TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automatic Classic Shelby Mustang

TG Falcon

Hello, My name is TG and im new. I have cerebral paulsy so I drive with my left foot (it affects my right side more then my left) I was simply wondering if any of you know two things. One did Shelby make any automatic classic shelby's (I define as 65-67) and two do u know how much a conversion from a manual to automatic will run as well as suggestions on what sort of automatic tranny will best deal with the power. I can also drive a cluchless manual if those trannys are a better bet. One last thing does anyone know if any automatic shelby mustangs were made in the 2007 run. Thank you for all your help. I love Shelby and just wanna know if my dream of owning one is realistic.

'66 and '67 Shelby Mustangs were available with an automatic. The new 2007 Shelby GT is also available with an automatic.

There are other Shelbys that had automatics also. So your dream is realistic, just decide what you can afford to spend. That will help decide which model to shop for.

robin

'66 and '67 Shelby Mustangs were available with an automatic. The new 2007 Shelby GT is also available with an automatic.

There are other Shelbys that had automatics also. So your dream is realistic, just decide what you can afford to spend. That will help decide which model to shop for.

robin

agreed, also the new Shelby Gt come in automatics as well

Amy

Additionally, any transmission place or good mechanic worth their weight could do a manual to auto conversion on a classic Shelby.

As stated, Shelby GT has an automatic.

Funny thing, I read an article (about 2 weeks ago) about a company in California that is converting GT500s for Automatic and transmissions, or with fully hand-controlled standard transmissions.

"California man makes manual tranny sports car accessible again" was the name of the article.

I read it in last week's Autoweek, and here's the link:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...=73271956291136

I hope this helps, let us know how you make out!

Chris

Archived