BE RECIEVING A SHELBY GT500 THIS YEAR 2007. I WAS # 3 ON THE LIST

ACCORDING TO MY DEALER :

FULL SVT = 2 SHELBYS

PRESIDENT= 1 SHELBY

FOCUS SVT= 1SHELBY

THE AMOUNT TO BE BUILT 7000 TO 7500

I DON'T WANT TO RUIN YOUR HOPES BUT THE ALLOCATION LEFT

FOR ALL THE FORD DEALERS MAYBE BE ONE AT THE MOST AND IF

YOUR A SMALL DEALER YOU MAYBE LIKE ME SHIT OUT OF LUCK.

ALL DEALERS THAT GET CERTIFIED GET THERE CARS FROM SHARE OF THE NATION

LOOKS LIKE THE SHELBY WAS A WAY FOR FORD THE TEASE THERE LOYAL MUSTANG

BUYERS.

ACCORDING TO MY DEALER :

FULL SVT = 2 SHELBYS

PRESIDENT= 1 SHELBY

FOCUS SVT= 1SHELBY

There's still an opportunity for the share-of-the-nation. Apparently, there is a meeting in Las Vegas sometime in August where they will be distributed. I wish I could get more specific information about this. (Five-oh-B, Isellford...little help, please! :sos: )

Apparently the dealer has to be present in order to be eligible. As I put it elsewhere, the price of a round-trip plane ticket and hotel room would be recovered easily when they sold the unit.

also

If I am not mistaken ... All certified dealers will get 1 allocation from Job1 prior to any "Share of Nation" allocations being distributed. It's also possible that a certified dealer can get another car through that same "Share of Nation" allocation process.

I agree with awatters. Dealers paid their $1500 to FoMoCo. If they don't get a car the poop will hit the fan.

Again, the Darryl Hazel letter explains it.

Certifying = 1 car

Pres Award = 1 additional car

SVT focus = 1 additional car

Full SVT 2 additional cars

Share of Nation = whatever is left will be divied up.

So SVT Focus dealer gets 1 car for certifying and 1 car for being an SVT Focus Dealer for a total of 2 cars. Depending on how they divide up the share of nation cars, they may get additional car(s).

Folks, Ford will make enough of these cars. Don't fall for the hype.

Again, the Darryl Hazel letter explains it.

Certifying = 1 car

Pres Award = 1 additional car

SVT focus = 1 additional car

Full SVT 2 additional cars

Share of Nation = whatever is left will be divied up.

So SVT Focus dealer gets 1 car for certifying and 1 car for being an SVT Focus Dealer for a total of 2 cars. Depending on how they divide up the share of nation cars, they may get additional car(s).

Folks, Ford will make enough of these cars. Don't fall for the hype.

The list of cars received has one car to many from Dealer information that I have seen. The Dealer that received 2 car for SVT will not get another car for SVT Focus. We had a Dealer in are town that thought he would get both, and turn out to be only 2 for SVT.

The list of cars received has one car to many from Dealer information that I have seen. The Dealer that received 2 car for SVT will not get another car for SVT Focus. We had a Dealer in are town that thought he would get both, and turn out to be only 2 for SVT.

Right. The Full SVT dealers don't get an additional car for Focus. That actually reads SVT Focus Only dealers. There are a handful of Ford dealers that sold SVT Focus, but, no other SVT cars.

I'm confused.

I thought PA get first round; then SVT full-line; then SVT Focus; then other Certified.

Beyond that, does it go around that list again? How can some dealers in Texas be twlling folks they have 10 coming and first 6 are already sold. My understanding is it goes around that list again and again until the dealer runs out of allocation based on the number of V6 mustangs they commit to purchase. Number of GTs will be a restricted to a max of 51% of production (but demand will likely be higher). GT500 did not state any max; it stated "is set at 10% of total production."

So the 7,000-7,500 has to be BS. Ford has already committed to 9,000 and at 10% of production would seem to indicate at least 12,000 (possibly 15,000 or more).

I think this is just a case of a dealer who knows less than the customers, or is trying to create a sense of urgency and milk the ADMs, knowing there won't be any ADMs later on. Our local (rural) PA dealer is getting at least 3 (all spoken for at high ADM, of course).

sorry dude hes feeding you a line about the 7k-7500. Its more like 9k a year per head of ford marketing last weekend.

Roger

Although we all know the 9k is more accurate, I wouldn't go so far as to accuse all dealers of lying on this issue. I think some will lie, but I think the majority simply have OLD INFORMATION about the production numbers...they don't read stangsunleashed 5x per day like we do. :hysterical:

Let me give you an example. Last year I told someone that Pluto was the farthest planet from the sun. They said "no it's not". I said "yes it is"...and this went on and on. Lo and behold, it appears that Pluto's orbit actually takes it in closer to the sun than the next farthest planet Neptune. You see, when I was in high school, Pluto WAS the farthest planet from the sun....but since 1979 it has not been. Effective February 11th, 2006, Pluto is AGAIN the farthest planet, and it will be so for the next 228 years (see the link below).

The point is, I had OLD INFORMATION....so I was wrong. I wasn't lying to the guy. I believe many of the Ford dealerships are in the same predicament. They also may tell you that the car only has 475 horsepower. :hysterical:

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publis...ticle_646.shtml

Dave

I RECIEVED A CALL FROM MY DEALER TELLING ME THAT I WOULD NOT

BE RECIEVING A SHELBY GT500 THIS YEAR 2007. I WAS # 3 ON THE LIST

I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm #3 at a small SVT dealer with a deposit down for MSRP. He is also telling me that they will now only get 2 for '07.

What happened? As little as a month ago, SVT was telling everyone that *all* SVT dealers would get at least 3.

So, I'm being patient in the hopes that:

A: The dealer is is being straight up and hasn't had a huge ADM offer for my car.

B: That if he is getting only 2 for now, that he gets another one though share of the nation and calls as promised.

C: If he doesn't get any more I hope that I'll be patient enough to wait for an 08. By my account, I should be first in line for an 08 with no discussion needed on that point.

A little more info in my intro post:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...=457&st=220

Later,

David Cole

Although we all know the 9k is more accurate, I wouldn't go so far as to accuse all dealers of lying on this issue. I think some will lie, but I think the majority simply have OLD INFORMATION about the production numbers

I am hardly a dealer fan, however why do we really expect them to have any better info than we have through our dedicated sources here? It's not like Ford has been attentive to this issue yet, is it? The critical thing is is how your salesperson reacts to any additional info you may have. If they are aware, as in the past, that SVT purchasers are expected to know more than the salespeople they hire for the sale, they would be honestly interested in finding out more info to the benefit of both parties. That was the idea behind having a specific salesperson to deal with enthusiasts.

I am hardly a dealer fan, however why do we really expect them to have any better info than we have through our dedicated sources here? It's not like Ford has been attentive to this issue yet, is it? The critical thing is is how your salesperson reacts to any additional info you may have. If they are aware, as in the past, that SVT purchasers are expected to know more than the salespeople they hire for the sale, they would be honestly interested in finding out more info to the benefit of both parties. That was the idea behind having a specific salesperson to deal with enthusiasts.

God point, JETSOLVER. Even the Ford GT500 rep at NYIAS told me Stangs Unleashed is the best place to keep in touch with what's happening.

Archived