TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can we please stop the Shelby bashing

GTHERO

Comon people, why is everyong on this bash Shelby bandwagon. It has to stop. I have no problem with Ford bashing, they deserve most of it. They have not adequately informed their sales reps about this car.

But to bash Shelby.... I am very dissapointed. Shelby has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. They have provided us with tons of information about the car. After all they are producing the thing for us. How many other PRESIDENTS do you know that post on Onlline Forums on their own time. I bet your answer is the same as mine... ZERO. Shelby is the company making BOLD moves to communicate with customers...

Comon people, why is everyong on this bash Shelby bandwagon. It has to stop. I have no problem with Ford bashing, they deserve most of it. They have not adequately informed their sales reps about this car.

But to bash Shelby.... I am very dissapointed. Shelby has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. They have provided us with tons of information about the car. After all they are producing the thing for us. How many other PRESIDENTS do you know that post on Onlline Forums on their own time. I bet your answer is the same as mine... ZERO. Shelby is the company making BOLD moves to communicate with customers...

Well said! In my many calls to Las Vegas they have been nothing but forthcoming and straightforward. We all have to realize that this is a new car and there are going to be some growing pains and changes, but once again Shelby and particularly John Walker have been great.

I even think Ford is trying to do the right thing by marketing two cars, the GT500 and the Shelby GT right in the high 30s to high 40s market niche. These cars were suppossed to generate floor traffic in the dealerships which ultimately was suppossed to result in increasesd sales in other Ford vehicles. Cool idea , market two really appealing cars in a mid price range and increase floor traffic at the same time. So what do the dealers do they add 10 to 20 thousand markup, kill floor traffic, change the market audience and piss people off, just to get that quick profit. The unintended result is that the people paying $60,000 + for the Gt500s are not going to become Ford customers as perhaps the $40,000 customer might have. These folks are going to go up market to BMW or Porsche.

I think the real bashing should be aimed at the dealers for beeing so greedy and short sighted. Just my .02

Well said! In my many calls to Las Vegas they have been nothing but forthcoming and straightforward. We all have to realize that this is a new car and there are going to be some growing pains and changes, but once again Shelby and particularly John Walker have been great.

I even think Ford is trying to do the right thing by marketing two cars, the GT500 and the Shelby GT right in the high 30s to high 40s market niche. These cars were suppossed to generate floor traffic in the dealerships which ultimately was suppossed to result in increasesd sales in other Ford vehicles. Cool idea , market two really appealing cars in a mid price range and increase floor traffic at the same time. So what do the dealers do they add 10 to 20 thousand markup, kill floor traffic, change the market audience and piss people off, just to get that quick profit. The unintended result is that the people paying $60,000 + for the Gt500s are not going to become Ford customers as perhaps the $40,000 customer might have. These folks are going to go up market to BMW or Porsche.

I think the real bashing should be aimed at the dealers for beeing so greedy and short sighted. Just my .02

Shelby (and Ford) have pulled off almost a miracle. They brought this car to market within a few short months. Usually cars take 2-3 years to come to market. And your response? A bunch of whining. Shelby is building 6000 cars and you demand immediate answers on every single one. You complain because it takes a while to get the car delivered. It took over 2 months to get my plain jane V6 from order to delivery to the dealer. The Shelby has to be built, modified at Ford, delivered to Shelby, modified again and then shipped again. That is a lot of coordination in parts delivery and vehicle delivery. This takes time, a lot of time. Be patient!

You demand to know exactly how much profit, Shelby is making on each car. And that is your business, how? How much profit did Toyota make on that Avalon you just bought? Go on the Toyota website and demand to know, see how far that gets you.

You complain about dealer ADM and ignorant dealers. So don't buy from them. Go to the next town, go out of state, go to that little hick town with the one dealer. If the dealer is ignorant, inform them. Bring printouts, bring ordering information, bring the spcifications of exactly what you want and prepare to be flexible, they may have sold their manual allocation already or only have the other color.

The last similar opportunity to this was almost 40 years ago. Lose the bitterness, enjoy the opportunity.

If you ask me, it's more FUN anticipating the arrival of my new SGT. Personally, I hope it takes a couple of months....the anticipation is killing me.....and I love it. There are so few "things" in this life to get truly excited about, savor the moment. Soon it will be in your garage and you can savor that moment too.

As someone that has been on the receiving end of this sort of thing I feel the pain, however, it can't be a "dip your toe" in the water scenario. Honestly I think it quite possibly was a mistake for Amy to post here. She has a company to run and posting here sets unrealistic expectations. The natural tendency is to drop by and talk about or comment on things that are good! The bad...well. This becomes an issue far greater than if there had been no comment at all! From what I have read here people that have called have had great service. I have never seen a comment here otherwise. The same should be and can be true here.

Here's how:

First, assign someone to read the posts on a regular basis. This person will forward issues to the responsible person within SAI for comment, in the case of general questions, or in the case of private issues, recommend the poster contact SAI directly. As issues arise of general nature that seem to be repetitive add them to the FAQ. Doesn't take too long for others to point new people to the FAQ for you.

Second, Amy should direct her focus to important messages and making sure the operation just runs. I appreciate her input but she has a business to run and I for one would rather her focus her attention there than post here about unannounced products. For us to expect her to take an hour or more out of her day to answer or investigate questions here is unrealistic and would probably do more harm than good.

Once expectations are properly set, and the process functions with some level of consistency, people will quiet down. It's only when their expectations aren't met, unrealistic as they may be, that people complain and then things get ugly.

Having said this, I think it's pretty clear what the issues are. They all into one of two main categories. The first is "Ordering/Customization" and the second is "status". Again the VIN look-up is nice but it suffers the same fate! Too little and doesn't meet expectations. It almost would be better if there were no lookup in the sense that it tells you only enough to get raise your expectations. Your car has arrived. Ok...so what? What happens today is people take some number they have heard is the time it takes and they do their own math. Oppps! Watch out SAI! That has no basis in reality on the floor. So as soon as a customer passes the date they "expect" again, it gets ugly. I would think SAI has a scheduling system...so tie it in! People are fine with a longer than expected delivery if they know that at day 1. In fact add a few days to eventually exceed their expectations or provide for a slip. Be honest! No one expects SAI to have people sitting on the bench waiting for cars or people they can call in to scale to meet some demand bump. They do however expect some sort of expected delivery date even if it changes. I would go so far as to provide email updates as things progress or a date slips. Again, some people may just be a pain in the @ss no matter what, but I think people here are, by and large, reasonable and pretty smart. That's why we can afford a 41K Mustang! Oh wait a sec...

Anyway, oh, on the ordering front...

I would, if I managed the Ford relationship, ask for all the ordering procedures and documentation. With them craft a step-by-step and post it here for potential buyers to take with them when going into a dealership. There may be issues here with Ford and the docs etc., but if anything send a message that Ford needs to be a bit bolder in the way it support dealerships in selling this car.

There may be some good ideas here, or it may all be BS, but as an outside observer and businessman these would be my first reaction to what I have seen here these past few weeks.

Hope the comments are taken in the spirit intended...

Some of the problems reported are just that....problems. Management in any company can not watch over all the workers 24/7. When enthusiasts search out a bulletin board and post they might be 5% of the total. These are the “hardcore” Shelby guys and gals. Now if they talk about talk about a problem(s) on a company sponsored board it allows management to know about a problem so they can zoom and fix it before a problem becomes an epidemic if you will. Case in point the misaligned grill and emblem over on Brad's Mustang site http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=60059on the front of at least ONE car...maybe more.....Shelby Autos might not have found this out otherwise..... This might be the work of ONE poorly trained or unmotivated worker so by showing the problem here Shelby Autos can go back and see who did the install and who signed off on the quality control and fix the problem before it shows up on more cars…..

These boards are great to showcase products and if a manufacturer is responsive to problems outlined on a board the consumer has greater confidence in the product researched, he/she will buy said product…..

But if folks are complaining about the status of a not knowing exactly when a car is being delivered it is just a sign of the times in America, the got to have it now and if I don’t have it now....I’m complaining……the ME Generation……..

And no I don’t work for Shelby Autos…..

COBRA

POWERED BY FORD

COBRA

NINETEEN SIXTY FIVE

COBRA

OFFICIAL F.I.A. WINNER

COBRA

WORLD CHAMPION

COBRA

FOR GRAN TURISMO CARS

COBRA

SCCA 1-PROD CHAMPION

COBRA

USARC MFG CHAMPION

COBRA

NHRA & AHRA RECORD HOLDER

COBRA

POWERED BY FORD

link to Brad's Mustang Site

I agree that problems like that need to be fixed and brought to the attention of the necessary people in charge, but what I am speaking about is the unwarranted bashing of these people. Like Matt said, the problem is impatient folks who think that Shelby is some how choosing to delay their car and only their car. Part of any production process involves delays, to expect a project to be pulled off without any is unrealistic.

If you ask me, it's more FUN anticipating the arrival of my new SGT. Personally, I hope it takes a couple of months....the anticipation is killing me.....and I love it. There are so few "things" in this life to get truly excited about, savor the moment. Soon it will be in your garage and you can savor that moment too.

agreed, half of the fun for me is checking the VIN tracker 1000 times a day hoping that after 30 mins of waiting the car finally arrived!!!

Thanks Guys, We are a small group, I have posted because I dont want to have anyone else do it and take time from the work at hand. I will need to get someone who can do it fulltime, in the mean time, let me be clear...

There is never a time to be rude. If you cant state your issues in a grown up and respectful manner I will remove you from the site. This site is here as a bonus, it is not mandatory that I provide one. Please remember that and I appreciate all the support from the site members and the Mods

Amy

agreed, half of the fun for me is checking the VIN tracker 1000 times a day hoping that after 30 mins of waiting the car finally arrived!!!

:lol: Can you imagine the look on the service guy's face the first time you take your car in? He'll be writing up your paperwork and you'll rattle off the VIN number in less than a second.... :lol:

:lol: Can you imagine the look on the service guy's face the first time you take your car in? He'll be writing up your paperwork and you'll rattle off the VIN number in less than a second.... :lol:

i could rattle that sucker off from memory the first day i got the VIN :lol:

Geez, Amy! Looks like you don't need my support!!!

..But I will give it anyway!

SAI is a super rarity in today's all too anonymous corporate world. Amy is one of only 2 faces that the world sees (the other being Mr. Shelby himself) as SAI. She is one of the very few folks who take the time to answer specific requests from individuals, and not delegate these requests to others.

What does this do for the company?

She becomes representative of the image of SAI. And a shining example of what corporate heads should model themselves after. I work for a fortune 500 company. Would this happen here? Not in a million years, unfortunately.

There will always be trolls & whiners (see 'em every day), and Amy & Mr Shelby shine in spite of them. Cornballing aside (new word), this is the very reason that Caroll, Amy, and the rest of SAI shine. If you are gonna whine about a misaligned badge......well...you missed the message, and probably don't even deserve to own one.

Geez, Amy! Looks like you don't need my support!!!

..But I will give it anyway!

SAI is a super rarity in today's all too anonymous corporate world. Amy is one of only 2 faces that the world sees (the other being Mr. Shelby himself) as SAI. She is one of the very few folks who take the time to answer specific requests from individuals, and not delegate these requests to others.

What does this do for the company?

She becomes representative of the image of SAI. And a shining example of what corporate heads should model themselves after. I work for a fortune 500 company. Would this happen here? Not in a million years, unfortunately.

There will always be trolls & whiners (see 'em every day), and Amy & Mr Shelby shine in spite of them. Cornballing aside (new word), this is the very reason that Caroll, Amy, and the rest of SAI shine. If you are gonna whine about a misaligned badge......well...you missed the message, and probably don't even deserve to own one.

Very well said. I do however beleive that the poster was trying to point out the miss aligned badge to try to point out a problem SAI may be unaware of, not bash them

Very well said. I do however beleive that the poster was trying to point out the miss aligned badge to try to point out a problem SAI may be unaware of, not bash them

Thanks G, Ands thank you Crispy. I didnt see the original post, so I cant comment, but on the badge, i can tell you what might have happened. The badges are put on with a fender grid. They can not be but on wrong, but what could have happened is that the glued back was not set and when the car was loaded it was rubbed or moved. I have had a few issues with transit.

So if there are issues, we will address them, please just call the office or have the dealer do it, we at Shelby stand behind all of our products

Amy

Thanks G, Ands thank you Crispy. I didnt see the original post, so I cant comment, but on the badge, i can tell you what might have happened. The badges are put on with a fender grid. They can not be but on wrong, but what could have happened is that the glued back was not set and when the car was loaded it was rubbed or moved. I have had a few issues with transit.

So if there are issues, we will address them, please just call the office or have the dealer do it, we at Shelby stand behind all of our products

Amy

Amy there is another car on ebay that I noticed also seems to have a misaligned fender badge. Funny I noticed it when I looked at the posting. Maybe I'm just "anal" but i think it would bother me the more I looked at it yea know?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

The pic is below:

As always...thanks!

Thanks Guys, We are a small group, I have posted because I dont want to have anyone else do it and take time from the work at hand. I will need to get someone who can do it fulltime, in the mean time, let me be clear...

Hey, I'll "work for parts"... B) ...or......food. :lol: Mostly food, or anything else you have lying around the shop! :P :P (J/K) :lol:

Sure... I'll stop the bashing now that I got my car

Geez!!!! Tough crowd!!! :lol:

**Hands application over to Amy to be full time forum poster**

What do ya think, I'll take the job Amy!!! :D

Yikes! Get an idea and look what happens! <_< errrrr, I wouldn't trust this one, Amy...he/she hasn't named their price!!! :o

You know GTHERO, I wanted to build the Shebly GT5000, and Amy stopped me... :P ...now look at Steve Saleen! He stole my fire with his own edition! :rolleyes:

Oh! The horror!!!

Yikes! Get an idea and look what happens! <_< errrrr, I wouldn't trust this one, Amy...he/she hasn't named their price!!! :o

You know GTHERO, I wanted to build the Shebly GT5000, and Amy stopped me... :P ...now look at Steve Saleen! He stole my fire with his own edition! :rolleyes:

Oh! The horror!!!

I am on here virtually 24-7 and since i am an 18 year old student am always looking for ways to suppliment my income. Getting paid to be a SAI online rep seems like a dream job to me!!

I am on here virtually 24-7 and since i am an 18 year old student am always looking for ways to suppliment my income. Getting paid to be a SAI online rep seems like a dream job to me!!

send me an email to

amyb@shelbyautos.com, with your info, we will set you up as the newest "mod" I appreciate the support and help :)

Amy

I have said this before on several sites, " Go somewhere else and Hate!" as for the guy on Brad's site commenting on the badge, he had a valid point. several to be exact. and his attitude seemed to be much kinder than I noticed in previous Bouts he had with Bashing!! I am a Moderator on www.Shelbyforums.com a site started and run by Carroll's Grandson, "Randall Shelby". we do not have many Haters at all over there for some reason...They just seem to drift off. I have learned that The Haters of cyberspace are everywhere. they usually just hate life as well as themselves and are just looking for some company...! Amy has taken on a position with SAI that she probably never thought would be as colossal as it really is. she is rolling with the Punches like nobody else has in the last 5 years with SAI. not only was there unfinished Business when she came on board, but the future that lies ahead sits squarely on her shoulders. I see that my car has arrived and the Temptation to order the S/C is there, but I have not yet made the call. maybe the next time I check, it will say"Shipped to Dealer" and they will have made the decision for me!!

Info sent as requested

Thanks Amy

at least now we know your angle in starting this thread lol

PS: it aint bashing for people to air their concerns about a 38-40k car they are buying so chill w/ your naive college crap in telling people what and how they should post.

Obviously 99% of the people here love Shelby otherwise they wouldn't be here or buying the Shelby Gt. constructive criticism is a good thing for all, and Shelby seems to be listening and improving in this area every week.

PS: it aint bashing for people to air their concerns about a 38-40k car they are buying so chill w/ your naive college crap in telling people what and how they should post.

Obviously 99% of the people here love Shelby otherwise they wouldn't be here or buying the Shelby Gt. constructive criticism is a good thing for all, and Shelby seems to be listening and improving in this area every week.

oooh it is awfully chilly in here :unsure:

Think what you would like, there was no angle in starting this thread. I just volunteered to help out, since I have a passion for cars, I thought it would be something i would love to do

Think what you would like, there was no angle in starting this thread. I just volunteered to help out, since I have a passion for cars, I thought it would be something i would love to do

Let me give you a little unsolicited advice from someone that has managed a customer program for a "cult" brand like Shelby....passion will kill you in a forum like this. Passion + Passion = pissed off people. You need to realize that for many people here owning this car is a life dream. They have worked hard to put themselves in positions where they can buy a car for 40K that you keep in the garage and save to take your grandchildren out for rides in. They all have a different perspective, a different hierarchy of needs, they can't even agree on wheels and colors! They're never going to agree with you. What can do however is listen. People are understanding and can accept they may not get everything they want as long as they know you heard their concerns and did what you could to meet, and maybe even exceed, their expectations.

The flip side is many of these people will have unrealistic expectations. Sure the car is 41K MSRP loaded and sure some have paid hefty ADM, but it's a MUSTANG not a Lexus! Just because the Shelby name and some dealer greed places it in the price range of the #1 Customer satisfaction brand on the market doesn't mean the car should be measured by that barometer.

For example, I was floored when someone here posted how they were going to "inspect" the car and refuse it if it failed to meet their standards for a 40K car. Well, I've owned Lexus, and Volvo, and Jaguar, and I don't expect this car to achieve that level of fit and finish. That's just silly! SAI can do a lot but they don't work miracles! Ford doesn't move the cars designated with the 54U to some special assembly line! Again, it's a MUSTANG! America's affordable pony car?!?! Remember?

Anyway...off on a tangent there...

My point is, that to work a forum like this you need to know when to hold'um and when to fold'um. Sometimes you can respond and help, other times you just have to let it pass and die itself out. Unfortumatly, when you have passion, your opinion and your passion come out, and if they aren't aligned with your audience, Yikes! Watch out! The passions rise and, well...it's not pretty.

So be careful what you wish for...

You said it, MattChicago! I've gotten myself in a heap of trouble over the passion I have for these products, in this forum and in others. I've worked here for nearly 10 years now and I live and breathe Shelby. Heck, if you cut me I bleed Guardsman Blue!

You do have to be careful when you have this much passion for the brand and the products. That's why I'm in this forum reading and moderating several times a day but I hardly ever post. Seems like we're always battling those pesky junk posters these days but we do a pretty good job keeping on top of it, I think.

We're starting to get pretty far off topic now though. :)

You said it, MattChicago! I've gotten myself in a heap of trouble over the passion I have for these products, in this forum and in others. I've worked here for nearly 10 years now and I live and breathe Shelby. Heck, if you cut me I bleed Guardsman Blue!

You do have to be careful when you have this much passion for the brand and the products. That's why I'm in this forum reading and moderating several times a day but I hardly ever post. Seems like we're always battling those pesky junk posters these days but we do a pretty good job keeping on top of it, I think.

We're starting to get pretty far off topic now though. :)

:)

Archived