TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many here race your car

kaylan1521

Just wondering how many race their current stang. If so what kind of racing? and what are your best accomplishments?

I drag race my Bullitt and with a stock 2V bottom end my best time is 11.84 @ 116 with a 1.54 60' time.

Also wondering if any waiting for the GT500 will race it as well.

I am certainly going to take it down the track a few times! B)

I've run my COBRA at the drag strip 3 times and got it down to 12.36 at 104. I also drive the crap out of it 3/4 times a year on track days and go through 2 sets of sticky road race tires. I would like to do the same with the GT500 but at 3850lbs it might be expensive. :o The drag runs had terrible 60 ft times thats why I got the upper/lower rear arms, and havn't been back yet.

I race my '95, and have done so since the car was brand new (first time at the track, the car had around 200 miles on it). My best time in stock trim with 2.73 gears and a half tank of gas was 14.604 @ 94.95 with a 2.33 short time. Current best is a 12.78 @ 108.50 with a 1.78 short time. Car had a 347, blew a head gasket somewhere around the 660', looked like it was on fire going down the track. It's currently undergoind a stout 351W swap. I'm hoping for an 11.anything! LOL

Our Vert hasn't seen much track time. As a bone stocker with 16,000 miles on the clock, stock 2.73 gears and the AOD, the car ran an embarassing 16.03 @ a blistering 90 MPH. We did H/C/I, gears, and exhaust, and the car went 14.74 @ 96 MPH, still with the crappy AOD. We did a 5 speed swap, deducted 96#, and have yet to see the results. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 13s right now. Car weighs 3280 with a 1/4 tank of gas and nobody inside.

Many moon ago I use to take the 95 Cobra to SCCA and NASA auto X running in stock class but I quickly found that the F body GM cars suspension was far better than the Cobra. So after 6 months of getting spanked by every Camero that came along I put a blower on the Cobra which moved me to the modified class. That was a mistake because that class had all the purpose built race cars so I still got cleaned every week. After the one year I gave up. I went drag racing a few times just to see how it would do with the blower. Launching on stock suspension was really hard without going up in smoke, it seems to me I would bounce between high 12's and low 13's using the race gas.

• 4 months later...

I dont have any times for my new vert (well new to me), its under going a blower installation... Yes I havent even driven it and I am intalling the blower. My 90 Notch back that I just sold to get the vert went to the track a couple of times, but I never got any slips. Beat a 03 Mach 1 by 7 cars spinning all of 1st, 2nd-3rd shift and hitting the brakes right before the finish... Correct me if I am wrong but arent 03 mach 1's a low 13 car? LOL I did that with a passanger, on no name street tires, and with out the bottle.

• 2 months later...

I have to step up and put in a few words regarding my bf's 92 LX.

It's street legal, but barely. Last time at the track he was a very

consistent 10.1 sec in the 1/4 mile at 140mph. If you want to see

the timeslip, go to www.mikeymustang.com and check out the

"Images" page as well as the "Videos" page. Our local IHRA track

doesn't do a good track prep. That and some other issues, once

he can get this beast to hook off the line, it's definitely a high 9

sec pony. I've seen him smoke so many Chevy's, and imports

don't stand a chance. :rockon:

Alicia*

• 2 weeks later...

I have to step up and put in a few words regarding my bf's 92 LX.

It's street legal, but barely. Last time at the track he was a very

consistent 10.1 sec in the 1/4 mile at 140mph. If you want to see

the timeslip, go to www.mikeymustang.com and check out the

"Images" page as well as the "Videos" page. Our local IHRA track

doesn't do a good track prep. That and some other issues, once

he can get this beast to hook off the line, it's definitely a high 9

sec pony. I've seen him smoke so many Chevy's, and imports

don't stand a chance. :rockon:

Alicia*

I do, not sure what my times are under 2 minutes fro most tracks LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Only been to a dragstrip twice in my life- both times took a mustang... last time was 1984 in my 69 fastback(302 automatic w/edelbrock/holley/comp he268 cam- but still had single exhausts) only ran a 15.6- last of 4 runs a girl in a new mustang beat me- was embarassing...

tonight took the06 out(zero performance mods), and had a ball- test and tune night, so cars 14 sec and over, kids can ride...they just thought it was the neatest thing ever...with wife/kids on board, best was 14.4 @ 98 something, best solo was 14.02 @ 102.25 ,a .194 reaction, 2.274 60 foot, 9.154 1/8 @78.5... Best time was solo after letting the car sit and cool down about 45 minutes- forgot to turn traction control off, actually did better with it on...was warm/muggy tonight, never even checked tire pressure, was spinning/hopping a little on every run(trying to leave at 2~3k, but no skill here), but suprised myself in 10 powershifts to third never missed one, always got a little chirp... while not fast by any means, was still a lot of fun, especially for the kids- they didnt want to leave :)

first run was a whopping 15.46 @ 94, w/.76 reaction! this stuff is a lot harder than it looks - but is a lot of fun :) Took some time tonight to sit and watch some guys run, pretty cool...everything from turbo ricers/crotch rockets/diesel pickups(!)/mini-kids dragsters...there was a lightning pickup that really sounded wicked- running low 13's. Seeing a big 4x4 quadcab dodge diesel running high 15's was pretty impressive too- thats a lot of mass to get moving!

post-1452-1153886631_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1153886631_thumb.jpg

Only been to a dragstrip twice in my life- both times took a mustang... last time was 1984 in my 69 fastback(302 automatic w/edelbrock/holley/comp he268 cam- but still had single exhausts) only ran a 15.6- last of 4 runs a girl in a new mustang beat me- was embarassing...

tonight took the06 out(zero performance mods), and had a ball- test and tune night, so cars 14 sec and over, kids can ride...they just thought it was the neatest thing ever...with wife/kids on board, best was 14.4 @ 98 something, best solo was 14.02 @ 102.25 ,a .194 reaction, 2.274 60 foot, 9.154 1/8 @78.5... Best time was solo after letting the car sit and cool down about 45 minutes- forgot to turn traction control off, actually did better with it on...was warm/muggy tonight, never even checked tire pressure, was spinning/hopping a little on every run(trying to leave at 2~3k, but no skill here), but suprised myself in 10 powershifts to third never missed one, always got a little chirp... while not fast by any means, was still a lot of fun, especially for the kids- they didnt want to leave :)

first run was a whopping 15.46 @ 94, w/.76 reaction! this stuff is a lot harder than it looks - but is a lot of fun :) Took some time tonight to sit and watch some guys run, pretty cool...everything from turbo ricers/crotch rockets/diesel pickups(!)/mini-kids dragsters...there was a lightning pickup that really sounded wicked- running low 13's. Seeing a big 4x4 quadcab dodge diesel running high 15's was pretty impressive too- thats a lot of mass to get moving!

Sounds like a blast!

• 1 month later...

Archived