TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black SGT with Polished Bullitt Wheels

CudaFly

Here are some pics of my black SGT 5 Speed (#259) with polished Bullitt rims. Had the rims added to the invoice from the dealer. Keeping the black rims and all other original parts as I make my own mods.

In case anyone is interested the Ford OEM part number for the 18 inch polished rims (without center caps) is: 6R3Z-1007-H. You can swap the center caps from the original wheels. You can also swap the Tire Pressue Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor from the originals. The TPMS straps on the factory wheels are crimped on and cannont be easily removed or re-used.

Four (4) new Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) straps and mounting brackets are needed for new wheels. The Ford part number for the TPMS 18 inch strap and bracket is: 6F2Z-1A193-E.

LOVE THIS CAR!!! The handling package is great, good power, torque, and responsiveness - exhaust sounds great too. Will be adding a bigger throttle body, under drive pulleys, and a custom tune just to get a little more (+30) RWHP. Will also be adding headers and the SAI/Paxton polished supercharger myself when I have a couple of weeks off this summer (and an extra $6K).

Shelby01.JPG

Shelby02.JPG

Shelby03.JPG

Yup,

That is how they should have left the black one. Wish I had had the nerve to order up one like yours, and just buy a set of polished wheels and store the black ones.

I've got a white car purchased (even did the financing) since the dealer had it released to them. Just hoping it gets to Shelby sometime soon...

I am however likely getting a supercharger from the get go...

Does anyone know if FORD sells the 18" chrome wheel above in a 10" width? I have seen it in aftermarket wheels places but I can't tell if FORD has that product. I would rather not have aftermarket Bullit wheels , if possible.

The car would look cool with 9's on the front and 10's on the back.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if FORD sells the 18" chrome wheel above in a 10" width? I have seen it in aftermarket wheels places but I can't tell if FORD has that product. I would rather not have aftermarket Bullit wheels , if possible.

The car would look cool with 9's on the front and 10's on the back.

Thanks!

Don't know the answer to your question about the 9 and 10 inch wheels but, just as a note, those are "polished" aluminum wheels in the pictures and not "chrome".

Ford does make OEM 18 x 8.5 "chrome" Bullitt wheels also. I don't particularly like the look of the chrome wheels myself, too much bling, but that's just a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for posting the pics of your black GT with the polished wheels. I'm going to do the same, are the wheels 18x8.5, or 18x9.5. My dealer seems to think that these cars have 9.5 wheels. The part # you gave, dealer seems to think this is for 2006 model. Thanks

Well the part number is right off of the box the polished rims came in. I'm using the boxes to store the original black rims. I think the polished 18 x 8.5 Bullitt rims may be stock on the California Special so it's entirely possible that it's a 2006 part number. You should ask someone in the Ford dealer's parts department if you want to know for sure but I am fairly certain these are 18 x 8.5 rims.

The tires that come on the SGT are BF Goodrich 235/50ZR18. The 235 means that the nominal sidewall-to-sidewall tread width is 235 millimeters or about 9.25 inches. The nominal tread width is not really an exact number and will be wider than the rim width. So 18 x 9.5 inch rims won't work with the stock SGT tires.

Hope this helps...

Well the part number is right off of the box the polished rims came in. I'm using the boxes to store the original black rims. I think the polished 18 x 8.5 Bullitt rims may be stock on the California Special so it's entirely possible that it's a 2006 part number. You should ask someone in the Ford dealer's parts department if you want to know for sure but I am fairly certain these are 18 x 8.5 rims.

The tires that come on the SGT are BF Goodrich 235/50ZR18. The 235 means that the nominal sidewall-to-sidewall tread width is 235 millimeters or about 9.25 inches. The nominal tread width is not really an exact number and will be wider than the rim width. So 18 x 9.5 inch rims won't work with the stock SGT tires.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Cudafly. This works for me, if the wheels are on yopur car, this is obviously the right part number.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived