TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else receive a weird PM

GTHERO

I got this weird message today:

Gthero, just checking to see if this emails to you only or if it emails to the forum. I have info for you but am not sure whether to put pricing online in the event SAI doesn't want this info live. Please reply and I'll email you some pricing.

It came as a personal message, did anybody else get this... Or is this just some spam

I got this weird message today:

Gthero, just checking to see if this emails to you only or if it emails to the forum. I have info for you but am not sure whether to put pricing online in the event SAI doesn't want this info live. Please reply and I'll email you some pricing.

It came as a personal message, did anybody else get this... Or is this just some spam

Probably somebody phishing.

Rounded prices

1) $6400 polished blower

2) $2400 big brakes

3) $2200 20" tires and wheels

4) $1600 GTH hood

5) $500 brake ducts

6) $500 spoiler

Not sure I understand these prices. The hood retails for $749 I can't believe it costs an additional $850 to paint and install it. This would make sense if Shelby was packing up and shipping the old hood. The spoiler though is in line with a good paint job and installation.

Not sure I understand these prices. The hood retails for $749 I can't believe it costs an additional $850 to paint and install it. This would make sense if Shelby was packing up and shipping the old hood. The spoiler though is in line with a good paint job and installation.

I can see that price, remember it needs to be striped as well then fitted to the car. Labor is expensive nowadays... these are the prices i was given in that PM from a person who contacted John

I can see that price, remember it needs to be striped as well then fitted to the car. Labor is expensive nowadays... these are the prices i was given in that PM from a person who contacted John

Hold on...I have already paid to have "a" hood striped.

As Amy said, they modify the hood that comes with the car.

Again, if SAI is STILL doing the stock hood, with scoop, and sending it along (after all we are paying for it right?) AND painting, striping, and installing the CS6 hood, I can see the price. But no one has said that.

If I JUST want the CS6 hood, they keep my old hood, they get to keep my scoop, they pretty much have a wash on the striping, but yet from what you all have said we're still charged this much?

While the length of the stripe may have a difference or 3-4" on the CS6 I can't imagine the price delta is this high. I'll have to call around and ask local Ford dealers what they would charge for to paint and install a hood.

Besides if the alterations we order aren't on the Shelby sticker it's no worth it anyway in my mind. Atleast not simple body work.

Rounded prices

1) $6400 polished blower

2) $2400 big brakes

3) $2200 20" tires and wheels

4) $1600 GTH hood

5) $500 brake ducts

6) $500 spoiler

BTW: if you were to buy all these aren't you getting dangerously close of GT500 pricing?

....they don't just do a CS6 hood instead of the standard scooped hood. All of the cars are turned into Shelby GTs before any extra modification. There is no credit for the original hood, wheels or any other parts. They are still your parts and the option is to pick them up when you pick up your car or pay SAI to ship them to you.

....they don't just do a CS6 hood instead of the standard scooped hood. All of the cars are turned into Shelby GTs before any extra modification. There is no credit for the original hood, wheels or any other parts. They are still your parts and the option is to pick them up when you pick up your car or pay SAI to ship them to you.

What a wasted opportunity.

oops! Forgot to add, that I would know all this if there was a document that outlined the modification process posted someplace. Instead we're left to get heresy, bits and pieces from different forums, etc., it really shouldn't be so difficult for a customer to evaluate a purchase decision in the thousands and tens of thousands of dollars.

What a wasted opportunity.

oops! Forgot to add, that I would know all this if there was a document that outlined the modification process posted someplace. Instead we're left to get heresy, bits and pieces from different forums, etc., it really shouldn't be so difficult for a customer to evaluate a purchase decision in the thousands and tens of thousands of dollars.

I actually was going to put togeather a FAQ from all the info posted here, to try to eliminate some of the repeat posts, stay tuned, hope to have it done in the next day or so

Archived