TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any SGT's being built for 2008?

john33

From another site

---

"Guys, first, I don't know what the numbers will end up being, and I never said that the Shelby GT is one year only, I said "that is all I have a contract for right now." ...

" I can not guarantee anything. Rght now Shelby brand is doing well and we will continue down a path as a partner with Ford. "

enjoy the moment

Amy

---

Silly rabbits! :P

Last thing about this that I recall Amy saying was that they would see how sales are doing before deciding. Then, they have other projects in mind (my words, not hers) :blink:

I guess if they hurry up and finish these I'm 1 step closer to a convertible GT350. No, I don't know anything, but I know they can't build one for me if they are busy building these cars for you guys! :rolleyes: Hurry up and take delivery, would ya?!?!? ;)

Yeah, put me down for a 2008 GT350 convertible if it's made and meets Amy's "requirements" from a previous thread ("at least 400 hp", which sounds like a blown 4.6 similar to the 2003 - 2004 "Terminator" Cobra).

Sorry, 2007 S-GT owners, but if both Ford and Shelby can continue converting small-block GTs while (1)making money and (2)increasing the value of each respective brand, 2007 will not see the end of the small-block Shelby.

Yeah, put me down for a 2008 GT350 convertible if it's made and meets Amy's "requirements" from a previous thread ("at least 400 hp", which sounds like a blown 4.6 similar to the 2003 - 2004 "Terminator" Cobra).

Sorry, 2007 S-GT owners, but if both Ford and Shelby can continue converting small-block GTs while (1)making money and (2)increasing the value of each respective brand, 2007 will not see the end of the small-block Shelby.

I believe you're pretty close with your upcoming guess on the GT350. Ford is currently working on a 4.6 DOHC all aluminum engine that is normally aspirtated and pushes 400HP. Ford GT supercar heads and some other goodies offers a great starting point for a new model such as the GT350 and a Bullitt Mustang. It would also put a damper on the competition as well as early hype to make Ford's promise of a new Mustang every year.

I believe you're pretty close with your upcoming guess on the GT350. Ford is currently working on a 4.6 DOHC all aluminum engine that is normally aspirtated and pushes 400HP. Ford GT supercar heads and some other goodies offers a great starting point for a new model such as the GT350 and a Bullitt Mustang. It would also put a damper on the competition as well as early hype to make Ford's promise of a new Mustang every year.

Guys, guys, guys,

First, we are in partnership with Ford, it is going well and if the Shelby gt does well, I am sure we will discuss another year.

Also, whether or not there is another Shelby Gt has little baring on whether we do a gt350.

I will tell you this though, "IF" there is a Gt350, it will not be for a while, we have a lot on our plates right now...... time will make it all clear

Amy

Guys, guys, guys,

First, we are in partnership with Ford, it is going well and if the Shelby gt does well, I am sure we will discuss another year.

Also, whether or not there is another Shelby Gt has little baring on whether we do a gt350.

I will tell you this though, "IF" there is a Gt350, it will not be for a while, we have a lot on our plates right now...... time will make it all clear

Amy

Ahhh, the plot thickens, what do they have up their sleeves, LOL!!!

Guys, guys, guys,

Amy

Amy, I am new to the SGT thread, just wanted to know if YOU could own any of the new shelbys which one or both would you own?

One of the first articles about the Shelby GT in Car and Driver said that SAI had contracted with Ford for up to 10,000 cars. If that number is correct, and they are building 6,000 cars in 2007, then there could be another 4,000 in 2008. Guess we will have to see. :unsure:

Here are comments from the President of SAI on this issue

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...indpost&p=95021

Amy, I am new to the SGT thread, just wanted to know if YOU could own any of the new shelbys which one or both would you own?

LOL, I have been a car girl my whole life and have owned many cars. I currently own a 71 chevelle SS, a 52 ford pickup, a gt500 grabber orange and a Shelby Series 1, which in my humble opinion is the best sports car ever.

Now, back to your question, I would chose to own a shelby Gt-H, Love the colors, love the fact it signifies the renewed relationship and partnership with Ford that Shelby is building cars again.

I also am growing fond of the White Shelby GT(retail version of the Gt-H), I like it, and its amazing how well they ride. Going forward who knows, I have sold 2 other of my cars this week, to "make room" lol

Amy

LOL, I have been a car girl my whole life and have owned many cars. I currently own a 71 chevelle SS, a 52 ford pickup, a gt500 grabber orange and a Shelby Series 1, which in my humble opinion is the best sports car ever.

Now, back to your question, I would chose to own a shelby Gt-H, Love the colors, love the fact it signifies the renewed relationship and partnership with Ford that Shelby is building cars again.

I also am growing fond of the White Shelby GT(retail version of the Gt-H), I like it, and its amazing how well they ride. Going forward who knows, I have sold 2 other of my cars this week, to "make room" lol

Amy

Very cool! I too love the colors of the GTH and would have gone with that instead i went with the white.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI All:

Mustang

07 final Day To Change Specs 05/04/07

07 final Order Due Date 05/11/07

08 Order bank open 04/16/07

08 scheduling 05/17/07

08 Job 1 06/25/07

We should know soon enough!

Impressive!

Impressive!

Okay Amy,

You need to give it up car girl. If the order banks open in 45 days, you must know if there will be an 08 Shelby GT.

What's the real deal? Your with friends here and we can keep a secret, how about some "Breaking News" .................

;););)

Now I know what to do, tell the wife the car is an investment, like a '62 Latour, she's sure to come around. My point is that I would prefer to drink the wine, not look at it getting old in the bottle. With all due respect cars are generally not very good investments. I suppose if only 6000 SGT's are built, in 30 yrs, probably after I am dead, one with 5K on it will be worth a few bob and ok if a few more are built in 2008 you might not get quite as much, but so what. Ford's retro design has legs, Shelby appear to have created a car with great balance and all at a reasonable price. Drive the bloody thing and don't worry about collectability. Carpe Diem.

I said this in another thread somewhere. So forgive me if you've read it before.....

Monetary value is not the only reason why some of us may hope the Shelby GT isn't built after 2007. If it is so be it but....

A speciality car's rarity does two things. It increases its monetary value. As stated, after a looooooooong time. Second, rarity turns heads. I have yet to see a GT500 on the street. You can bet when I do I will take a long look. If I see a Shelby GT before mine, who knows what I'll do. And that is the point for some of us. Second to having a great performing car that is fun to drive the vast majority of us want a car that turns heads. You can deny it but deep down, no matter if your car is flashy or a sleeper you smile when the hot girl looks twice or a young boy has a smile from ear to ear.

That is why I hope there will not be a 2008 Shelby GT. I would rather see just 6000 Shelby GTs and let Shelby move onto building 8,000-10,000 GT350s for years and years. Just don't forget the vert for Crispy.

Now I know what to do, tell the wife the car is an investment, like a '62 Latour, she's sure to come around. My point is that I would prefer to drink the wine, not look at it getting old in the bottle. With all due respect cars are generally not very good investments. I suppose if only 6000 SGT's are built, in 30 yrs, probably after I am dead, one with 5K on it will be worth a few bob and ok if a few more are built in 2008 you might not get quite as much, but so what. Ford's retro design has legs, Shelby appear to have created a car with great balance and all at a reasonable price. Drive the bloody thing and don't worry about collectability. Carpe Diem.

I did not purchase mine for collectability, Bought it to drive, and i wanted one since i was in high school. Yes i know, they are different now then they were then but, Don't care, Looks Bitchen, Drives bitchen, hauls butt, everything about it is bitchen................Daily driver for me. I just drive more defensivly then i did before. My wife say's she is going to bury me in it.................LOL. Enjoy it! You worked hard for it!

I said this in another thread somewhere. So forgive me if you've read it before.....

Monetary value is not the only reason why some of us may hope the Shelby GT isn't built after 2007. If it is so be it but....

A speciality car's rarity does two things. It increases its monetary value. As stated, after a looooooooong time. Second, rarity turns heads. I have yet to see a GT500 on the street. You can bet when I do I will take a long look. If I see a Shelby GT before mine, who knows what I'll do. And that is the point for some of us. Second to having a great performing car that is fun to drive the vast majority of us want a car that turns heads. You can deny it but deep down, no matter if your car is flashy or a sleeper you smile when the hot girl looks twice or a young boy has a smile from ear to ear.

That is why I hope there will not be a 2008 Shelby GT. I would rather see just 6000 Shelby GTs and let Shelby move onto building 8,000-10,000 GT350s for years and years. Just don't forget the vert for Crispy.

Completely agree SoCalJafo.........

I have to agree on the fact that if you get one of these magnificant cars DRIVE IT!!! I got mine a couple days ago, now after of course driving around for a while to simply enjoy the best ride I've ever had, keeping in mind I've driven BMW's from 3 to 7 seris, sl500s and astonmartins, I read the books to know all I could about my new car. In the opening of the Shelby supplement you get a nice little history about Shelby Autos and it specifically says this "car was built to be driven" its a race car buit for the road people. There are only 6,000 for this year thats gaurenteed while cars are not the best investment though this car will give you profit in the future if you ever did wish to sell it,"only God knows why you would" and as for the future well only Carroll Shelby himself knows what will happen but more S-GTs coming in 08 I highly doubt. The good news for those who didn't grab hold of this golden opportunity is that as Amy said the realationship between Shelby and Ford has been renewed and his doing well so maybe and 350 model or something none of us expect is in the future and you'll get your chance to own a piece of American History. I thank all of the people involved with the production of this car and hope all who own one use it as it was meant to be whether on the track or the freeway drive baby drive!

Archived