TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automatic Classic Shelby Mustang

TG Falcon

Hello, My name is TG and im new. I have cerebral paulsy so I drive with my left foot (it affects my right side more then my left) I was simply wondering if any of you know two things. One did Shelby make any automatic classic shelby's (I define as 65-67) and two do u know how much a conversion from a manual to automatic will run as well as suggestions on what sort of automatic tranny will best deal with the power. I can also drive a cluchless manual if those trannys are a better bet. One last thing does anyone know if any automatic shelby mustangs were made in the 2007 run. Thank you for all your help. I love Shelby and just wanna know if my dream of owning one is realistic.

Hello, My name is TG and im new. I have cerebral paulsy so I drive with my left foot (it affects my right side more then my left) I was simply wondering if any of you know two things. One did Shelby make any automatic classic shelby's (I define as 65-67) and two do u know how much a conversion from a manual to automatic will run as well as suggestions on what sort of automatic tranny will best deal with the power. I can also drive a cluchless manual if those trannys are a better bet. One last thing does anyone know if any automatic shelby mustangs were made in the 2007 run. Thank you for all your help. I love Shelby and just wanna know if my dream of owning one is realistic.

Hay tg

I don't know about the early shelby but alot of the regular Mustangs had a c4 3 speed in them and I dont think it would be a problem converting them over however I know for certen that the 2007 gt500 only has a t6 transmission and a automatic is not an option.

good luck with your search

Art

From: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z7329/default.aspx

"There was little changed to the GT350 during the 1966 year. Peter Brock, Shelby's designer, came up with some simple modifications that slightly changed the aesthetics of the car but improved its capabilities. Air-intake scoops were added to force air to the rear brake pads which aided in keeping them cool. The C-pillar sail panel was removed and replaced with triangular windows. Four colors options were added to give the Mustangs a little extra flavor. The rear seats could now be installed as optional equipment and were given the functionality and flexibility of folding down. This allowed them to continue to qualify for sports car racing in SCCA while providing versatility while not at the track. An automatic was also optional though it slightly took away from the appeal of the sports car."

Ford has required that every other 2007 Shelby GT obtained by a dealer will be an automatic.

If that doesn't work out, you can always have V6 or GT converted to a Shelby CS6 or CS8. It won't have a dash or engine plate (neither does a GT500) but it will be a Shelby.

Archived