TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Info on Shelby GT

tinpony_merged

Does anyone have a clue on how to find a dealer that has a 'clue' about the Shelby GT? I have emailed many dealers from the ford home page and they know 'nothing'.... I have to keep saying "no, NOT the GT500, just the GT" and they say Huh? will dealers have the total delivery price after it comes back from Shelby or does anyone know anything.....

Does anyone have a clue on how to find a dealer that has a 'clue' about the Shelby GT? I have emailed many dealers from the ford home page and they know 'nothing'.... I have to keep saying "no, NOT the GT500, just the GT" and they say Huh? will dealers have the total delivery price after it comes back from Shelby or does anyone know anything.....

See my post on the TMS website, it's pretty frustrating, there is alot of hype but not much solid info. Hang in there. Amy said they start on four test cars on Monday.

GG

Tin pony

I have been interested in purchasing a Shelby GT myself. I have run into the same problems as you. So on Monday 11-27 I was in Las Vegas and I went to the Shelby Factory in North Las Vegas. I had the opportunity to see, Sit in and look over a black Shelby GT. I think the car was probably the brochure car, the only thing I didn"t like was they had painted the polished wheels black. I was told the retail price of the car was going to be around $35,950.00. Good luck paying that from a dealer!! I have gone to two dealers in my area and they both have ordered cars. As of monday the cars still had not gone into production. good luck!!

]

Well your lucky, ar least you found a dealer that knew how to order. The ones I have talked to are clueless.

I intend to try to get them to write a contract at MSRP on delivery or not more than 2K over, and I will go for it. Otherwise I will just invest in my existing 06GT to make it look like the Shelby.

Well your lucky, ar least you found a dealer that knew how to order. The ones I have talked to are clueless.

I intend to try to get them to write a contract at MSRP on delivery or not more than 2K over, and I will go for it. Otherwise I will just invest in my existing 06GT to make it look like the Shelby.

tell them its the 54U coded mustang, that might help

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Dec 4 2006, 11:33 PM) 1736[/snapback]

tell them its the 54U coded mustang, that might help

Amy

I have called 12 dealers and had to educate them all. I did give the the 54U code as well but then I have had to continually tell them no it is not a GT500. I think I have finally found a few that understand what I am saying, after very long conversations over the phone. Unfortunately there are just not that many dealerships in the know about the Shelby GT. I am sure once they are then we will see even more ADM. One dealership told me that their 5K over is less than the "National agreed mark up of $7500." Wow, so now they have a forum for markups? :D

Archived