TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 gt 350?

john33

I havn't been able to find out any info on shelby's coming in the future. I have read that the SGT is a perfect compliment to the gt500 like the gt 350 did in the 60's. Why didnt they just name it the Gt350? of course it wouldnt be the same car, HP, looks etc. Any one know what is coming in the future?? It wouldnt change my mind, i love the SGT, espically seeing pictures of the car with the "Powered By Ford" emblem rather than the stand. gt, awesome!!!!!! Mine is still in route to Shelby autos. Wish they would hurry up. How much is the super charger mod.? anyone?

I havn't been able to find out any info on shelby's coming in the future. I have read that the SGT is a perfect compliment to the gt500 like the gt 350 did in the 60's. Why didnt they just name it the Gt350? of course it wouldnt be the same car, HP, looks etc. Any one know what is coming in the future?? It wouldnt change my mind, i love the SGT, espically seeing pictures of the car with the "Powered By Ford" emblem rather than the stand. gt, awesome!!!!!! Mine is still in route to Shelby autos. Wish they would hurry up. How much is the super charger mod.? anyone?

One word...horsepower...or lack there of. As for "if' or "when" Amy responded elsewhere with " love to", "no agreements in place", "will tell more if/when things change", in a nutshell.

My personal opinion is the GT350 is waiting in the wings to compete with a challenger r/t and a camaro ss/z28.

I was qouted $6200 for the superchaarger installed but I haven't see that on paper.

I've heard that Carroll Shelby is supposed to make some sort of announcement about their newest offering on the 11th (and I'm not sure exactly what month that is-Feb, March-Who Knows?). It is no doubt intended to intercept any offerings from Chevrolet and Chrysler and up the ante somewhat. The 2008 1/2 Bullitt is rumoured to be entering an agreement with SAI to undergo similar modifications that the current Shelby GT is getting now. But the Bullitt comes with some real nice stuff to start with like: 400HP DOHC aluminum block engine, c/w Ford GT supercar alum. heads (naturally aspirated), special intake and exhaust manifolds, six speed transmission, upgraded suspension and an upgraded brake package. It's also rumoured that it may also be a good foundation for a Shelby GT 350 if Ford decides to release one. It sounds exciting and I can't wait to hear what's coming next!

I would be cautios about the "11th" announcement. That seemed to come out of a youtube video last week but as it floated around the web it took a few days for people to realize the video was shot at the 2006 Barret Jackson auction in Palm Beach.

Good point. But SAI has said that there are upcoming projects involving the Mustang to be announced in the near future. Who knows what or when? Perhaps a GT350, Bullitt, Mach 1, Boss 302. It would be tough to imagine a new Mustang so close to the release of the Shelby GT (especially if it continues to the 2008 model year), but Ford is very aware of new offerings from Chevrolet and Chrysler and want to dampen the effect somewhat I would think. And Ford wants to offer comparable "horsepower shoppers" something to compete, as far as numbers go. Let's see what develops!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Okay, Amy. You've got me going now. Ford did mention a GT500KR in 2006 for the 2008 model year. Perhaps that's what you're up to and then release the Bullitt half way through 2008. Both of these cars would have their seperate identities and wouldn't affect the present limelight that the Shelby GT is currently getting. Good plan! But of course, this is just a guess on my part, but I know you're up to something. As you say, "time will make it clear". And hey Crispy, I didn't mention the Boss 429 either................

I think there's gonna be some exciting stuff come from SAI in the future. They're just getting started...........

Okay, Amy. You've got me going now. Ford did mention a GT500KR in 2006 for the 2008 model year. Perhaps that's what you're up to and then release the Bullitt half way through 2008. Both of these cars would have their seperate identities and wouldn't affect the present limelight that the Shelby GT is currently getting. Good plan! But of course, this is just a guess on my part, but I know you're up to something. As you say, "time will make it clear". And hey Crispy, I didn't mention the Boss 429 either................

I think there's gonna be some exciting stuff come from SAI in the future. They're just getting started...........

Hey......Amy didn't say anything! :lol:

I "think" she was :rolleyes: "thinking"!

Isn't this fun?!?!?

I love this stuff!!!!! ;)

Sure is good food for thought!!!!! :blink:

:D

Yes, but will the average guy be able to purchase one of these future super cars, or will they be dealer pawns, like the GT500's are now!! :angry: I'm going with the sure thing, the SGT w/SC. If history does repeat itself, it could be equivilent of the 1965 Shelby GT350 w/paxton. Which in my humble opinion is still the pre-GC(gas crisis), Shelby Mustang to have! And according to prices fetched,for these first gen. cars, I'm pretty sure I'm correct. ;)

Nyaaaaahhhhhh..............what's up Doc??? Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :P Happy to see you opted to get the S/C, I think this will be a rarely optioned option. Don't let the dealers get you down, I think you have an incredibly balanced killer on your hands. Yeah, the rarity factor is there, but don't forget to enjoy it! That's what it's made for! What other options do you plan on?

In the Feb 07 issue of Modified Mustangs magazine, there is a 4-page spread where Amy and Gary Patterson were interviewed; starting on page 50 with a beautiful GT-H. Love those paisley shoes Amy, that should be your forum picture!

On page 53, they ask Amy for a hint of the pipeline. Her response is that they've settled on 6 proposals. The first, the GT-H, they already did. The GT500 was already in the works so that doesn't count. She said the CS-6 also wasn't included since that was in-house. Therefore, there are 5 more "Proposed" items and "a few more will be unveiled this year."

Amy, please start listing magazines, articles, events and other things for us that you're doing so that we can continue the suspense among ourselves. Also, I'm in marketing, does Joe J. need any help?

If anyone wants me to scan the 4 pages, let me know. I hope it's okay. Although, since the magazine is still on the stands, it's probably best to get it for this article alone.

In the Feb 07 issue of Modified Mustangs magazine, there is a 4-page spread where Amy and Gary Patterson were interviewed; starting on page 50 with a beautiful GT-H. Love those paisley shoes Amy, that should be your forum picture!

On page 53, they ask Amy for a hint of the pipeline. Her response is that they've settled on 6 proposals. The first, the GT-H, they already did. The GT500 was already in the works so that doesn't count. She said the CS-6 also wasn't included since that was in-house. Therefore, there are 5 more "Proposed" items and "a few more will be unveiled this year."

Amy, please start listing magazines, articles, events and other things for us that you're doing so that we can continue the suspense among ourselves. Also, I'm in marketing, does Joe J. need any help?

If anyone wants me to scan the 4 pages, let me know. I hope it's okay. Although, since the magazine is still on the stands, it's probably best to get it for this article alone.

Thanks, Jerry easly is a good writer and a good Mustang entusiast. He was very nice when he came and interviewed us. as you can read, I have a very relaxed style, I own about 200 pairs of sneakers and I try to match my shirt with my sneakers every day.....lol

gary who is very conservative, finds it "amusing" lol

We will be doing other projects with FORD, I CAN NOT CHAT ABOUT IT. I am always getting in trouble! lol

So, time will reveal all.... ;)

Amy

Archived