TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Different Dash Panel?!

daniels6122

Just want to clear things up. I notice on Ebay there are many Shelby GT( seems like it's every other listing is a Shelby GT). My dealership suppose to get one in sometimes next week. But online I was looking through there are different Dash Pannel. I personally like and hope my dealership gets the one Ford called" Woven Charcoal Aluminum" the darker one that looks like carbon fiber. Also there are some that has the silver pannel. When Shelby Auto took these cars in did they purposely took both panel accents?! or it was just get whatever they can? Also i have seen one that has Navigation on it. Again is that something they got from a "upgraded car" from Ford? Again still searching for production number 61, hope it's not in someone's garage already :)

Just want to clear things up. I notice on Ebay there are many Shelby GT( seems like it's every other listing is a Shelby GT). My dealership suppose to get one in sometimes next week. But online I was looking through there are different Dash Pannel. I personally like and hope my dealership gets the one Ford called" Woven Charcoal Aluminum" the darker one that looks like carbon fiber. Also there are some that has the silver pannel. When Shelby Auto took these cars in did they purposely took both panel accents?! or it was just get whatever they can? Also i have seen one that has Navigation on it. Again is that something they got from a "upgraded car" from Ford? Again still searching for production number 61, hope it's not in someone's garage already :)

I think it has to do with the optional interior upgrade package. I think if you get that option you get the brushed aluminun panel and then the woven carbon fiber look panel is a no cost change you can make to the interior up grade package. I suppose you will probably see three different dash inserts, stock, aluminum and woven. I ordered the option package with the aluminum insert, it kind of looks like the 67 dash that way.

These are options under the Interior Upgrade Package. Not all dealers ordered it for some crazy unknown reason so sometimes you'll just see black plastic. DUMB. The navigation option (which I bought) is a new for 2007 option on the mustang. Be aware however that you can't get the equivalent of the Shaker 1000 (which I have in my 05) if you go with Nav. Having said that though i don't think my rip MP3 CD's took advantage of the 1000 anyway so I'm not too worried. Hope that helps!

.....to add on to Matt, anything that looks different inside the car minus the dash plaque, the Hurst shifters, floor mats and door sill was ordered that way by the dealership. Those are the only interior pieces Shelby touches. You might even see one out there with the deluxe interior.

Archived