TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Wheels

07shelbygtguy

I saw the first serial number Shelby GT auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson. It was black with black wheels. All of the pictures I have seen to date show both the black and white cars with polished aluminum or chrome wheels. I do not like the black wheels. Can you choose the aluminum wheels as an option on a black car? I have ordered a black Shelby GT and would prefer to change the wheels.

I saw the first serial number Shelby GT auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson. It was black with black wheels. All of the pictures I have seen to date show both the black and white cars with polished aluminum or chrome wheels. I do not like the black wheels. Can you choose the aluminum wheels as an option on a black car? I have ordered a black Shelby GT and would prefer to change the wheels.

No, all the black cars have black wheels put on at the factory. You could probably pick up a set of silver/chrome wheels pretty cheap on ebay. Another source for them would be the tire rack (thetirerack.com) Give them a call, they usually have some factory take off wheels from people who trade them in for custom wheels. A side benefit is you will have a perfect set of original black wheels to put back on the car if you ever sell it. No curb rash!

......eventually, you may even finnd Shelby GT owners selling theirs. Especially those who have the brake package installed since the 18" won't fit over the brakes.

The pictures that are shown of the black cars with silver wheels is the prototype. All production can has black wheels on the Black Cars and silver wheels on the white car.

The cars can not be ordered differently. If you change the wheels I suggest you keep the originals as the car is more valuable with original parts

Amy

• 3 weeks later...

I am another person who would prefer the silver/chrome/polished wheels rather than the black on the black GT.

Is there anyone out there ordering a white GT that would be willing to trade me? Or, is there anyone with a white GT that is getting the upgrade wheels that would be willing to trade? I will be ordering my black Shelby GT next week. As soon as I get a VIN, I will be working with John for options and the museum pickup. That's when I hope to be able to meet with another buyer who can make the trade. My further hope is to get this put in the registry and have pics of the silver wheels while still at Shelby.

AMY, can you please look into this as an option AT SHELBY rather than a Ford issue? It seems that there are enough interested. Can't you even work with a wheel supplier and charge us? We want the silver look, but with Shelby factory authenticity. Are there any people ordering the white GT with the upgraded wheels that aren't asking for the original wheels to be shipped to them?

Also, John has been super awesome to work with.

While I have you Amy, I was at your facility a year ago. I don't remember off hand, but I think the front dimensions of the building (your portion) was around 400 feet. Why didn't you guys call this a Shelby GT400 based on the building front dimension like you did in Los Angeles with the GT350 back in the day?

I am another person who would prefer the silver/chrome/polished wheels rather than the black on the black GT.

Is there anyone out there ordering a white GT that would be willing to trade me? Or, is there anyone with a white GT that is getting the upgrade wheels that would be willing to trade? I will be ordering my black Shelby GT next week. As soon as I get a VIN, I will be working with John for options and the museum pickup. That's when I hope to be able to meet with another buyer who can make the trade. My further hope is to get this put in the registry and have pics of the silver wheels while still at Shelby.

AMY, can you please look into this as an option AT SHELBY rather than a Ford issue? It seems that there are enough interested. Can't you even work with a wheel supplier and charge us? We want the silver look, but with Shelby factory authenticity. Are there any people ordering the white GT with the upgraded wheels that aren't asking for the original wheels to be shipped to them?

Also, John has been super awesome to work with.

While I have you Amy, I was at your facility a year ago. I don't remember off hand, but I think the front dimensions of the building (your portion) was around 400 feet. Why didn't you guys call this a Shelby GT400 based on the building front dimension like you did in Los Angeles with the GT350 back in the day?

Have you checked into having the black wheels polished out? I would think it would be relatively cost effective. I think they could get the paint off and then polish out the wheels.

Thanks for the good info but I want mine to be Shelby-factory-original. I don't want to buy from someone else but Shelby. And I don't want to do anything else to my Shelby unless it is from or blessed by Shelby (via the registry) - except for any potential work done by Tasca Ford which is my local dealer and has a history with the King of the Road and Cobra Jet engines.

The cars can not be ordered differently. If you change the wheels I suggest you keep the originals as the car is more valuable with original parts

Amy

Amy, If we provide shipping information and money, SAI will ship all the original parts back to us taken off the SGTduring aftermarket modding by SAI, (stock brakes, stock wheels etc...) Correct??

The pictures that are shown of the black cars with silver wheels is the prototype. All production can has black wheels on the Black Cars and silver wheels on the white car.

Amy

I realize the black cars are supposed to come w/ black wheels but when I ordered my black car I was ordering a car from very limited prototype info. Would SAI be willing to install a silver set that are take offs from a 20" wheel upgrade for a labor charge ? I too am interested in modifications done only at SAI. If it is done at SAI then the car has proper pedigree. Thanks, Rick

Amy, If we provide shipping information and money, SAI will ship all the original parts back to us taken off the SGTduring aftermarket modding by SAI, (stock brakes, stock wheels etc...) Correct??

Hi, I will ship the big pieces back , like wheels and the hood, we do not return brakes , shocks, etc.....

that would be just too much work and stuff to hold. sorry

Amy

I realize the black cars are supposed to come w/ black wheels but when I ordered my black car I was ordering a car from very limited prototype info. Would SAI be willing to install a silver set that are take offs from a 20" wheel upgrade for a labor charge ? I too am interested in modifications done only at SAI. If it is done at SAI then the car has proper pedigree. Thanks, Rick

I would need a little more info on this. I will do what ever I can to help, so will the team

Amy

Hi, I will ship the big pieces back , like wheels and the hood, we do not return brakes , shocks, etc.....

that would be just too much work and stuff to hold. sorry

Amy

I would need a little more info on this. I will do what ever I can to help, so will the team

Amy

Amy, thank you. I will be paying full cash Monday or Tuesday. I am looking forward to meeting you, John, hopefully Carroll and the gang when I arrive for my museum delivery.

Also, I'm looking forward to you reading my comment about your paisley shoes in the topic - Shelby GT 500 Dealer Markup. Great article by the way.

2007 Shelby GT

First Press Photos

These pictures are where I ordered my car from. It is not the end of the world to have the black wheels but I am trying to put some Shelby authorized "bling bling" on the car and the silver wheels would really help. Thanks,Rick

.....but Amy the original wheels won't fit over the Shelby brake package, correct?

and

The registry will show that a car left SAI with optional wheels, won't it?

Correct, when I said a car is more valuable with them, I didn't mean on, sorry. I suggest if you upgrade the wheels, and brakes, you keep the original wheels in storge. the registry will show the options , but if done by use, the registry will show that we upgraded the car and it is offical.

Amy

2007 Shelby GT

First Press Photos

These pictures are where I ordered my car from. It is not the end of the world to have the black wheels but I am trying to put some Shelby authorized "bling bling" on the car and the silver wheels would really help. Thanks,Rick

Rick, I completely understand, but that car was the phrototype. sorry

Amy

Correct, when I said a car is more valuable with them, I didn't mean on, sorry. I suggest if you upgrade the wheels, and brakes, you keep the original wheels in storge. the registry will show the options , but if done by use, the registry will show that we upgraded the car and it is offical.

Amy

Rick, I completely understand, but that car was the phrototype. sorry

Amy

2:12AM? Ummm....not bad! You made it home 12 minutes after "last call"! Must have a fast car!

:P

....lol, matt you must of had a good time before last call. Her post was at 12:12 AM, twelve minutes after midnight....have another :D

.....besides I don't ever remember hearing last call in Vegas.

Awww..the Forum must time stamp adjust by time zone! For me, Central time, it says she posted at 2:12AM. I always thought the post time was the time of the poster when submitted.

And yes, you are correct sir, there is no "last call" in Vegas! ;-)

Archived