TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 Proyect

ruben05

Hi, this is my first post. I got a 2005 GT with plans to converted to a CS8 (hope to be supercharged). Thanks Jason and Ted for all the information. In August, I had placed my first order of CS8 parts (fascia, hood, grilles, lights, scoops, emblems). I 'm planning on Shelby Baer brakes for the next year and some other parts. I have some questions regarding my project.

1. I don't know if the 20'' razor wheels will fit the spare tire space in the truck. I just read that the normal spare will not fit with the new brakes.

2. Is possible to use the factory wiring of the fog lights with the PIAA that the CS8 use?

3. Root supercharger is the one used by the Shelby GT 500, I know that centrifugal supercharge is the one that you recommend. But, if a Whipple supercharge of ford racing is used, the car can be put in Shelby’s registry?

4. Ted told me that a V6 grill was needed to install the CS8 Grille. I haven't received mine, but I have been studying how I'm going to do it with the photos you post. Some cutting of the OEM is needed? And if is correct, how can be done?

Keep posting, please guys, is a lot of useful information. I'm from Puerto Rico and as I know I’m the only one on the island doing a full conversion.

Thanks

Ruben

1. Mine fit, but the width didnt. Im running 275/35/zr20's. If the trunk liner being lifted a little isnt an issue then your good. But confirmed the stock wheel wont fit after the MASSIVE Shelby / Baer brake upgrade.

2. Yes, absolutely. You just splice a wire ( i used a fused piece ) from the stock loom to the fog lights. Everything youll need is in the fog like kit from PIAA.

3. The car will only be elligble for a maximum of Stage II registry, not a full kit Stage III.

4. If your building a CS8 or GT car you will need to purchase a V6 grille and modify it just like the V6 guys already have to do. Instructions are available. I can sell you a V6 grille or you can source one from your local Ford dealership.

If theres anything else you need guys let me know!

4. If your building a CS8 or GT car you will need to purchase a V6 grille and modify it just like the V6 guys already have to do. Instructions are available. I can sell you a V6 grille or you can source one from your local Ford dealership.

If theres anything else you need guys let me know!

Can I grt a copy of the instructions for the grille modification?

Can I grt a copy of the instructions for the grille modification?

I have those instructions for you. I prepared a zip file you can download that contains the instructions in PDF form and the template as a JPG picture.

Download them using THIS LINK.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

I have those instructions for you. I prepared a zip file you can download that contains the instructions in PDF form and the template as a JPG picture.

Download them using THIS LINK.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

I've printed that template 10 different ways and only get 8 inches on the measurement anyone else tried

to get this thing to scale yet.

I've printed that template 10 different ways and only get 8 inches on the measurement anyone else tried

to get this thing to scale yet.

Try this. When I printed it, I got it to measure 1/32" short of exactly 7 3/8" which is as close as I could get it with clunky image programs. Save the image to your computer and print it. Don't use Adobe as it kept resizing the image to what it thought was best.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/Pal...le_Template.jpg

Archived