TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Build Sheet

Fireball

I ordered one today from my dealer. Not sure yet what the MSRP will be, but am confident it'll be in the $35K range that Amy has discussed.

I went with the following:

Black

Manual

IUP

Dark Charcoal Interior

Shaker 500

Anti Theft

Lockable wheels

Sirius

Can't wait to get it...I am VERY excited. Looking forward to seeing how to order options such as S/C from Shelby.

Is this yours, or just wishful thinking?

Neither. I'm learning what I can about the Shelby GT so I can order one from a local Ford dealer. My area dealers are clueless about the Shelby GT, so I've been educating them. They keep thinking I want a Shelby GT 500 (which I do not).

Fireball

I ordered one today from my dealer. Not sure yet what the MSRP will be, but am confident it'll be in the $35K range that Amy has discussed.

I went with the following:

Black

Manual

IUP

Dark Charcoal Interior

Shaker 500

Anti Theft

Lockable wheels

Sirius

Can't wait to get it...I am VERY excited. Looking forward to seeing how to order options such as S/C from Shelby.

Sorry about the double post must have pushed the wrong tab

GG

I'm beginning to think this must be pretty much the stock standard base car. I ordered exactly the same car/color combination from Landers Ford in Little Rock on a leap of faith not knowing how much the Shelby additions will cost.

I have a really nice black low miles 05 Mustang GT that I would like to sell prior to buying this car, but don't have a clue on delivery date or final price.

There have been a great many posts on dealer ADM, but that's the American way I suppose. I've purchased many vehicles from Lander's Auto Group and got MSRP without a problem. I think the real issue is customer loyalty.

You can't expect to walk in the door of a Ford dealer and get special treatment on a limited production car when there is no expectation of future business. I purchased two new 05 GT's on A plan by phone for my son and I in October of 04. Got one of the first five delivered to Little Rock.

In any event, we should all enjoy the pursuit of the perfect car at a reasonable price. I know most of us are wearing AmyB out on the forums with questions and final pricing with options would help all of us, but that's life in the fast lane.

When I bought my 05 GT, I was convinced that was my one mid-life crisis purchase and I have added a few tasteful options for that Mach 1 look; however, getting anything with the Shelby name on it is going to be a challange for the few lucky ones the first go round. Lander's stated there were 20 allocated to the zone Little Rock was in.

I would like to pick mine up in Las Vegas also, but do you want to put all those miles on it driving back home, I'm not sure. I sure would like to see the Shelby facility and these after market Shelby add ons are very tempting.......

Just my thoughts...

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have any firm info on the final window sticker price, or a copy of a window sticker after the car has been to Vegas. If a guy waits to see one in the showroom it will already be too late to buy it.

I'm guessing 36k but would love some solid info....HELP

it will be 35.9

Amy

I would like to pick mine up in Las Vegas also, but do you want to put all those miles on it driving back home, I'm not sure. I sure would like to see the Shelby facility and these after market Shelby add ons are very tempting.......

Just my thoughts...

Very tempting....

And the miles back will just be me breaking it in and enjoying my new car. I can't wait honestly. I just moved into my new house so don't have my scanner set up. My DORA looks similar except I got the Nav system put in mine instead of the Shaker.

Also before anyone starts screaming "why would I want a NAV system in a Shelby?!", I will just say this...

...because it is my car and I wanted it. :D

My list keeps getting longer for the add ons at SA as they make them available. I will gladly do the Las Vegas pick up for all the fun toys.

B)

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Dec 13 2006, 03:05 PM) 1945[/snapback]

it will be 35.9

Amy

Amy,

Where does the pricing start from. Meaning, is that based on a GT Premimum with interior upgrade or completely base GT delux? Can you say what the MSRP is on the Shelby portion? Then we could add it to what we have on DORAs?

Thank You,

Chris

Very tempting....

And the miles back will just be me breaking it in and enjoying my new car. I can't wait honestly. I just moved into my new house so don't have my scanner set up. My DORA looks similar except I got the Nav system put in mine instead of the Shaker.

Also before anyone starts screaming "why would I want a NAV system in a Shelby?!", I will just say this...

...because it is my car and I wanted it. :D

My list keeps getting longer for the add ons at SA as they make them available. I will gladly do the Las Vegas pick up for all the fun toys.

B)

I didn't even know there was a nav system available in the mustangs and I follow them closely. How much was this option and the code.

GG

I didn't even know there was a nav system available in the mustangs and I follow them closely. How much was this option and the code.

GG

58X for the Nav system for $1995 on my DORA. It is a new option being offered on the '07.5 batch. It was just something I wanted different in my car. I have to find some way to all those car shows, tracks, and just days where I can drive the wheels off the car and still find my way home.

B)

does anyone have any firm info on the final window sticker price, or a copy of a window sticker after the car has been to Vegas. If a guy waits to see one in the showroom it will already be too late to buy it.

I'm guessing 36k but would love some solid info....HELP

TinPony,

I'm not writting this to piss you off but more as advice form a little fish in a big pond. I was lucky to purchase a GT500 three weeks ago because one guy backed out and I was next. My dealer was only getting two and maybe a third. Of course I was number three on the list. The GT500 that was turned down never made it into a showroom. It was kept out of sight in another garage when I went to the dealer. I asked the question why? The sales manager said they did not want to promote a car in there showroom that they could not order for anyone who wanted one. This would only piss off potenial customers. The GT Shelby will most likely be the handled the same way the GT500 was and I'm almost positive that they are producing less units than the GT500. If this car follows in the GT500 foot steps, these cars will already be spoken for prior to delivery and will not last one day at the dealer after they arrive. My suggestion to you is, get out there and get your name on as many lists as you can and don't worry about the price now. After the MSRP is out, than figure out how to raise the money. Weather you can afford it or not, atleast you put your self in a position to have a shot. I understand your frustration, I was there myself. Hope things workout in your favor pal

Ken

I think that if the president of Shelby is saying $35.9K that is pretty solid MSRP. Expect to pay a more if you added on Ford options like Sirius, AAT, or if you have the $2K for the DVD.

I'm a little jealous of Milstang, I wanted the DVD-Nav but think I will use the 2K for something else for the car :D .

Tinpony, I wouldn't wait too long. Keep in mind if you are lucky enogh to find a dealer with more than one allocated car that atleast 50% of those cars have to be automatic. Assuming the dealer ordered a manual for the first car, their second would be an automatic.

I think that if the president of Shelby is saying $35.9K that is pretty solid MSRP. Expect to pay a more if you added on Ford options like Sirius, AAT, or if you have the $2K for the DVD.

I'm a little jealous of Milstang, I wanted the DVD-Nav but think I will use the 2K for something else for the car :D .

Tinpony, I wouldn't wait too long. Keep in mind if you are lucky enogh to find a dealer with more than one aalocated car that atleast 50% of those cars have to be automatic. Assuming the dealer ordered a manual for the first their second would be an automatic.

Ha! Well the wife told me to get as much as I could wrapped into the financing on the car. All the additions from Shelby are coming from her paycheck and she wanted to make sure I got as much as I could from the start. I love my wife... :wub:

She says it is because I didn't get a chance to really enjoy my 99 Mustang as I was either deployed or working some crazy hours. Now my schedule is, cough, a little more normal and she wants me to enjoy the car to the max. B)

I hope we can pick up our cars the same day socaljafo, would like to meet another enthusiast. ...of course my guess is that most of the people doing the LV pick up are.

Ha! Well the wife told me to get as much as I could wrapped into the financing on the car. All the additions from Shelby are coming from her paycheck and she wanted to make sure I got as much as I could from the start. I love my wife... :wub:

She says it is because I didn't get a chance to really enjoy my 99 Mustang as I was either deployed or working some crazy hours. Now my schedule is, cough, a little more normal and she wants me to enjoy the car to the max. B)

I hope we can pick up our cars the same day socaljafo, would like to meet another enthusiast. ...of course my guess is that most of the people doing the LV pick up are.

I can't wait to meet everyone picking up cars in vegas, it's gonna be so cool!

Also, I didnt know there was a nav either. I wonder if I can get it in my gt500? I will have to check, I really need one, especially for the bull run....lol

Amy

I can't wait to meet everyone picking up cars in vegas, it's gonna be so cool!

Also, I didnt know there was a nav either. I wonder if I can get it in my gt500? I will have to check, I really need one, especially for the bull run....lol

Amy

Hmm...need a dash camera for that one...

:D

Looking forward to meeting as many as I can when I get to Las Vegas as well! I was there back in April and one of your nice people let me go back there and see the GT-H's...they had just put the hood on the first one. It was really neat and I appreciated the kind offer a lot! I was in uniform so I guess he figured I would blend in with all that green around your building....ok, so maybe it was more sand than anything. :P

• 4 weeks later...

All you guys wanting nav system.... Yo can go but a tom tom or garmin for 200 bucks that will transfer to any car. Just grab it and plug it in. They work great. 2000 bucks for one installed?! thats crasy. Also remember gps may go the way of LORAN in the future so 10 -15 years from now you would just have a 2000 dollar screen in the dash. jonathan

OK, I didn't order the NAV because I wanted to use the $2000 for something else (brakes). However, I want to say what is the need for some people to call others crazy for the cars or options they choose to purchase. There are several people who call all of us crazy for paying $10K extra for a 19HP upgrade. Oh well, my choice. The Tom Tom may work great for you but somebody else may want the somewhat unique option of the GPS whether for need, want or rarity. Milstang is the only person on several sites that I read who is going to get the NAV. Oh wait I think Amy said she is also.

As for going the way of LORAN; I doubt it at least not in the next 50 years. I may be mistaken but LORAN was basically used in two industries, maritime and aviation. GPS is used in several and growing. GPS use in everyday life: aviation, maritime, trucking, rail, automotive, mobile phones, engineering, construction, outdoor activities (hunting & hiking), and I think I even saw a golfing tool with GPS. This overall acceptance and growth will keep GPR around for some time.

Either way, please let us stop telling people to how to live their life and choices.

My two cents and I am of the soap box.

All you guys wanting nav system.... Yo can go but a tom tom or garmin for 200 bucks that will transfer to any car. Just grab it and plug it in. They work great. 2000 bucks for one installed?! thats crasy. Also remember gps may go the way of LORAN in the future so 10 -15 years from now you would just have a 2000 dollar screen in the dash. jonathan

You can get the 3" screen and have a box sitting on your dash or attached to your window, true. That is the going rate for almost every aftermarket install I have found. Maybe I will have a 2K screen 10-15 years down the road...

GPS is not going away anytime soon. I work with the stuff in the military, you know we invented it and teh F-22, JSF and the rest all have advanced versions and so do the many of the bombs we drop.

Either way it is my car and I don't think it is crazy to buy it. So you are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine, so get your Shelby GT without the NAV and I hope we can grab some coffee at a car show or track meet someday.

hi iam new here and got my name on one sheby-gt but would like some info or where to find it i have told by a dealer in ohio that is going to look like the hertz car where can i see a picture of one anyone out there can help would be a great help i have seen some on line but not sure what the hood etc well look like thanks

hi iam new here and got my name on one sheby-gt but would like some info or where to find it i have told by a dealer in ohio that is going to look like the hertz car where can i see a picture of one anyone out there can help would be a great help i have seen some on line but not sure what the hood etc well look like thanks

All the pictures you can use:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/gallery.asp?car=gt2

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...96/pageNumber=1

Archived