TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered by Ford badge

BlackSVO

Will Shelby be selling their new Powered by Ford badge? I would love to put one on my 1948 IH pickup powered by a 302.

i hope not that way the shelby will be rare, its bad enough shelby sells the letters shelby for a mustang that means there will be a lot of fakes

Will Shelby be selling their new Powered by Ford badge? I would love to put one on my 1948 IH pickup powered by a 302.

You can find a powered by ford emblem on many websites that is similar in color and set-up to that of the Shelby emblem they are using. They were originally used on the 289 Cobras.

Nothing is wrong with people using some of the badging, remember after all, ours will say Shelby on the title....
Yours will say Ford on the title. Shelby is not issuing an MSO for these cars. I do not understand why Shelby is not taking the next step but they are opting not to.

If you want a Shelby title, buy a Series I or a Cobra or a GLH-S or a ....

robin

Yours will say Ford on the title. Shelby is not issuing an MSO for these cars. I do not understand why Shelby is not taking the next step but they are opting not to.

If you want a Shelby title, buy a Series I or a Cobra or a GLH-S or a ....

robin

I thought the car was titled as a Shelby GT. If it is not this then what is it titled as

Hi all!!!!

The Powered By Ford badges will NOT be sold to the public. These badges are exclusive to the Shelby GT only. To get a replacement badge would take alot of verification of the vehicle AND if the vehicle was in an accident, the remaining parts of the badge has to be sent back to me before I could even issue a new badge. The same goes for the striping too. Example---if you need the side stripe that says "SHELBY GT", you must first peel off the remaining stripe and send it back. Doing it this way will prevent any "authentic" type clones. I feel this is the best way to protect you and your vehicle.

Bud

Hi all!!!!

The Powered By Ford badges will NOT be sold to the public. These badges are exclusive to the Shelby GT only. To get a replacement badge would take alot of verification of the vehicle AND if the vehicle was in an accident, the remaining parts of the badge has to be sent back to me before I could even issue a new badge. The same goes for the striping too. Example---if you need the side stripe that says "SHELBY GT", you must first peel off the remaining stripe and send it back. Doing it this way will prevent any "authentic" type clones. I feel this is the best way to protect you and your vehicle.

Bud

:D

Glad to hear that!!!

Hi all!!!!

Bud

Bud, check out:

http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm

They are selling it though slightly different, I guess there is enough of a difference to avoid an issue? They do say in the description:

""Powered By Ford" Fender Emblem

NEW PART!

This emblem is back after being off the market for years. Authorized by Carroll Shelby and approved by Ford. The base is beautifully polished chrome and the brushed aluminum insert is finished with a luster that will make this emblem stand out. Features 3M adhesive tape for easy mounting anywhere."

I appreciate trying to protect the public from clones but you end up causing problems for restorers in the future. What if someone has their badges stolen or a previous owner keeps them as a souvenir? This has happened a lot with the Shelby Dodges. Any one restoring the cars cannot get that last bit to detail the car.

Devaluing the car for the lack of a $20 plaque. That doesn't seem to me as protecting the vehicle or the enthusiast

robin

I appreciate trying to protect the public from clones but you end up causing problems for restorers in the future. What if someone has their badges stolen or a previous owner keeps them as a souvenir? This has happened a lot with the Shelby Dodges. Any one restoring the cars cannot get that last bit to detail the car.

Devaluing the car for the lack of a $20 plaque. That doesn't seem to me as protecting the vehicle or the enthusiast

robin

just gIve them the seraIl number and proof and you get thebadge TO ME I LOVE THIS IDEA GREAT JOB SHELB,Y NOW WERE TALKIN RARE THANKS AGAIN

It hasn't worked for us Shelby Dodge guys in the past to get replacement plaques.

I think an open registry is the best way to protect the Marque. Any serious buyer would be able to check against the registry and determine if a car is "real" or not. So what if some one puts "Powered by Ford" badges on an IH pickup. As long as the car is not misrepresented, there is no harm.

It hasn't worked for us Shelby Dodge guys in the past to get replacement plaques.

I think an open registry is the best way to protect the Marque. Any serious buyer would be able to check against the registry and determine if a car is "real" or not. So what if some one puts "Powered by Ford" badges on an IH pickup. As long as the car is not misrepresented, there is no harm.

It's called dilution of the brand.

This is a think shelby has dealt with extensively in the recent past. Copyright. As far as I know shelby is defeating all companys that use cobra and other shelby names. Or they are paying him to use his name. It is good for us. The poor GT500 guys already have clones for sale! Ive seen at least two on the internet. As far as I know you can build your own shelby minus the name badges. I hope if someone reproduces those plates shelby puts a big texas sized boot right in thier you know what.

This is a think shelby has dealt with extensively in the recent past. Copyright. As far as I know shelby is defeating all companys that use cobra and other shelby names. Or they are paying him to use his name. It is good for us. The poor GT500 guys already have clones for sale! Ive seen at least two on the internet. As far as I know you can build your own shelby minus the name badges. I hope if someone reproduces those plates shelby puts a big texas sized boot right in thier you know what.

The badges on scott drake are different and those are available. the exact ones will not be available. We will be making plenty of parts for your cars that say shelby, in our book, to sell all the original parts will delute the brand and the cars we sell

Amy

No disrespect intended. I am a longtime Shelby owner/enthusiast. I feel you are potentially already "diluting" the brand with the part sales you already have. Just because some one puts a CS6 hood or Paxton on their Mustang, the car will not become a Shelby. It will only be a modified Mustang.

I know you want to protect your product but I feel a disservice is being done to legitimate Shelby owners. We are only trying to preserve the existing cars. We are not looking to deceive any one by building clones.

Is the current Shelby company only interested in the moment? Or will you be supportive of the vehicles that created the mystique?

robin

No disrespect intended. I am a longtime Shelby owner/enthusiast. I feel you are potentially already "diluting" the brand with the part sales you already have. Just because some one puts a CS6 hood or Paxton on their Mustang, the car will not become a Shelby. It will only be a modified Mustang.

I know you want to protect your product but I feel a disservice is being done to legitimate Shelby owners. We are only trying to preserve the existing cars. We are not looking to deceive any one by building clones.

Is the current Shelby company only interested in the moment? Or will you be supportive of the vehicles that created the mystique?

robin

I think they are already protecting the brand by limiting the key Shelby parts on the Shelby GT. The only things unique to the Shelby GT is the hood, rocker stripes, fender badge, and interior/underhood plaques . If those things are not available to the average joe (like me) then the exclusivity (real and perceived) of the car is protected and enhanced. Like was stated earlier. if you have a serial number and proof of ownership you can buy a replacement for your car. If say 20 years down the road you need to reproduce the stripes for a restoration, the hardest part is the font and that can easily be overcome (it looks like a modified cut of Frut... :) ). If you need a new fender badge, I'm sure a restorer shop can have one made pretty easily (even if they are using todays one off fabrication methods). My (and others) CS6 esque Mustang is only going to increase brand awareness by keeping the name in the public. Combine that with the esclucivity of model specific parts and the desirability of models like the Shelby GT, GTH and future possible editions is enhanced. As current model awareness is increased, so is awareness of past models, so everybody wins. The problem with the Shelby Dodges is probably gonna be that they were not based on cars that were desirable by the mass public in their own right (Mustangs vs. Omni, Shadow, etc...)

Personally I'm glad that you have to go through some serious paper work to get these stickers and badges. While I am not afraid of the Shelby vehicle being copied by the fakes, cause its a great looking car why wouldn't you want to look like the real deal, I am glad to know down the line that I have been able to get a piece of history that can't be completly copied I love my new S-Gt recieved 2 days ago and wouldn't want any other car good luck to the other mustang owners and don't worry I'm sure the future has much to offer from Shelby and Ford B)

Archived