TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vanity Plates

ShelbyPilot

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just paid for my vanity plate it says CS 198

For all you california guys you can order it right online with no vin # nessesary. When you get your dealer ordered plates you just go in and have dmv change them from the old to the new vanity plates. I was suprised to see many of my choices gone already. I suugest doing it now online. Once you purchase vanity plates you can keep them when you sell the car if you want. heres the website

https://vrir.dmv.ca.gov/ipp/PerLicensePlateServlet

Hey I was wondering what people thought I just got my S-GT and have 60 days to figure it out for a vanity plate but was wondering how BUX SGT or BUX SHLB would be I can always go with SHLB661 or SGT661 But my nickname is Buck and thought that might be cool let me know what you think cars in Virginia too by the way anyone else in the area have one of these cars contact me on here would love to here what options you got on it.

Hey I was wondering what people thought I just got my S-GT and have 60 days to figure it out for a vanity plate but was wondering how BUX SGT or BUX SHLB would be I can always go with SHLB661 or SGT661 But my nickname is Buck and thought that might be cool let me know what you think cars in Virginia too by the way anyone else in the area have one of these cars contact me on here would love to here what options you got on it.

"BIG BUX" ????

"BIG BUX" ????

Slight change of pace. In NY a front plate is required, but my dealer chose not to install one, a step I agreed to. I have the front plate and a story (mounting bracket on order) should the men in blue pull me over, but I was wondering are there any legal option anyone might know about (eg how small can a front plate be?) or what others are doing? It seems a shame to mess up the front of the car.

Slight change of pace. In NY a front plate is required, but my dealer chose not to install one, a step I agreed to. I have the front plate and a story (mounting bracket on order) should the men in blue pull me over, but I was wondering are there any legal option anyone might know about (eg how small can a front plate be?) or what others are doing? It seems a shame to mess up the front of the car.

I too am from NY and am wondering what my options were here. I was thinking you could always put it on the top of the dashboard in the window. But i dont know, that looks crappy, but the only way i think to keep the plate off the front bumper and still display it

I too am from NY and am wondering what my options were here. I was thinking you could always put it on the top of the dashboard in the window. But i dont know, that looks crappy, but the only way i think to keep the plate off the front bumper and still display it

The law states that the front plate must be on the forward most part of the car i.e. front bumper ( State of Texas).

if NY is anything like Texas DPS..you will be stopped..call the DMV in your state or the state police dept

they will be able to answer the question. a tragic thing to miss up a great looking car.

....keepin mind all states are different. CA Law:

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows: (the followings don't apply to cars)

I guess theoretically you could attach it with wire ties or something as long as it doesn't "swing." In my opinion, inside the windshield would not be attached and not exempt a cite. However, that isn't an expert opinion. I will just take my chances and pay the fine if it happens. Especially dangerous in CA because you can get the cite on a parking ticket also.

hey I'm in virginia and already had the front plate attached but I know here that there are options only if you plan to have it as a show car. It will have a special plate made for the back that lets the officers know that this is a show car. However I don't know the specifics of how all that works you may not be able drive it around much and put a ton of mileage on it but its worth going to your local dmv and checking into. Also gives special insurance lowering your payment always a plus.

I was checking availability on plates and had several choices to go with.

One was "SO BAD"

Another was "GOOD COP"

Now I'm not a cop, but my thinking was cops that seen that would just "assume" that I was a cop and possibly not pull me over for speeding! he he he he!

In my State they have several different types of plates to choose from.

So low and behold I ran a check and I actually was able to get "SHELBY"

So that is what I ended up with. Can you believe it? Of all the mustangs on the road and all the collectors I couldn't believe this plate was available! So I took it!

I was checking availability on plates and had several choices to go with.

One was "SO BAD"

Another was "GOOD COP"

Now I'm not a cop, but my thinking was cops that seen that would just "assume" that I was a cop and possibly not pull me over for speeding! he he he he!

In my State they have several different types of plates to choose from.

So low and behold I ran a check and I actually was able to get "SHELBY"

So that is what I ended up with. Can you believe it? Of all the mustangs on the road and all the collectors I couldn't believe this plate was available! So I took it!

i guess i cant figure out why people put the name of the car in the license plate when the car has the name on the back

• 2 weeks later...

i guess i cant figure out why people put the name of the car in the license plate when the car has the name on the back

thanks dude, i guess sometimes the answer is right in front of you i just snagged

07S GT CA Plate :)

page you know, what ever pic i see of the s-gt its look awesome even with that car cover lying on the floor,lol

thanks for sharing

thanks dude, i guess sometimes the answer is right in front of you i just snagged

07S GT CA Plate :)

page you know, what ever pic i see of the s-gt its look awesome even with that car cover lying on the floor,lol

thanks for sharing

I may be redundant in my use of "Shelby" but I would never leave a car cover on the ground. That was a bag with Scott's Turf Builder I need to put on the lawn once I stop playing with my SGT.

Archived