TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys & Ford - Baltimore Auto Show

blueshelby

My wife and I went to the Motor Trend International Auto Show in Baltimore today. They did have a red GT500 there, but no Shelby GT.

We went to the information booth and talked to a Customer Rep from Ford about Shelbys. We asked why there wasn't a Shelby GT there, and he said that Ford had not officially released the Shelby GT as of yet. They could not display a vehicle which was not officially released. There was NO information available about the GT. He did mention that until Ford released the Shelby GT, they could not do anything about it, and commented the cars were piling in Las Vegas.

It's ironic because Jewish Santa got his SGT on the 10th...but Ford hasn't "released" it yet.

Kept talking to him, and he said there would only be 2 years (2007,2008) of the GT500. When asked about the Motor Trend article about the body style of the Shelby changing in 2008, he denied it, said there was no change planned. When asked if there were 3 years for the GT500, he said no, only 2007, 2008. There would be something "different" for 2009, whether it's a Shelby or not.

He knew nothing of the GT500 KR, and kept saying all he knew was what Ford told them in September. He only got evasive when asked specific questions about upcoming Mustangs and Shelbys, saying it was possible there was something new, but so deeply buried no one officially knows about it.

Thought I'd give everyone the update as I got it from the Ford Rep at the Auto Show.

John

My wife and I went to the Motor Trend International Auto Show in Baltimore today. They did have a red GT500 there, but no Shelby GT.

We went to the information booth and talked to a Customer Rep from Ford about Shelbys. We asked why there wasn't a Shelby GT there, and he said that Ford had not officially released the Shelby GT as of yet. They could not display a vehicle which was not officially released. There was NO information available about the GT. He did mention that until Ford released the Shelby GT, they could not do anything about it, and commented the cars were piling in Las Vegas.

It's ironic because Jewish Santa got his SGT on the 10th...but Ford hasn't "released" it yet.

Well, nice to see at least the company, its reps, and its dealers, are all equally clueless! I mean at least its consistent right? I mean that's something!

Ugh....

As for everything else he said well, as they say, consider the source!

when it gets warmer there is about 150 muscle cars that go to the K-mart around 8:30 at Bel Air Rd. and Rossville BLVD. and on Friday nights there are at the Lowes off of RT. 24 in Abingdon. are you familiar with the area? I'll give you directions on how to get there

John, you said you live in the Hartford County.......is that Hartford CT? I live in the Hartford CT County....it would be good to speak with someone close by.....let me know!

sorry Guys, there was no shelby Gt there because there are only a few media cars and they are all out at events or just coming off events like NADA that ended last weekend in Vegas. Hard to get the cars back and forth to everything in short timeframes.

Amy

Archived