TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who ordered the Supercharger Option ?

riharely

I ordered the supercharger. My car has undergone the Shelby GT process and is waiting for the supercharger. Last Monday I was told 3-4 weeks for the superchargers to come in.

My car is at SAI awaiting the normail SGT mods. I will be doing the S/C as soon as possible along with other stuff. I will be doing the museum delivery followed by their $500 shipping program. Very excited! From what I gather, it will have 470 hp and be around 500 pounds lighter than the GT500. FAST!

It's nice that it comes with the intercooler!

my car has the gt mods. I was told 6 weeks for the S/C. They had to wait on parts and I am sure there are folks ahead of me. i expect my car around march 31 or so.

I heard 6 weeks as well, but that was in the beginning of january, it might be 3 weeks now i dont know, would be pumped if it was only 3

Finally got my VIN and will be getting the S/C as well. I expect my car in of April or beginning of May...after the showers but still with plenty of nice weather days left!

:D

I am at SAI awaiting the conversion (arrived Feb. 8), then I will be in line for the S/C option and some other things too. Can't wait

Quote:dmag57 Posted on: Jan 28 2007, 03:01 PM

Shelby Enthusiast

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,206

Warn: (0%)

i had a gt white with shaker 1000 and the interior upgrade i gave it to my buddy qnd i got a gt 500 red with red interior and i didnt even charge him over charge him over msrp

B) Hey demag, I thought you didnt get a Shelby GT, you said you got a GT 500. Wow! did you end up getting both cars? way cool man B) Mark

....I'm a bit confused by your post dmag. Are you getting the supercharger from Shelby and having somebody else install it? Or, are you getting a Paxton from another supplier all together. From what SAI has told us their supercharger is branded with Shelby. Not a problem if you want to save money by not paying for the name I just want to clarify.

Quote:dmag57 Posted on: Jan 28 2007, 03:01 PM

Shelby Enthusiast

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,206

Warn: (0%)

i had a gt white with shaker 1000 and the interior upgrade i gave it to my buddy qnd i got a gt 500 red with red interior and i didnt even charge him over charge him over msrp

B) Hey demag, I thought you didnt get a Shelby GT, you said you got a GT 500. Wow! did you end up getting both cars? way cool man B) Mark

actualy i do ,to honor the contract and save the money and sell [t to my buddy but thanks for asking and your concern and if ] have any left over maoney ill throw i at ou LOL

....I'm a bit confused by your post dmag. Are you getting the supercharger from Shelby and having somebody else install it? Or, are you getting a Paxton from another supplier all together. From what SAI has told us their supercharger is branded with Shelby. Not a problem if you want to save money by not paying for the name I just want to clarify.

AS FAR AS I KNOW THERE IS NO SHELBY ON IT , TS JUST A PAXTON SOLD TO SHELBY AND THEY IN STALL IT MINE WOULD BE THE SAME PAXTON BOUGHT LOCALLY AND INSTALLED LOCALLY AND I TAKE THE SAVINGS

actualy i do ,to honor the contract and save the money and sell [t to my buddy but thanks for asking and your concern and if ] have any left over maoney ill throw i at ou LOL

AS FAR AS I KNOW THERE IS NO SHELBY ON IT , TS JUST A PAXTON SOLD TO SHELBY AND THEY IN STALL IT MINE WOULD BE THE SAME PAXTON BOUGHT LOCALLY AND INSTALLED LOCALLY AND I TAKE THE SAVINGS

But you reduce the car's collector value with after factory modifications not included in the registry. Ooops! There I go again not thinking out of the box! :o

But you reduce the car's collector value with after factory modifications not included in the registry. Ooops! There I go again not thinking out of the box! :o

wrong again opps i can add t to options under the shelby registery ohhh sorry right again

i guess who will know when they both say supercharger in it

.....no I don't have pictures of the "Shelby" lettering. I was taking the Presidents word for it. It was in a post a long time ago and never questined. Maybe somebody at SAI can resolve this......

RICH S., can you provide assurance if not a picture that the Shelby/Paxton supercharger has "SHELBY" lettering on it? How is it applied (plaque, engraved)?

RICH S., can you provide assurance if not a picture that the Shelby/Paxton supercharger has "SHELBY" lettering on it? How is it applied (plaque, engraved)?

They're badged as Shelby/Paxton and our installations include the Shelby Performance plate. See pics...

lefttrunk.jpg springpic.jpg

They're badged as Shelby/Paxton and our installations include the Shelby Performance plate. See pics...

post-1452-1138561283_thumb.jpg post-1452-1138561357_thumb.jpg

Rich looks GREAT, maybe put thoes up as additional pics on the parts page, so people can see the badging!!! Would you happen to have any info on how long it takes for the s/c to arrive at SAI, originally i heard 6 weeks, but it seems some people on here are saying 3-4 now. Which is correct??

Rich looks GREAT, maybe put thoes up as additional pics on the parts page, so people can see the badging!!! Would you happen to have any info on how long it takes for the s/c to arrive at SAI, originally i heard 6 weeks, but it seems some people on here are saying 3-4 now. Which is correct??

I WAS WRONG AND I ADMIT IT BUT I WILL ONLY GET IT POLISHED THAT ONE LOOKS UGLY

:) I must be missing something again. Are you getting this supercharger put on by shelby before you take deleivery of your shelby gt. I just didnt know someone could get this done on this model. If so can I get one from shelby to put on mine? I can do it myself but dont want to void the warranty. Is this possible?

.....Shelby can install the supercharger before you take delivery if you pick your car up at SAI through the Museum Delivery or if you arrange private shipping, Shelby does have the private shipping set up already. Either option will cost you an additional $500.

Last I heard the superchargers are expected to start arriving in the next 1-2 weeks. If you are going have the install and either optional deliveries done you should call as soon as you have a VIN. I have read about two owners who didn't call in time and their cars were delivered to the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't a factory or dealer "option". It's a mod from the Shelby shop that you can purchase after you own the car and have installed, by Shelby if you choose.

A Ford supercharger kit with throttlebody is about $3,400 for just the parts. So Shelby purchases the Paxton/Shelby labeled supercharger kit and installs it for how much?

Oh by the way: installing a supercharger "voids your new vehicle engine warranty". Also customizes and hybrids what is supposed to be a possible future collectors car. Not sure I would do that. <_<

Archived