnt scratch like painted ones would. I do plan on getting a side stripe like yours only without letters. Im in the air over a CS6 hood or a Foose hood similar to the hoods off a 69 Mach 1. I need to make my mind up soon though cause I really want the Shelby/Lemans stripes over the top.

I also think your car looks great!! Thank you for sharing your pics. I love the blue, but it seems alot of people in my area also love the blue so I went with silver. Im getting my windows tinted next month. I think tinted windows on silver cars look really nice.

Thats smart, scratches on painted side skirts would look bad. Keep posting pics, I'm interested in seeing your progress. Are you going with black stripes?

Thats smart, scratches on painted side skirts would look bad. Keep posting pics, I'm interested in seeing your progress. Are you going with black stripes?

Yes Rogue, as soon as I can find a shop in my area willing to make vinyl stripes in gloss black 9 inches wide with a 1 inch gap. Ive been to three places, two said they wont even attempt them, too difficult, and the third said she could do it but quoted me almost 700 dollars. I can get them painted for 800. I dont want paint yet cause I have not decided what Im gonna do with my hood. After I get my window tint next week, Im gonna get the CS6 side scoops.

Its a shame you are not close to me for a six pack I would do the stripes for free. :D

Thats too bad Gil, id definetly get you a 6 pack :) Thanks for the offer. I ran into some good luck with the stripes though. The shop that tinted my windows also does vinyl striping and such. I had them change my side stripes already and they are doing my Shelby stripes next week!!!! 350 dollars! Thats pretty good I think. These guys do all the striping for the local dealers and the dealer quoted me 680 dollars for the stripes. Im pretty happy. Im gonna get the stripes on the stock hood for now and they said they'd redo them when I decided on a different hood.

Its a shame you are not close to me for a six pack I would do the stripes for free. :D

Gil, what was the hardest part when you did your stripes? The guy that did mine had a tough time doing the front fascia, it took tons of time to get the vinyl to set just right and also to adhere in the tight corners. Theres also alot of optical illusions because of the straight lines of the stripes and the curves of the body panels. Im still not absolutely happy with mine, its going back for some little areas that i dont think look right. Im also not so sure the black is what I had imagined on the silver car. Maybe ill sell it and start over...with a gt this time :rolleyes:

Progress with my white CS8 , fascia testing. Next hood testing..........

post-1791-1141520031_thumb.jpgpost-1791-1141520031_thumb.jpg

I'm waiting some parts to arrive, Jason is working with a problem my carrier, to re-send the rest of the "stage 1" that were lost. Next weekend I will post the installed hood. Hoping to have good new from Hillbanks at that time.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the pics of your convertible here and in your other post. After seeing the front end on a white car, I don't think its for me. It looks great on a dark colored car (blue, gray, black), but I'm not so much of a fan of it on white. I think I'll be going with a California Specaial/SGT front end.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Finally after months I have almost done my Appereance Package. Next monday I will install the stripes. I dont know if Blue or Gray. Please advise. The grille is almost done, some fog light fitting problems but I taking care of them. I posted bad 2 pics about how is looking, hope to have better pics on the weekend with the grille completed.

Thanks Guys ans keep posting

Ruben

• 4 weeks later...

Like this?

http://www.nhtoc.com/photopost/data/500/me...7_05_16_015.JPG

I have 1 due in without Razor wheels.

randy 303 584-6623

That looks awesome!I've been thinking of that hood on my SGT for obvious scoop issue reasons!Now for a couple of questions,Is that not the same hood as the GTH,Also does it have a vent down in the recess,Reason on that is if you ever get a non vented hood car up over 100 mph,You get a nasty hood shake from what I've been told is a massive pressure build up,With no where for it to go a vented hood would seem to do the trick!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Randy, did you order your car with the hood or you installed it later on? if so, how was the installation and fit?

Hi,

I, like everybody else, had to purchase the hood separately as SAI has never factory built a CS6 / CS8 car.

I have however seen some recent GT/SC cars with the Hertz hood so if you need to know about a facotry install of the hood alone they would be the guys to ask.

From my experience the hood I purchased was very poorly made and it looked like two pieces of material stuck together with fiberglass resin, not something I remotely expected from Shelby.

If you look at a Cervini type hood it looks like the factory item you are removing but not so with the CS6 hood.

Also the fit on the vehicle was terrible, on the first attempt I couldn't even close the hood and I had to loosen the bolts to get the latch to close enough to get the car to the bodyshop.

The bodyshop put over 25 hours of labour into adding fiberglass under the hood to make it seamless and raise the rear or the hood slightly so they didn't have to use a bunch or shims.

Just the hood alone cost me around $2,500.00 + which includes the $1,200.00 for the hood,freight & exchange rate which at the time was about 15% and the labour to complete including paint.

I will tell you however that right now the hood looks and fits like the factory one so needless to say it was well worth the investment to me to have it done right.

Several customers complained they had issues with rubbing on several parts of the engine following installation and actually cut holes in the inner liner to get the fit proper but in my case I only had one slight rub which was less than a dime size in diameter and went about 0.010" deep into the hood surface.

This was from the engine movement at the supercharger only but when I covered it with a little touch-up paint they provided it hasn't touched again.

I have seen previous posts that indicate other custom hood suppliers are just as rough as this one but I can't comment as I have no first hand experience with anything but the Cervini style.

From what I see right now the Terlingua hood would be the way to go as it is functional and has a deeper draw which looks more agressive so even if it comes in the same condition at least it keeps the engine bay cool and I'm sure you could easily build a hood grill to keep the debris out.

If your not building a complete CS6 or CS8 vehicle however I would certainly look at all other options including the KR-500 style hood.

Hope this helps...

Archived