TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Vents

ksmach1

This might sound crazy but I bet a flat piece of heavy rubber shaped to conform to it would help a lot Maybe Shelby or someone else can mass produce them with the CS logo on them?...............

you asked lol

Thanks for the input. The power of suggestion is a beautiful thing! I read the posts from you and Crispy. Are you getting a GT500 soon? If so, congrats to you in advance. Once you take delivery, I promise you will not be disapointed with this car. I do have one other problem with the car. I was washing it just this pass Sunday when I discovered some water on the passenger side floor. Futher investigation, I found that it was all wet behind the kick panel. So now my black beauty is at the dealer for the next few days while the mild December weather continues. I'll post the findings and all the details of how it was fixed so that you will have a heads up when you get yours. When you get it, show it off, post me a pic!!! Good luck

Ken

Thanks for the input. The power of suggestion is a beautiful thing! I read the posts from you and Crispy. Are you getting a GT500 soon? If so, congrats to you in advance. Once you take delivery, I promise you will not be disapointed with this car. I do have one other problem with the car. I was washing it just this pass Sunday when I discovered some water on the passenger side floor. Futher investigation, I found that it was all wet behind the kick panel. So now my black beauty is at the dealer for the next few days while the mild December weather continues. I'll post the findings and all the details of how it was fixed so that you will have a heads up when you get yours. When you get it, show it off, post me a pic!!! Good luck

Ken

That is a common problem. I have read a few posts about this leak in other forums.My 06 has it but being in storage there is no hurry here. I'll let ford fix it in the Spring( they already know about it) Good Luck

That is a common problem. I have read a few posts about this leak in other forums.My 06 has it but being in storage there is no hurry here. I'll let ford fix it in the Spring( they already know about it) Good Luck

This is common but many Ford dealerships refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. Water leaks in the car through a gap on the passenger side firewall and then soaks not only carpet but the electrical system making the car go haywire. Ford should have issued a recall since shorting out the electrical system is potentially dangerous (car going haywire while driving).

Here is a whole thread on the suject: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005...-on-wheels.html

This is common but many Ford dealerships refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. Water leaks in the car through a gap on the passenger side firewall and then soaks not only carpet but the electrical system making the car go haywire. Ford should have issued a recall since shorting out the electrical system is potentially dangerous (car going haywire while driving).

Here is a whole thread on the suject: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005...-on-wheels.html

Paleoc,

Thanks for the info. So I'm not loosing my mind. I will be talking to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks again.

I was looking under the hood today, thinking about your question. I wonder if some open cell foam would work, the kind of foam used in home window air conditioners,it allows air flow but would stop most of the water. I may try it . :mellow: Mark

Mark,

Let me know how that works out. How long have you had your GT500? Have you had any water leak problems after washing the car? I'm having an issue were water is coming down inside the passenger side kick panel and than onto the carpet. Thanks for your suggestion about the hood vents.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Archived