TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hertz id

interceptor

I don't think so since Hertz bought the 500 black GT's from Ford and then shipped them SA in LV to be turned into the GT-H. Amy may be able to shed more light on this. :)

Cam

If you look at the cars, they will say gt-h and have gt-H badging, I would think that they would be discribed as GT-H's so they could raise more $$

Amy

If you look at the cars, they will say gt-h and have gt-H badging, I would think that they would be discribed as GT-H's so they could raise more $$

Amy

I think that he was asking if there was anything in the VIN to differentiate between a GT-H and a forgery/rebody (ie: Shelby GT gets totalled and someone takes the serial# & badges and makes a new one), or just forges a GT-H outright. Without either a special designated VIN or VIN documentation (as to which VINs became GT-Hs) this could theoretically be done, if someone was determined enough.

is there a way to tell from the original ford vin if a gt is a gt-h? a hertz auction listing has black gt's listed but don't designate them as gt-h s

I Asked Hertz a similiar question. Here's my inquiry and their reply. Sent this on 12/18/2006. Guess it depends on how well hooked up you are.

Looking for info on procedure to purchase a Mustang Shelby GT-H like the

one I rented while at the SEMA show in Las Vegas this year. I understand

some are now for sale. E-mail reply preferred. Thanks

Thank you for inquiring to Hertz. At this time, the Mustang GT-Hs will be

offered to the Ford dealers at closed auctions. If I can be of any further

assistance please don’t hesitate to email or contact me on our toll free

number 1-800-654-4171.

:unsure: i just watched 21 go through manheim pa. auction. suprisingly many didn't sell. 7 were offered from a previous denver auction and they were no sells also. love to have one but i think there projected prices are a bit high.

yes it was live at 1 pm.my boss was there from our dealership. i was so hoping. but too rich for my blood.

they will have to come down in price as they will start to lose money with all the shuffling around transportation costs alone!! and as the unsold Rentals stack up, they will have a clearance sale! their little scheme to sell the first few Mint cars at high prices may have not been enough to carry the entire resale of the fleet! I see them coming down to $40K in the next two months.

they will have to come down in price as they will start to lose money with all the shuffling around transportation costs alone!! and as the unsold Rentals stack up, they will have a clearance sale! their little scheme to sell the first few Mint cars at high prices may have not been enough to carry the entire resale of the fleet! I see them coming down to $40K in the next two months.

Don't know about the timeframe, but I did notice that even the notorious e-bay's "buy it now" prices on these cars have dropped (in some cases) by as much as $20k from the first 2 cars-- others are now asking $65k. That is a significant drop in a very short time frame. I think that the Shelby GT is having an impact on this as the GT is essentially the same car, but with a stick option, brand new & unabused. Most folks aren't collectors, they are drivers. Logic would dictate- why buy a beat-up rental for $60k-$80k when I can get a new, undriven one for $36,970?

So, I think that there is alot less market pressure than the dealer's initially predicted. Those guys will take a bath, and other dealers must have taken notice and shied away due to the risk. As auction cars buid up, the glut could cause a quick market correction.....hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting!

By the way, Machman...what was the opening bid for these cars, can you tell us???

there is a list that has the vin and shelby matching numbers, the list has been kept private, so if we are given a vin we can tell you if the car is a shelby

Amy

• 9 months later...

crispy23c they started at 60k.many low mileage cars went to the same dealer anywhere from 62 to 65k and amy thanxs for the vin info.

Hello- Is there any way to tell, by VIN number or something else, , what auction the car sold at and how much the dealer paid?

Archived