TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MISREPRESENTING THE SHELBY GT ON E-BAY

GT-350_merged

Someone stop this dealer before someone buys this car........

Maxwell Ford claims the Shelby GT is a Shelby GT-350 and "pumps out 350 HP and and 330 pounds of Torque"

Follow this link to 2007 Shelby "GT-350" on E-Bay

Please contact Michael Helling or Greg Kimball with any questions regarding payment method and loan options at 512-916-2640.

Maxwell Ford is proud to present an American classic, the Shelby Mustang GT350. Tuned for performance with a look that embodies American Muscle, the GT350 is the perfect meld of brute strenth and automotive artistry. The Shelby 350 package includes:

Shelby GT" Aluminum Door Sill Plates

18" Polished Aluminum Wheel

235/50/ZR18 tire

3.55 Rear Axle Assembly

54U Appearance Package

90mm Cold Air Kit

Alum Dash Plaque w/ CSM Serial Numbering

Aum Engine Plaque w/ CSM Serial Numbering

Auth "Shelby" Trunk Lid Letter Kit

Auxillary audio input jack

Billet Front Grille Insert w/ Pony Badge

Custom Shelby Floormat Badges

Ford Racing Handling Package

Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pkg FR1

Front and Rear Dampers

Front and Rear Sway Bars

GT Premium package

GT Upfitters package

Hood Scoop

Hurst Short-Throw Shifter Kit

Lower Springs

Performance Mufflers

Performance X-Pipe Exhaust

Personal safety system for driver & front passeng

Powered by Ford Fender Badge

Pro-Cal Performance Clibration

Racing Grade Hood Pin Kit

Racing Stripe Kit-Silver

Remote Keyless entry

Shelby Appearance Package

Strut Tower Brace

VIN: 1zvht82h075284476

The Shelby pumps out 350HP and 330 pounds of Torque. Bid now to feel the excitement of being thrown back in your seat with the ultimate Ford performance.

Someone stop this dealer before someone buys this car........

Maxwell Ford claims the Shelby GT is a Shelby GT-350 and "pumps out 350 HP and and 330 pounds of Torque"

Follow this link to 2007 Shelby "GT-350" on E-Bay

The Shelby pumps out 350HP and 330 pounds of Torque. Bid now to feel the excitement of being thrown back in your seat with the ultimate Ford performance.

Chalk it up to another clueless dealer! Though this is worse than the guys selling cars they don't even have and using the wrong photo's. Black SGTs with polished wheels or showing the GTH as the car. They're just a bunch or greedy know nothing jerks who don't deserve their commission.

HAHA this is pretty funny, enclosed is the conversation between him and myself

ME:

So this is a shelby GT 350, huh? I would do some more research before you sell the vehicle and get prosectued for fraud. Try looking here, www.shelbyautos.com. It might help you out a bit.

DEALER:

The "350" is a play on the fact that the Shelby GT is a retail version of the Shelby GT-H. That of course is the current Hertz edition spawned from the GT350H of the 60's. There is no 350 edition so to speak so the model has not been misrepresented, only affiliated with, the 350 of old which it is indeed. The only error in the ad was the HP rating which is 325 both in the Shelby GT and GT-H. Have your attorney call me big boy, or , as I assume, you are just beating your chest to see yourself as a big man. I will do a follow up later to make sure you have contacted your attorney!

ME:

I have no need to contact my attorney, since I am smart enough to recognize that the car indeed is NOT A GT-350. I was trying to share some knowledge with you to help you PREVENT a lawsuit. You are worng again, the Shelby GT is NOT a modern recreation of the GT-350 of yester years. You are correct in saying the Shelby GT is a production version of the GT-H, but the Shelby GT in no way bears GT-350 badging and should not be advertised as so. You cannot even say that since the GT-H is a GT-350-H, because in no way does the current GT-H show "350" markings. So to advertise it as so not only is unethical, it is false advertising.

Have a nice day.

Wow these guys are priceless. If the dealer would have done about 15 mins of research on the car he would have realized that Amy has said about 500 times that the SGT is not a recreation of the GT350. His reasoning on why he is using the "350" to describe the car is priceless. I am half tempted to buy the car and then sue him :lol:

Yes, I too got a nice response from our friends at Maxwell (Not so smart) Ford in Austin Texas.

Item number: 190086000466

"mkhford: It is indeed the the Shelby GT which is a production version of the GT-H. That of course, is a copy of the original 350GTH from the 60's. The HP and torque is exactly the same for the Shelby GT and the Shelby GT-H; The 350 in my ad is a play on the 60's model which was indeed the Shelby 350GTH and of course the model from which both modern versions sprung. Get a life."

Can't wait to see the new post...maybe it will be a GT325? While he is right in what he says above, the old ones were GT350, his add did not make any such distinction and I can't believe he thinks it's ok to make up a "play on words" ad on eBay. Ugh...of course based upon his responses...and the fact he has "0" feedback, well you decide.

That is just a clueless dealer, THIS is a misrepresentation: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW

ROFL at that looking nothing like the real thing,

wrong rims, no cs hood, no hertz side badging, wong grille with foglights, lower grille, wrong back n rear windows, and no SHELBY across the back.

Very poor clone job

• 1 month later...

That is just a clueless dealer, THIS is a misrepresentation: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW

I like the louvers. Makes me want to pull my sleeves up halfway on my "Don Johnson" jacket over a T-shirt, run my fingers through my mullet and crank up Bannaramma......

I wonder if he got those GT-H stickers from Ebay?

Yes, I too got a nice response from our friends at Maxwell (Not so smart) Ford in Austin Texas.

Item number: 190086000466

"mkhford: It is indeed the the Shelby GT which is a production version of the GT-H. That of course, is a copy of the original 350GTH from the 60's. The HP and torque is exactly the same for the Shelby GT and the Shelby GT-H; The 350 in my ad is a play on the 60's model which was indeed the Shelby 350GTH and of course the model from which both modern versions sprung. Get a life."

Actually isn't the GT-H rated at 325 HP while the GT is rated at 319 HP per the Shelby manual? Maybe they can't read or use Google...

I like the louvers. Makes me want to pull my sleeves up halfway on my "Don Johnson" jacket over a T-shirt, run my fingers through my mullet and crank up Bannaramma......

I wonder if he got those GT-H stickers from Ebay?

Actually isn't the GT-H rated at 325 HP while the GT is rated at 319 HP per the Shelby manual? Maybe they can't read or use Google...

Yes, that "was" the rating for this set-up, but it's my understanding that the method used this year is more accurate hence the 319 number rather than 325. There was no material change other than the method/calculation used to compute horsepower. So if you were to test a GTH using the same process it too would yield approximately 319.

At least that's my understanding...your milage may vary! ;)

Looks like it's been changed! Another clueless dealer is "corrected".

What will the world do once we stop policing these ebay adds and we all out driving our cars?

:blink:

Yeah, they changed the title but down in the body of the description it still says GT350. I guess they are hoping for some clueless buyer to come plop down 44 grand too. I wonder how long they have been sitting on it? It is #267. BTW the original post for this thread was an SGT at Maxwell Ford in Austin, Texas and they still have it.

Yeah, they changed the title but down in the body of the description it still says GT350. I guess they are hoping for some clueless buyer to come plop down 44 grand too. I wonder how long they have been sitting on it? It is #267. BTW the original post for this thread was an SGT at Maxwell Ford in Austin, Texas and they still have it.

Good...hey Maxwell Ford...do you hear that sucking sound? It's the sound of what little profit you have left going right out the door.

:P

Good...hey Maxwell Ford...do you hear that sucking sound? It's the sound of what little profit you have left going right out the door.

:P

Anyone notice the new tactic the dealers are using on ebay now, they start the auction low with no reservce then in the description they say auction is for amount you agree to pay over msrp for the mustang gt and the msrp for the shelby package. i realzie they disclose it, yet i still feel it is sneeky!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone notice the new tactic the dealers are using on ebay now, they start the auction low with no reservce then in the description they say auction is for amount you agree to pay over msrp for the mustang gt and the msrp for the shelby package. i realzie they disclose it, yet i still feel it is sneeky!

[/q

dealers have been doing that "amount over invoice for a few years now". never have agreed with that crap.

put the car on ebay, describe it correctly and honestly and let the car bring what you hope it brings. just sold our white SGT to a dealer for MSRP

thanks

michael

I've never seen that before. What a pant load.....

Archived