TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ummmm, what is this??

crispy23c

Saw this on ebay, claims it's a ~2007~ GT-H:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

Claims he does not want to mis-represent anything. Like a dealer has ever done that on ebay! :blink: :lol:

He further goes on to claim: "This is a special ordered Mustang that was built in the plant to be a Retail Shelby Hertz Mustang. This car has everything from the factory needed for this Mustang, just that it has not been sent to Shelby to get the appearance package. As a result of this, this makes this a very rare vehicle. We are not trying to misrepresent this item... "

So I emailed him:

Do you have actual documentation that this is a 2007 GT-H -- a real Shelby Hertz car? You say in your ad--- This is a special ordered Mustang that was built in the plant to be a Retail Shelby Hertz Mustang. This car has everything from the factory needed for this Mustang, just that it has not been sent to Shelby to get the appearance package. As a result of this, this makes this a very rare vehicle. We are not trying to misrepresent this item...

This looks like it is a Shelby GT (at best) or a California Special without the stripes. This would be very mis-leading, to say the least. So...What is it???

Waiting for his response...

Looks to me like a (debadged) 2007 California Special (GT/CS). Appears to be otherwise stock (nav option is interesting). He could turn it into a "replica" GT-H by adding the Ford Racing Power Pack, Ford Racing Handling Pack, and Ford Racing Exhaust X-pipe - all available from Ford Racing dealers or distributors. Of course, you'd also need the CS6 Fiberglass Hood and pin set available from SAI. Then add the stripes and purchase the rear deck SHELBY letters and Shelby GT grill direct from SAI.

He won't be able to get the Hertz fender plaques, the Hertz GT-H door sill plaques, or the Shelby dash, under-hood, (or trunk) plaques. No official documentation either.

Another couple of clues it's not authentic....

The Navigation was not offered as an option until 2007 models.

The transmission is a manual. No GT-H's were released to Hertz for rental with a manual tranny.

(I heard a couple were made by SAI, but they went to the Man himself and a lucky Hertz Exec).

Anyway... my 2 cents.

Looks to me like a (debadged) 2007 California Special (GT/CS). Appears to be otherwise stock (nav option is interesting). He could turn it into a "replica" GT-H by adding the Ford Racing Power Pack, Ford Racing Handling Pack, and Ford Racing Exhaust X-pipe - all available from Ford Racing dealers or distributors. Of course, you'd also need the CS6 Fiberglass Hood and pin set available from SAI. Then add the stripes and purchase the rear deck SHELBY letters and Shelby GT grill direct from SAI.

He won't be able to get the Hertz fender plaques, the Hertz GT-H door sill plaques, or the Shelby dash, under-hood, (or trunk) plaques. No official documentation either.

Another couple of clues it's not authentic....

The Navigation was not offered as an option until 2007 models.

The transmission is a manual. No GT-H's were released to Hertz for rental with a manual tranny.

(I heard a couple were made by SAI, but they went to the Man himself and a lucky Hertz Exec).

Anyway... my 2 cents.

Guys it's neither. The vin tells me it wasn't ordered to come here either. When you order the 54U package, the car automatically gives you a different vin and it come directly to us. It looks like a CS to me without stripes

Amy

Archived