TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI, Where are the S-GT floormats??

ShelbyPilot

AMY or SAI,

Some of the members cars have arrived and there are no floormats. Are they included with the vehicle? If so, where are they?????

Thank You,

Chris

according to the dealer packets sent out by ford the shelby floormats were to be included...I would upload it but this site won't let you upload PDfs.

From SAI website

http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShelbyGT.asp

Authentic Shelby design cues

.......Inside, features include ‘Shelby GT' logo floor mats and custom sill plates with Shelby GT nomenclature.

These cars better come w/ it as its been advertised by both Shelby and Ford. If not you will probably see some lawsuits.

Amy answered on another site:

"...on the floor mats, there was an error, if you look at the Ford window sticker you will notice "mats deleted" we will be receiving them shortly, we will then put a shelby medallion on them and send them out to all the dealerships.

Hope that helps"

Amy

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...851entry96851

Amy answered on another site:

"...on the floor mats, there was an error, if you look at the Ford window sticker you will notice "mats deleted" we will be receiving them shortly, we will then put a shelby medallion on them and send them out to all the dealerships.

Hope that helps"

Amy

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...851entry96851

yep, that is the answer

SVTF I don't want to sound like I am doubting again. Did you take those photos?

If so this has been a bummer day for me. I stopped by and saw #182 sitting in a showroom. For a bit, I was like a kid with my nose stuck on the candy store window. Then I saw some things that were disapointing. Now I see these pictures. A bummer day. I have not been too critical of changes like black wheels, unpainted fascia, 319HP, $37K instead of $35K, 20" wheels for the brake package but............I am just at a loss to describe how I am feeling. :(

I just vented with my wife. She doesn't have the passion and emotion for the car and offered this thought. Maybe this was just another Shelby GT that arrived without the floormats and that dealership placed that set of floormats in the car as stop gap. The gray color doesn't even seem to match. Did you ask by chance? I hope you didn't and my wife's thoughts are correct or this has just been a bummer day.

Have any of the owners with cars received their missing floormats?

SVTF I don't want to sound like I am doubting again. Did you take those photos?

If so this has been a bummer day for me. I stopped by and saw #182 sitting in a showroom. For a bit, I was like a kid with my nose stuck on the candy store window. Then I saw some things that were disapointing. Now I see these pictures. A bummer day. I have not been too critical of changes like black wheels, unpainted fascia, 319HP, $37K instead of $35K, 20" wheels for the brake package but............I am just at a loss to describe how I am feeling. :(

No, I didn't take them I cut $ pasted them from a SGT Ebay listing. I saw the same mats in the SGT I saw at the dealership. Amy had said there there was a mistake by Ford on the floor mat delete and when Shelby received them they were going to throw on a shelby medallion and ship them out to the dealers. It appears that is exactly what they did. I feel your pain brother, all the things you mentioned, plus the grill issue and now the floor mats.

No, I didn't take them I cut $ pasted them from a SGT Ebay listing. I saw the same mats in the SGT I saw at the dealership. Amy had said there there was a mistake by Ford on the floor mat delete and when Shelby received them they were going to throw on a shelby medallion and ship them out to the dealers. It appears that is exactly what they did. I feel your pain brother, all the things you mentioned, plus the grill issue and now the floor mats.

I agree. I would have preferred the embossed CS Shelby GT mats. The medallion looks like a quick fix. I understand that mistakes happen in the early process of building these cars, but it is dissapointing when there are pictures available and then things change. bla, bla bla, I'm sure it is chalked up to "specifications to change without notice" ....bla,bla. <_<

oh Well , it just makes my PSDS worse ! :lol:

.....It's not making my PSDS worse. It's making my heart break.

Until I saw the grill and now the floormats none of the other stuff bothered me. The car was 100% for me. On my way home from work I drove passed a dealership and saw one in the window. I had to stop. At first I was grinning from ear to ear. Then I saw blemishes under the stripes and the stock grill behind the Shelby Grill. I didn't notice the floormats I may go back or go by another dealership. If there aren't acceptable answers to these concerns I am going to significantly cut back by upgrade order. :(:(

.....It's not making my PSDS worse. It's making my heart break.

Until I saw the grill and now the floormats none of the other stuff bothered me. The car was 100% for me. On my way home from work I drove passed a dealership and saw one in the window. I had to stop. At first I was grinning from ear to ear. Then I saw blemishes under the stripes and the stock grill behind the Shelby Grill. I didn't notice the floormats I may go back or go by another dealership. If there aren't acceptable answers to these concerns I am going to significantly cut back by upgrade order. :(:(

Feb 3 2007, 01:38 PM Post #21

From another forum.....

Ford Fanatic

QUOTE(shelby001 @ Feb 3 2007, 12:31 PM)

The picture sure looks that its overlayed on the old grill with fog lights behind it. Could this have been a promo car done up Quickly ? Can`t believe they would do it this way it doesn`t make alot of sense.

No, the grille is replaced with the Shelby grille as I have looked all over the car. There is no room for both grilles to co-exist.

Gary

Could Gary have been wrong? Or maybe the process has been changes during production to save time and expense????

Any help here Amy? goakley?

Feb 3 2007, 01:38 PM Post #21

From another forum.....

Ford Fanatic

QUOTE(shelby001 @ Feb 3 2007, 12:31 PM)

The picture sure looks that its overlayed on the old grill with fog lights behind it. Could this have been a promo car done up Quickly ? Can`t believe they would do it this way it doesn`t make alot of sense.

No, the grille is replaced with the Shelby grille as I have looked all over the car. There is no room for both grilles to co-exist.

Gary

Could Gary have been wrong? Or maybe the process has been changes during production to save time and expense????

Any help here Amy? goakley?

I have seen pics of the Galpin Auto Sports "Boss 302" and it looks like there is another grille in front of the regular GT foglights. I'm saying, that on my car #07SGT0052, there isn't a second grille in there as I can see the radiator through the Shelby grille.

Gary

I have seen pics of the Galpin Auto Sports "Boss 302" and it looks like there is another grille in front of the regular GT foglights. I'm saying, that on my car #07SGT0052, there isn't a second grille in there as I can see the radiator through the Shelby grille.

Gary

Yes the Galpin Auto Sports Boss 302 was a one off car. I called them and they said the lights behind the grille was a special "one off" assembly they made for the SEMA project car. They don't plan to offer that to the public right now.

But , of course we are talking about the Shelby GT and it is apparanet from production pictures that two grilles could not co-exist in the car at the same time. I believe Amy answered this question before ...but I don't remember where.

.....OK, the problem is that they can exist together. I saw it yesterday on #182. The stock grill was left behind the Shelby grill. The lights were removed the pony was cut out and the bezels around the fog light opening seemed to be shaved down. The general sales manager said the fog light wires had also been left hanging looses when they received the car. Either somebody at SAI is misinformed or there is a quality control issue. Here are dome pictures from my phone, the last one is looking behind the grill by the hood latch:

I can't see anything in the pictures that points to a second stock honeycomb grill behind the Shelby grill. Since several folks have received their cars, can someone else give a report of this issue? Is there anyone that can focus a camera? :D Sorry, had to take that shot.

Diito I don't see the original grille at all. I had an '05 Mustang GT and switched the grille to a shelby like, inboard lights grille. The black plastic piece which hold the fogs and mustang emblem is one piece and fits in front of car with clips that are around the perimeter of the grille area. You have the unclip the locks and the WHOLE grille comes out I don't know what SAI is saying when they say they leave the grille in..

Anyway I just left my dealer and paid for my car so now it is a warrantee issue, right? :D

.....hmmm, maybe anybody know a good eye doctor. This picture taken from above through the hood near the hood latch you can see the black plastic making the honeycomb shape at the top. The big void of black in the middle is where the pony was cut out with Shelby grill in the back:

.....hmmm, maybe anybody know a good eye doctor. This picture taken from above through the hood near the hood latch you can see the black plastic making the honeycomb shape at the top. The big void of black in the middle is where the pony was cut out with Shelby grill in the back:

Folks,

I have to correct a wrong statement I made about the grille issue. I looked again, only deeper at the front end, and noticed the original grille is there minus the foglights and running horse. Those pieces were removed and the Shelby grille has been placed in front of it.

My mistake - I apologize for misleading everyone. The original grille is quite un-noticable from even a close position, but if you look down inside the area where the hood latches, you'll see the "honeycomb" grille work.

Gary

.....sorry to do this installments but I don't know how to put captions between each attachment. This picture is taken from the front at the center of the grill. Look past the Shelby grill. Look at the black in the top center. That is what has been left after cutting the pony out of the center. The void remaining on the right, where the radiator is visible, is the opening left by the missing pony.

.....the last picture. This is obviously taken from the front by where Shelby pony is. If you look past the Shelby grill and its verticle black frame. Look at the verticle curving black line on the middle left of the screen. That is part of the circle that goes around the stock fog light. Notice the lighter shade on the curve. That is where it appears that the foglight bezel was saved down.

If you look at the gallery, it shows the complete removal of the grill. Why would they remove the original grill only to replace it, shave it down, remove the lights and horse and put the shelby grill over it?

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/gt2/gt203-1024.jpg

My guess is this....

The photos were taken during the first few days of production, turns out removing the grill was taking too much time and causing a bottleneck in the process. The decision was made to leave the original grill in place, modify it and put the shelby grill over the top of it.

Gary has had his car for weeks now, (likely spent an inordinate amount of time just staring at it,) had said in previous posts, most recently this morning that the original grill was gone. It took all of us who don't have our cars yet worrying about it to get Gary to take another "closer" look at it to even notice that it was there.

My take on the grill.....

No big deal.

Now the floormats....

That is a BIG disappointment. I was on my way to buy another set of stock GT all-weather floormats so I could protect the original shelby mats. I think I will reverse that priority and let the shelby mats wear out and keep the stock GT mats for "dress-up".

I think that was a corner that was cut.

On the bright side.....

:o I TAKE DELIVERY AT SAI MUSEUM NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! :o

JUST PICKED UP OUR SHELBY GT BLACK #391 , SHELBY WEBSITE SAID STILL THERE IT GOT THERE ON 1-14-07AND DEALER CALLED TWO DAYS AGO WAS TOLD CAR WAS NOT STARTED YET , BUT GOT A SUPRISE TODAY CAR IS HERE 2-15-07 SHELBY FLOORMATS WERE IN TRUNK , SHELBY GRILLE IS OVER GT GRILLE ONLY LET DOWN . THE CAR IS AUTOMATIC AND A BLAST TO DRIVE ALSO GREAT MSRP PRICE :)

JUST PICKED UP OUR SHELBY GT BLACK #391 , SHELBY WEBSITE SAID STILL THERE IT GOT THERE ON 1-14-07AND DEALER CALLED TWO DAYS AGO WAS TOLD CAR WAS NOT STARTED YET , BUT GOT A SUPRISE TODAY CAR IS HERE 2-15-07 SHELBY FLOORMATS WERE IN TRUNK , SHELBY GRILLE IS OVER GT GRILLE ONLY LET DOWN . THE CAR IS AUTOMATIC AND A BLAST TO DRIVE ALSO GREAT MSRP PRICE :)

Glad you like the car!!

On the Grill, We take out the factory grill and cut out the center and use only the frame, we then install our center to the factory frame. We are in the process of making a whole new frame, so we can cut down on install time.

Amy

Glad you like the car!!

On the Grill, We take out the factory grill and cut out the center and use only the frame, we then install our center to the factory frame. We are in the process of making a whole new frame, so we can cut down on install time.

Amy

Just think kids, years from now we will be able to discuss how the "Early Shelby GT's" had the original grille still in place.......

:(

....I am sorry but that is a huge disappointment and it goes right along with the floormats. I have been the biggest supporter of these cars. I have defended against GT500 people who said for a few more thousand you could have a 500HP car with more of a pedigree name, "GT500." I have defended against Mustang owners who have said you are only paying for a name. I don't agree with them but that was fine with me.

Now my rose glasses have been shattered. SAI/Amy, I am hugely disapointed right now. In a rush to get these cars out you have cut corners big time. Yes, granted preproduction cars are rarely the same as the production cars. But floormats aren't delivered. Then, Instead of the nice embroidered floor mats that were shown we get a metal plate applied onto our stock floor mats. They don't even say "Shleby GT." Oh, but I was told I could buy an embroidered set from the Shelby store. Sure another $230 for SAI.

Next, where this thread got moved to is the grill. In a rush to get these cars out. SAI decided to use a mickey mouse way of cutting out the old grill and using its frame to mount the new frame. Oh, but they are designing a frame for their grill so that won't be the case. Unlike other members, I saw the stock grill almost immediately from the front of the grill. Granted, I was thinking to look and most admirers won't. But the Shelby fans and judges will. I don't think the amusing stories years from now makes up for a lack of design and execution.

SAI/Amy, if you can't turn 60 quality cars out per day, slow down your production and do what you can. Heck, the car I looked at even had bubbles or substances under the stripes. For the MSRP plus the dealers ADM, I would pass on that car and go look for another. :angry:

Respectfully,

Chris

Archived