TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool GT500 Commercial

90GT

Seeing the 07 running next to the 68 made me cringe. The styling on the 68 makes the new one look like a box. :cry:

Seeing the 07 running next to the 68 made me cringe. The styling on the 68 makes the new one look like a box. :cry:

I thought it showed just how dated the 68 looks. Modern tune of a classic theme so to speak...

I really liked the commercial. Would like to find a downloadable full resolution copy.

Thought the vision of the '68 driving into the 2007 model was appropriate. I'll bet the old model could fit within the skin of the new one.

I thought it showed just how dated the 68 looks. Modern tune of a classic theme so to speak...

I really liked the commercial. Would like to find a downloadable full resolution copy.

The 07 looks great to me- make no mistake about that! Problem is... I guess I'm still stuck in the early 70's. Culturally, I still like pretty much everthing about the decade from about '65 to'75 better than today. The cars, the music...etc... Pay no attention to me. But, honestly look at the rear ends of both cars and tell me the 07 is cooler.

The 07 looks great to me- make no mistake about that! But, honestly look at the rear ends of both cars and tell me the 07 is cooler.

+1 Its all about those full hips gents. :wub: A lady has hips, a girl has hopes. The rear of this car has been the biggest problem all along. The restyle is rumoured to address this.

Is that you Evilchris?? :hysterical:

Naw, it's 150- and I even started a thread defending and praising the worthiness of the 07! But when I saw the rear end of that 68 runnin' down the highway, I just thought... SEXY! That's a cool look, and I agree with jet- the car could have benefitted with a few curves here and there!

BTW- I'm likin' the new EC. Thanks for trying to get along better there echris! :party:

The 07 looks great to me- make no mistake about that! Problem is... I guess I'm still stuck in the early 70's. Culturally, I still like pretty much everthing about the decade from about '65 to'75 better than today. The cars, the music...etc... Pay no attention to me. But, honestly look at the rear ends of both cars and tell me the 07 is cooler.

Well, you know I'm biased to the '68 :) even tho I really do like the '07.

And the music, well, what can I say -- with a few exceptions the 70s rule!

The '07 with wide, tapering '67-like or chambered '68-like sequential signals would be great!

Well, you know I'm biased to the '68 :) even tho I really do like the '07.

And the music, well, what can I say -- with a few exceptions the 70s rule!

The '07 with wide, tapering '67-like or chambered '68-like sequential signals would be great!

-I liked seeing the 2 cars in the video. Too bad they had to do the little bit with the girl slamming her brakes on in front of the other. Up to that point it seemed like fairly harmless rivalry. However, I guess it was a set up for the ending.

-Having read the comments about the 68 pony I went back to review the video again. I'm not a Mustang expert, so I didn't realize there were 2 different vintages of cars. Pretty obvious on the second time through though.

>I reviewed the video with freeze frames, side by side comparisons, good front & back shots, etc. I enjoyed the cars it from that perspective. Some pretty good camera work. The 07 does look pretty good, although the 68 does have some extra nice curves in some places. I imagine the ride, roar & raw power of the 68 would be a lot different from the 07, which must be a pretty sophisticated ride in comparison.

>Some late 60's & 70's music sure could be easily adapted to compliment the video (Procol Harem (Whiskey Train)), Hendrix, Led Zepplin, etc. However it was nice that Kelly's song was either done or adapted for the video. Possibly without it the video wouldn't have been made.

-I liked seeing the 2 cars in the video. Too bad they had to do the little bit with the girl slamming her brakes on in front of the other. Up to that point it seemed like fairly harmless rivalry. However, I guess it was a set up for the ending.

-Having read the comments about the 68 pony I went back to review the video again. I'm not a Mustang expert, so I didn't realize there were 2 different vintages of cars. Pretty obvious on the second time through though.

>I reviewed the video with freeze frames, side by side comparisons, good front & back shots, etc. I enjoyed the cars it from that perspective. Some pretty good camera work. The 07 does look pretty good, although the 68 does have some extra nice curves in some places. I imagine the ride, roar & raw power of the 68 would be a lot different from the 07, which must be a pretty sophisticated ride in comparison.

>Some late 60's & 70's music sure could be easily adapted to compliment the video (Procol Harem (Whiskey Train)), Hendrix, Led Zepplin, etc. However it was nice that Kelly's song was either done or adapted for the video. Possibly without it the video wouldn't have been made.

Hey, Maliby, I see you're new here! Welcome! Hang out and have some fun... we're all pretty much mustang nuts but don't let that worry ya none, ya hear? :) Poke around -- there's a lot to see and learn.

I thought that was a great vid too. Yeah, the '68 is not nearly as refined as the '07 but they are both sweet rides in their very diff ways! But, now, they must have let at least a couple of '68s out over the bridge to Vancouver in the last 40 years! <just kiddin' ya>

At least Kelly didn't slide into a curb and bend the lower control arm in this commercial (there is another vid where they had to prop the car on wood in the final scene because the driver broke the car by sliding it into a curb) -- they got smart and did this commercial where there are no curbs!

Btw, Ford is using that Kelly Clarkson tune as the theme song for their whole Bold Moves advertising campaign -- works well, I think!

Hey, Maliby, I see you're new here! Welcome! Hang out and have some fun... we're all pretty much mustang nuts but don't let that worry ya none, ya hear? :) Poke around -- there's a lot to see and learn.

I thought that was a great vid too. Yeah, the '68 is not nearly as refined as the '07 but they are both sweet rides in their very diff ways! But, now, they must have let at least a couple of '68s out over the bridge to Vancouver in the last 40 years! <just kiddin' ya>

At least Kelly didn't slide into a curb and bend the lower control arm in this commercial (there is another vid where they had to prop the car on wood in the final scene because the driver broke the car by sliding it into a curb) -- they got smart and did this commercial where there are no curbs!

Btw, Ford is using that Kelly Clarkson tune as the theme song for their whole Bold Moves advertising campaign -- works well, I think!

-Thanks for the welcome.

-It's not that uncommon to see 60's Mustangs around here, as little salt is used on the roads & the driving distances are short on the island. My son's friend's dad has one that he used to race & still drives.

Here's a Mach I replica vehicle. Scroll way down to Mustangs, and you'll see one single Mach I entry with a photo.

http://www.downsford.com/car.htm

Dave

I guess there's a market for such, but clones are not my thing I guess. That one is a little funky -- kinda like a Mach-C/S cross-breed. I do sort of like the understated low-profile qtr-panel scoops. Not too fond of the C/S high stripe though.

That song is kinda growing on me. I wish it was on a CD- it might just be the first one I would play when I take 'er out on the highway and uncork it for the first time.

Archived